This extension provides quick translation of selected texts
Important notes: - The shortcut for in page translate is shift button. - The default shortcut for browseraction is CTRL + Q (you can change that later on "chrome://extensions/configureCommands") - If there were opened tabs before you install the extension, you must refresh those tabs in order to activate extension. Supports over 50 languages This extensions allows you to translate the text selection using Google Translate whenever you want. When the extension is installed select some text from a website, then press "shift" button to show translation. This extension is lightweight and does what it says. Translates texts quickly. No messy options. There is two options in options page. One for source language, and another for destination language. You just have to set the destination language and feel free to use it. There is another option which can you use to force translation source language. Changing source language from auto detect to something is not recommended. ------2.5----- bugfix, background page converted persistent ------2.3----- New feature : memorize words. ------2.0----- Option to keyboard shortcuts on inputs (textarea, input). Defaults to true ------1.9----- added text to speech for spelling ------1.8----- added ctrl+q shortcut for browser action ------1.7----- added browser action button ------1.5----- bugfix about options ------1.4----- improved content html ------1.3----- positioning improved ------1.2----- positioning bugfix
- (2020-01-09) Percy Flores: dont work in youtube
- (2019-12-22) CursedBM81: This extension is absolutely beautiful. It DOES do what it says. I hope I use this a lot. EDIT: I just found out that it even shows the definitions of a single selected word. This is more than just a translator, it's a cross-language, simple Google. I also love the color. But, is there a chance that there will soon be an option to change the color?
- (2019-12-18) Leonidas Wander: muito bom, mas, o Ignore inputs/textareas não funciona
- (2019-10-28) BIOS-Pherecydes: Fantastic. Does what it says it does better than Google's dedicated extension, and also works as a simple and effective inline dictionary. Great job.
- (2019-10-07) Joachim Weisse: Funktioniert wie es soll (Chrome 77) allerdings ist das mit der Shift-Taste gewöhnungsbedürftig und zuweilen etwas unhandlich - aber es tut was es soll.
- (2019-09-11) Ahmed Alam: Lame. Lacks double click translate. Removed.
- (2019-09-10) Saeed Daneshi: Very bad, Don't work.
- (2019-08-21) Edu ardo: A melhor de todas, abre uma janelinha na própria página, traduz sem perder o foco na página.
- (2019-07-23) Kami Hsu: Good job
- (2019-07-12) Natani Flutesong: It's usefull and comftable before u need press shift-key while typing. It's not possible to change shift key (unlike Ctrl+Q combination) so it make typing unavailable. That's reason why I'm forced to go back to other translator. So pity P.S.: Ctrl+Q combination open empty window that isn't available to fill so it doesn't work too
- (2019-06-25) Dan-jumbo Victor: I love the easiest translation. But please add the option to customize the shortcut. Especially the hold SHIFT key. This interrupts me when am trying the use shift to switch input cases.
- (2019-05-23) Jacek Kluza: Doesn't work at all… nothing
- (2018-12-04) Works like advertised. But using the shift key was a bad idea. Makes editing text difficult. Unfortunately, I find it more a nuisance that useful.
- (2018-11-21) Sina: At this moment it works perfectly. That is exactly what I was looking for. Great job, thank you.
- (2018-06-04) Ainsov Eternal: great idea and nice realisation... could be. If only not the stupid idea to use SHIFT (SHIFT!!!) for quick translation. And it's not an editable shortcut. As the result you lose ability to work with text by keyboard. Even when youtrying to edit your comment or using Google Keep – right after you use ctrl+shift+arrows key, you can't ctrl+c/x it. I'm really confused, HOW such tommyrot could happened.
- (2018-03-13) Óscar: No sound.
- (2017-11-12) Maciej Grabowski: The best extension. It's veeeery helpful
- (2017-11-08) Gersivan Oliveira: Uma das melhores extensões de suporte a idiomas. Ótima! Só o áudio que deu problema. CONTRA: Áudio não funciona. Não abre pop up próxima a palavra, como é exibida na apresentação.
- (2017-04-28) Very fast.
- (2016-12-15) Kacper Rosły: robi to co ma robić
- (2016-06-22) Dante Pichardo: Justo lo que necesitaba
- (2016-04-06) Pyroman Cze: Pecka
- (2015-11-28) ucretsiz takipci: harika eklenti
- (2015-04-08) S G: Did Google Translate change its API or what? Just getting blank pop-up, tried 3 different extensions.
- (2015-01-24) Владимир Я: It shows only Search bar and nothing else!
- (2019-12-10, v:2.5) Lina G: Der Knopf "Lautsprecher" bzw. die Speech-Funktion geht nicht an
Die Vorlese-Funktion funktioniert nicht. Ob ich darauf klicke oder nicht, das Wort nicht vorgelesen.
- (2019-10-30, v:2.5) emikolaj: Quick Translate does not work with Vivaldi.
I have Vivaldi 2.8.1664.44 (Stable channel) (64-bit) and Quick Translate does not work.
- (2018-08-06, v:2.5) older versions?
Can you please give the link to the older version of the extension? We are using V 0.10 on all our office computers and it was working perfectly. We used it to translate text on Ctr + Click.
- (2018-01-04, v:2.5) William Sant Ana: Option to disable the default SHIFT button
Please allow that!
- (2017-07-31, v:2.5) James T Kelley: right click
It would be really good to add an option to the right-click options menu for translating the selected text.
- (2017-01-17, v:2.5) Phuong Nguyen: Extension suddenly stop working after i reinstall chrome.
It keeps show up "Searching..." and the Shift button does not work. Please help i use this app very often and this is the translate extension i like the most.
- (2016-11-27, v:2.5) Gersivan Oliveira: No audio.
Pronunciation audio does not work. The rest is great! (Translation by Google)
- (2016-04-06, v:2.5) Pyroman Cze: Fucking awesome
Fucking awesome really
- (2015-10-21, v:2.5) M D M: Options removed!
Dear Sir / Madam, Because the extension stopped working, I now tried to remove the extension and reinstall it. After I did that the following options were removed: - Before there was a drop down menu to select the FROM language and the TO language. I need to switch very oftenly to a different language. Before this was the reason I chose for your extension, but since you removed it I can not use this extension. You removed it and now I can go to the options, change language, and then? Then I go back to the tab and nothing changed, the TO language is still the same. That means I also have to refresh the tab. Well, that cost too much time, because it is Gmail and that page loads too long. It is Quick Translate, but you removed the quick buttons. Is it an idea to get those buttons (drop downs) back in the next version? - You also removed the option to choose for the combination key + select, which key to use. The new version does more look like an old version! Everything is removed!
- (2015-10-21, v:2.5) M D M: It stopped working since Oktober 20.
This extension stopped working since Oktober 20. The translation popup window keeps loading and not any translation appears. I use this extension for months now and I daily use it. Could the developer check why it stopped since yesterday Oktober 20? Any broken link in the source files that needs to be updated for example?
- (2014-10-14, v:1.5) Rosangela Lima: Nao funciona
Ele descreve que traduz texto selecionado, mas nao funciona.