Press Alt+Shift+D to duplicate the current tab (Option+Shift+D on Mac). Shortcut is configurable.
There is an option to open new tabs in the background, enabling that option requires more permissions. There are additional shortcuts as well. You can configure and use all of them at the same time. - There is a shortcut to open the new tab in a new window. - There is a shortcut to pop the current tab (or multiple highlighted tabs) out to a new window. - There is a shortcut to open a blank new tab to the immediate right of the current tab (i.e. instead of all the way to the right). There is a Firefox version available as well: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/duplicate-tab-shortcut/ Source code: https://github.com/stefansundin/duplicate-tab
- (2020-07-17) The Italian: Thank you for programming such a nice addon! You should try to contact Google and let them implement this function! You are the best 5 stars for you! :)
- (2020-04-08) Linus Lau: Love it. Great for productivity. Use it on all my personal and work computers via Chrome.
- (2020-03-07) Naushad Ansari: जबरदस्त
- (2020-01-28) Jamil Vallis-Walker: A straightforward and useful app. The creation of the duplicated tab next to the current tab, rather than to the far right of the tab bar, is an added functionality bonus.
- (2020-01-23) Vishal Nishad: Perfect
- (2020-01-01) Adam Svoboda: Simple and brilliant
- (2019-12-09) Chris Murphy: Lots of configurable shortcuts. Just works, and is super easy to use. Glad it exists.
- (2019-12-03) Justin Sorensen: Dead simple, works as expected.
- (2019-11-18) Max Wunderlich: Does exactly what I need. Thank you!
- (2019-10-20) Peter Piepenburg: I'm a heavy tabber and I love it. It's usually set in other apps to Ctrl+J, but since that's for Downloads I set it to Alt+J, Ctrl+Alt+J, etc. - very useful!
- (2019-10-12) Santiago Machado: It just works! An example of perfect extension. I love it
- (2019-09-06) Wes Hunt: This is amazing. It does exactly what it said it would do! It is so very very helpful
- (2019-08-24) Sam M: Amazing work by the developer. He's knows the power user's needs inside and out and I actually use every single shortcut regularly.
- (2019-08-19) Edward Castillo: It works as advertised
- (2019-08-17) Chris Vydas: Not getting the expected result on android, opens a tab with an error messages then I have to open my history and load the desired page from there. Awesome tab duplicate button duplicates your active tab with minimal permissions such as this add-on but places it at the far right, next to the current tab would be the preferred choice but the add-on is seemingly abandoned by the creator. Please improve this extension as it has potential. As is, it's incomplete and not really useful
- (2019-07-18) Nick Cheng: Easy to change the shortcut key, I just went to the extensions page, clicked the three-line menu on the top left, clicked "keyboard shortcuts" and you can configure them there. Then I hid the button from the chrome menu and only use the keyboard shortcuts!
- (2019-05-09) Dmytro Shcherbak: Thank you for your work!
- (2019-03-17) Matthew Esposito: Amazing
- (2019-03-11) Joshua Aune: Does what chrome probably should do natively. Very fluid, works as expected.
- (2018-10-24) Sudhindra Joshi: Works as expected. thanks.
- (2018-02-09) Logan W: Works great and it doesn't require any crazy permissions. Thanks!
- (2017-12-29) 邓曲英: 可以用，useful,anwsome
- (2017-11-22) Samuel Edson: Could not be happier with it - does exactly what I want it to, even pinning the tab if I duplicate a pinned tab. Looked at the code and it's amazingly simple and doesn't use any permissions.
- (2017-07-19) Benjamin Barenblat: Works perfectly, code’s simple and clean, and requires no permissions. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
- (2017-06-07) Chad Redl: This is what Chrome extensions should be like. Does exactly what it says, doesn't require any unnecessary permissions, and is open source. Well done sir, and thank you.
- (2020-03-04, v:1.5.1) Rick: Prevent Opening Up Multiple Tabs
First off, thanks for making this extension! It's pretty awesome. The only thing I wanted to know is, is there any way to prevent it from opening up multiple duplicate tabs? It seems I sometimes hold the shortcut down too long, and that results in 2 or sometimes even 3 tabs opening. I was hoping that it would just open one tab unless I released the keys and press them down again.
- (2020-02-01, v:1.5.1) Bo von Hohenlohe: Duplicate Tab Shortcut
How do I get the Duplicate Tab Shortcut icon in the menu bar to duplicate tab?! Right now when I click on it the options pop up. Thanks.
- (2019-11-22, v:1.5.1) Marco Wettstein: can't change the keybindings on mac
i want to change the keybinding, but it seems not possible. In the dialog i can click on the shortcut, but it just leads me to the all extensions page. seem to be a bug on macos, can't tell if other os are affected
- (2019-08-12, v:1.5.0) Brian Barth: tab opens in background
when i duplicate a tab the new tab is created as the last tab in the browser window and it remains in the background, even though I have the open-tab-in-background option unchecked. I think there may be a conflict with another extension: Tab Activate: (New tabs open immediately instead of in the background.) any solution to keep duplicate tabs directly to the right of the original, and opening in the foreground?
- (2019-01-22, v:1.4.0) Michael Otto: How to activate this extn
I have this on my win7 pc and all I need to do is click the extension button and it duplicates the current tab. Now on windows 10 it only presents a box saying: [Duplicate tab shortcut: not set. Duplicate to new window shortcut: not set. Open new tabs in the background Note: Opening tabs in the background requires more permissions, and does not preserve navigation history in the new tab. You can hide this icon by right-clicking it and selecting "Hide in Chrome Menu".] Whenever I attempt to set one of the things that says "not set" it just opens the chrome extensions page. I cannot seem to get past this obstacle. Please advise michael