Press Alt+Shift+D to duplicate the current tab (Option+Shift+D on Mac). Shortcut is configurable.
There is an option to open new tabs in the background, enabling that option requires more permissions. There are additional shortcuts as well. You can configure and use all of them at the same time. - There is a shortcut to open the new tab in a new window. - There is a shortcut to pop the current tab (or multiple highlighted tabs) out to a new window. - There is a shortcut to open a blank new tab to the immediate right of the current tab (i.e. instead of all the way to the right). Firefox version: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/duplicate-tab-shortcut/ Source code: https://github.com/stefansundin/duplicate-tab
- (2022-05-13) Denis Tchaikovsky: Very useful extension. Thank you!
- (2022-04-12) Kin: So good it should be built-in!
- (2022-03-24) Zhou Dong: Good
- (2022-02-14) Lior Baber: Best productivity tool ever!
- (2022-02-10) Elvian: Love it! ❤ This extension helps me to 'duplicate' without moving the cursor into the top off the tab and right click and duplicate. just press the shortcut and you are ready to go.
- (2022-02-05) Craig van Dort: Perfect, thank you!
- (2022-01-26) Vignesh Sundaram: Get this, its a no brainer.
- (2022-01-20) גל מושקוביץ: This is not necessary!!! You can use the following combination without any extension: Alt + D + Enter Your Welcome <3
- (2022-01-09) Johan Hereora Hummerhielm: Works perfectly in like 5 seconds! Just had to set what shortcut keys should duplicate a new tab. Awesome extension! No "needs access to everything" either. Thanks maker of this extension! ❤
- (2021-12-12) Jett White: works great not sure why this isn't in vanilla Chrome
- (2021-10-28) Yash Gada: Does what it says, its good. However, for some reason, the tabs are not a perfect duplicate, with the tab's history. Only the current tab is duplicated. Unlike the native Chrome feature. Good plugin though. Found it quickly via Grepper
- (2021-10-03) Yoon Kim: Very simple yet very useful and great app. Highly recommend this extension if you need to duplicate tabs!
- (2021-09-21) Ken Gorrie: YES! Why was this not already in Chrome?
- (2021-08-21) ATA KADIRIOGLU: I am maintaining a list of developers that I will donate to when I have some funds.. editing as we speak
- (2021-08-15) Christopher Green: Does exactly what it says, and does it well.
- (2021-06-29) Matt Janssen: This is the tab management I've been wanting for years! And it doesn't ask for any permissions. 💯
- (2021-06-15) Quy Quyền Quý: Thanks for creating very cool plugin for internet users... Have a nice day! Regards!
- (2021-06-10) Fletcher: You should add in the description that you can edit the shortcut keys. It was a feature I was hoping for and was pleasantly surprised, and would have never know if I didn't snoop into the options. Thank You.
- (2021-04-20) Aron Lev: This extensions works smoothly for years now. I have numerous chrome users and this is from the first extensions I always install.
- (2021-04-20) Blynk Info: Love it.
- (2021-03-10) Nice one. Thanks
- (2021-02-25) Sebastian T F: Simple, but powerful !!!11
- (2021-02-19) Keval Langalia: this is mind boggling.. wow
- (2021-01-30) tiwtfb: It just works.
- (2020-12-01) Padmasambhava sambhava: Nice extension. Thanks and continue your great work!
- (2020-11-30) Halim Ansari: Excellent, works like charm on Mac
- (2020-11-12) misku: Simple, effective, does what it should and does it good. Kudos!
- (2020-11-06) Mathew Divine: Works just like I had envisioned. Thanks
- (2020-10-21) imzi: Ah mate! where was this for so long. What a relief having found this. Thanks Stefan!
- (2020-10-05) Ирина Грачева: Thank you! Another one Crutch for Chrome on Mac.
- (2020-08-11) Jeff Kang: I can’t see a way to open a Discord search result in a new tab. So what I do is I click and jump to the result, duplicate a tab, and go back to the results to see if I want to open/duplicate more results to separate tabs.
- (2020-07-17) The Italian: Thank you for programming such a nice addon! You should try to contact Google and let them implement this function! You are the best 5 stars for you! :)
- (2020-04-08) Linus Lau: Love it. Great for productivity. Use it on all my personal and work computers via Chrome.
- (2020-03-07) Naushad Ansari: जबरदस्त
- (2020-01-28) Jamil Vallis-Walker: A straightforward and useful app. The creation of the duplicated tab next to the current tab, rather than to the far right of the tab bar, is an added functionality bonus.
- (2020-01-23) Vishal Kumar: Perfect
- (2020-01-01) Adam Svoboda: Simple and brilliant
- (2019-12-09) Chris Murphy: Lots of configurable shortcuts. Just works, and is super easy to use. Glad it exists.
- (2019-12-03) Justin Sorensen: Dead simple, works as expected.
- (2019-11-18) Max Wunderlich: Does exactly what I need. Thank you!
- (2019-10-20) Peter Piepenburg: I'm a heavy tabber and I love it. It's usually set in other apps to Ctrl+J, but since that's for Downloads I set it to Alt+J, Ctrl+Alt+J, etc. - very useful!
- (2019-10-12) Santiago Machado: It just works! An example of perfect extension. I love it
- (2019-09-06) Wes Hunt: This is amazing. It does exactly what it said it would do! It is so very very helpful
- (2019-08-24) Sam M: Amazing work by the developer. He's knows the power user's needs inside and out and I actually use every single shortcut regularly.
- (2019-08-19) Edward Castillo: It works as advertised
- (2019-08-17) Chris Vydas: Not getting the expected result on android, opens a tab with an error messages then I have to open my history and load the desired page from there. Awesome tab duplicate button duplicates your active tab with minimal permissions such as this add-on but places it at the far right, next to the current tab would be the preferred choice but the add-on is seemingly abandoned by the creator. Please improve this extension as it has potential. As is, it's incomplete and not really useful
- (2019-07-18) Nick Cheng: Easy to change the shortcut key, I just went to the extensions page, clicked the three-line menu on the top left, clicked "keyboard shortcuts" and you can configure them there. Then I hid the button from the chrome menu and only use the keyboard shortcuts!
- (2019-05-09) Dmytro Shcherbak: Thank you for your work!
- (2019-03-17) Matthew Esposito: Amazing
- (2019-03-11) Joshua Aune: Does what chrome probably should do natively. Very fluid, works as expected.
- (2022-05-02, v:1.5.1) Winter Dragon: Chrome Permissions
As of today (5/2/22) when I use my duplicate tab I now get a pop up from chrome saying that "Duplicate Tab Shortcut" has requested additional permissions. It could: Read your browsing history. Do you know anything about this or how to make it go away? Is this a chrome thing that they are being obnoxious against extensions? No one has the time or inclination to have to say allow or deny on every blasted site they visit and might use this on. So if google is doing this to us...boooo....
- (2021-12-08, v:1.5.1) Klas Mellbourn: Stopped working in 97
The keyboard shortcut on Mac no longer does anything for me. I'm running Chrome beta version 97.0.4692.36 on an m1
- (2020-12-29, v:1.5.1) Michael Otto: What's difference between 'Activate ext'n' and 'duplicate tab'?
I want to set this so that if I click Alt-D the current tab will duplicate to the spot directly to the right of it. When I set the Activate shortcut to Alt-D, it will not let me set Duplicate Tab shortcut to Alt-D. And Alt-D does not do anything no matter which shortcut I assign it to. I had this just like I want it in a previous incarnation of this extension, but this one does not behave the same. Do I need 2 keystrokes to duplicate the tab? (1 to activate, then 2 to duplicate tab?) This would be awkward and extra keystrokes. Please explain how I can make this work for me.
- (2020-03-04, v:1.5.1) Rick: Prevent Opening Up Multiple Tabs
First off, thanks for making this extension! It's pretty awesome. The only thing I wanted to know is, is there any way to prevent it from opening up multiple duplicate tabs? It seems I sometimes hold the shortcut down too long, and that results in 2 or sometimes even 3 tabs opening. I was hoping that it would just open one tab unless I released the keys and press them down again.
- (2020-02-01, v:1.5.1) Bo von Hohenlohe: Duplicate Tab Shortcut
How do I get the Duplicate Tab Shortcut icon in the menu bar to duplicate tab?! Right now when I click on it the options pop up. Thanks.
- (2019-11-22, v:1.5.1) Marco Wettstein: can't change the keybindings on mac
i want to change the keybinding, but it seems not possible. In the dialog i can click on the shortcut, but it just leads me to the all extensions page. seem to be a bug on macos, can't tell if other os are affected
- (2019-08-12, v:1.5.0) Brian Barth: tab opens in background
when i duplicate a tab the new tab is created as the last tab in the browser window and it remains in the background, even though I have the open-tab-in-background option unchecked. I think there may be a conflict with another extension: Tab Activate: (New tabs open immediately instead of in the background.) any solution to keep duplicate tabs directly to the right of the original, and opening in the foreground?
- (2019-01-22, v:1.4.0) Michael Otto: How to activate this extn
I have this on my win7 pc and all I need to do is click the extension button and it duplicates the current tab. Now on windows 10 it only presents a box saying: [Duplicate tab shortcut: not set. Duplicate to new window shortcut: not set. Open new tabs in the background Note: Opening tabs in the background requires more permissions, and does not preserve navigation history in the new tab. You can hide this icon by right-clicking it and selecting "Hide in Chrome Menu".] Whenever I attempt to set one of the things that says "not set" it just opens the chrome extensions page. I cannot seem to get past this obstacle. Please advise michael