A better extension for Pinboard (http://pinboard.in). Easy to know current page has been saved or not.
Pinboard Plus is a better Chrome extension for Pinboard.in. Easy to know current page has been saved or not. * Icon changing to show current page has been saved or not * Add, modify and delete bookmarks from the popup window * Same UI style with Pinboard official site * Set private if in Incognito Mode Contact me: @ClvrObj ---------------------------------------------------------------- Update: 2.12.4: Update the icons to adapt to the dark mode. 2.12.3: Improve case sensitive auto completion for tags; Increase auto suggestion list size(5 -> 7), kudos to @jorge0136. 2.12.2: Utilizing local meta keywords tags to suggest better and more relevant tags. Thanks Ventz Petkov. 2.12.1: Remove header from options page. 2.12: Better WebExtension compatibility. Thanks @hyperfekt 2.11.5: fix issue Tab auto-complete only works on second load 2.11.4: new tags can be auto-complete now 2.11.3: check if Pinboard API down 2.11.2: less notification (no notify when query post status) 2.11.1: Show notification if error(including the token expired, API down etc.) occurs 2.11: better error handling for logging in 2.10: Add option to auto-enable 'private' in Incognito Mode. @the_kenny 2.9: Tags input improvements. By @kosqx 2.8: Add option to check "read later" by default. Thanks @sublimino ! 2.7: Tags suggestion small improvement. 2.6 Using Pinboard API token to login. 2.4 Add blockquote options, thanks @spl. 2.3 bugfix. 2.0 Code refactor. 1.15 Suggestions improve by @seansay and bugfix. 1.14 New indicator icon by Tamim Swaid ( @tamimat ). 1.13: New item in options: private always checked. 1.12: Automatically encloses the description in <blockquote> tags when it's populated from the window's current selection, thanks @cdzombak 1.11: You can disable bookmark auto-check in options page, thanks @statico 1.10: Fix tag autocomplete bug kudos goes to @concept47 1.9: C-n, C-p to select tags. 1.8: Bugfix. 1.7: Fix login failed issue on Chrome beta, kudos goes to @cdzombak 1.6: Bug fix. 1.5: Fixed focus at tags input when popup open. 1.4: Colored icon! 1.3: add saving state icon and bug fix. 1.2: close popup after hit submit; text selected copy to "Notes" field of popup; bug fix.
- (2019-08-27) Brian Tully: Great extension when it works. But it stopped working. Can no longer log in via the API Token. Just times out with an error, but doesn't say what the error is :(
- (2019-03-20) Martin Velchevski: Works okay, but please update your extension icon for Chrome Dark Mode. Current one is absolutely invisible when Dark Mode is active. Cheers!
- (2019-01-13) Brynjard Øvergård: It works well and is quite userfriendly, but it has a couple of quirks. It doesn't allow you to set the private flag by default, and autocompletion of labels are forced to be lowercase (and enter is always used for completion), so if any of your existing bookmarks use different case in labels you'll see lots of different issues in search and categorization.
- (2019-01-05) Brian Tully: This extension hijacks Chrome DevTools "Run Command" keyboard shortcut (Command-Shift-P) and there is no way to disable the Pinboard Plus keyboard shortcut. Looked into asking for support but based on the Github project it looks like this project has been abandoned. Look elsewhere.
- (2018-09-15) Lu Zhang: Very convenient to use. I change the bookmark shortcut to trigger this extension to replace the default bookmark manager.
- (2018-09-06) Tommy Svensson: Big plus for using API token rather than requiring user and password like far too many other pinboard.in plugins. The only reason for not giving 5 starts is that I think the tag field is a bit too primitive.
- (2018-05-10) Kate T.: It's good, but I wish it didn't truncate large quotes. I'll probably return to the bookmarklet if that doesn't change or become optional.
- (2017-11-19) Francesco Mari: Awesome, thanks!
- (2017-10-21) Wayne Lansdowne: Excellent features and options!
- (2017-08-07) Scott Allen: Being able to instantly tell if you've previously pinned a page saves a lot of time. So far no issues with the extension not "silently" saving my pins.
- (2017-07-12) Andy Mann: I like how easy this is to use (trying to leave my commitment to another social bookmarking tool.) I'd like you to add an option to highlight text on the page and automatically insert that into the notes area.
- (2017-06-21) Derick Rodriguez: Nice extension when it works. The silent failures from API issues is a problem. I have no way of knowing if my bookmarks have actually saved or not...
- (2016-10-05) Crispin Bennett: The best Pinboard extension I've tried so far. It's fast and, bound to a keyboard shortcut, very convenient. It is a little flaky. Sometimes it just doesn't work, and after logging out will fail to log in again. These might be a consequence of the Pinboard API being down, but the silent failures (eg. appearing but failing to save) are disconcerting. Some success/failure feedback would greatly enhance this generally useful extension. Bear in mind as another reviewer noted that by default this will check with Pinboard's API for an existing bookmark for every site you visit. If you don't want this behaviour, check 'Do not check if page has already been bookmarked ' in the options. [ I had previously reviewed PP more negatively because of issues with the tag autocomplete. I have since found a workaround: disable Chrome form auto-fill ]
- (2016-09-02) Charlie Owen: Very useful when it works. However, just discovered that my API token expired and it has been silently failing to save bookmarks for the last two weeks. Now it refuses to log back in, even with a new Pinboard API token. If fixed, this is worth five stars. But right now it's broken. :( [UPDATE: changing this from 2 to 4 stars now that the login is working again. It would get 5 stars if it wasn't for the silent saving errors that, as far as I'm aware, have not been fixed]
- (2016-07-08) Chris Cothrun: Was disappointed to find that my API login or Pinboard cookie expired and this addon was silently discarding bookmarks instead of displaying a warning that sites weren't being saved. Frustrations other's mention are present as well, Chrome's autocomplete offering unwanted suggestions, etc.
- (2016-06-10) Denys Pasishnyi: It's simple but it do what is necessary.
- (2016-02-27) Adam Hill: Awesome Pinboard entension.
- (2015-11-12) Rob Kunkle: This is my favorte Pinboard extension for chrome. I like the "R" random feature. There are two things I would like to see: Support for pinboards "Note" feature. This could be as simple as a link to pinboard, next to "R" maybe "N" Also would like to see keyboard command and right click menu to add a new bookmark. Thank you!
- (2015-08-03) Adrien Pétremann: Works perfectly, faster than light. A must have for pinboard users.
- (2015-07-03) Works very well except it's missing the Tab Sets feature.
- (2015-02-07) Anvil Pants: Good work. Edit: Moved both problems to support tab. TL;DR: Extension pings Pinboard.in with all private URI except "chrome://", and extension will tell new users "login failed" if Pinboard API is offline, but will silently fail to store bookmarks for anyone else.
- (2015-02-05) Christina Pilz: I have trouble sometimes when I click the pin to pin a URL...and the pin displays the window, and I enter my tags....and then, sometimes I can't click the Submit button, or even when I do, the tags aren't saved. When it works it works! But sometimes there are glitches.
- (2014-12-11) Andrei Simionescu: The best friggin' pinboard Chrome extension.
- (2014-11-03) Adam Lindberg: Login does not work with a correct API token.
- (2017-12-12, v:2.11.5) Nick Hustak: Cannot type into API box
Cannot type into API box to login anymore.
- (2017-11-19, v:2.11.5) Francesco Mari: Black icon sometimes lies :-)
>> Is it possibile to have the icon black only when the bookmark has *really* been saved? << Sometimes the pin doesn't get saved, but the icon gets the black color, so the user thinks that's been saved, while it might not be saved actually...
- (2017-09-30, v:2.11.4) Greg Burlile: Icon not changing...always grey
Hello. When sucessfully save a bookmark, the icon does not change. It is always grey. I made sure that the options was set to show the icon would change if i was on a site that has been saved.
- (2017-07-12, v:2.11.4) Luigi Ray-Montañez: Cmd-Shift-P
On a Mac, Cmd-Shift-P will open this extension. However, that conflicts with the hotkey combination to open Chrome DevTools' Command Menu. I'd like to disable Cmd-Shift-P in this extension, or reassign it, so I can bring up the DevTools Command Menu. Thank you!
- (2017-05-09, v:2.11.3) David X. Lima: Wrap Selected Text with <blockquote>
Depending on the size of the selected text, Pinboard Plus won't upload all the text to the bookmark description, even though it should, because I've checked it and the number of characters accepted is shorter than Pinboard accepts. This is the only thing that troubles me, other than that, I believe it is the best Pinboard extension available. Well done! (I'm not sure if it has been fixed already, since I stopped using this extension because of it. I'm just giving it another shot and posting my dissatisfaction before checking it out.)
- (2017-03-28, v:2.11.2) Brian Donahue: "Please check your connection"
Seeing this red error "Please check your connection" every time I try to use the plugin now. Can't save any bookmarks.
- (2017-03-13, v:2.11.1) Isral DeBruin: Can't pin new URLs!
Since last week, anytime I try to pin a new URL, Pinboard Plus gives me a red error bar saying, "Pinboard API probably down." That doesn't seem to be the case, though. What's the solution?
- (2017-02-07, v:2.10) Eric Ashman: false positive tagged pages
Some pages that have not been tagged by me show up as black/tagged on the pin before I have tagged them.
- (2016-12-08, v:2.10) David Parrott: Unable to Login
Since the last update I am unable to login with the API key. Pasting into the box just returns "Login Failed" with no additional detail.
- (2016-10-13, v:2.8) Ayla Stein Kenfield: Can't Login
I'm having issues with logging into Pinboard Plus. When I paste my Pinboard API key into the box and hit 'enter', the box goes white and nothing happens.