Download media content from Ancestry.
Ancestry.com has never created a good system to back up the data that is on their site. The only option people have is to download the GEDCOM file, which is often a mere fraction of the data they have invested in the site. This extension allows you to screen scrape your media files in an automated fashion. You should clear all files out of your default downloads folder before using this extension so you know that all downloaded files belong to Ancestry. This extension does not work on MACs due to the way MACs handle clicking the middle mouse button. Follow the support site if you wish to assist in finding a solution to this problem. Change History: v 0.12 first package v 0.122 attempt to allow .co.uk v 0.123 attempt 2 to allow .co.uk and add support for .ca v 0.130 fix after Ancestry re-designed their image hosting. v 0.131 add support for .com.au v 0.132 fix restart bug, fix missing downloads bug v 0.134 first attempt at fixing Mac bug
- (2019-12-15) Stacey Mitchell: I have thousands of photos and have to hit save for every photo. It does save time from having to click on each one and save it. I couldn't figure out how to stop part way through to come back later and finish it without shutting Chrome down. Overall, I recommend it.
- (2019-08-09) Guy Jeffries: Worked first time, 200+ pictures all downloaded at full resolution in about 10 minutes or so. Excellent.
- (2019-07-27) Nathan Nadler-Nir: Exactly what I've been looking for - thank you so, so, so much
- (2019-07-07) Karen Foster: Thank you, this worked like a charm and saved me hours!
- (2019-07-05) J S: This extension worked for me on Chrome (on MXLinux). All of my Ancestry account's media has successfully been downloaded to my computer. You've saved me from a whole lot of mouse work. THANK YOU!!!
- (2019-02-20) Roberta Woods: Didn't work for me.
- (2018-06-21) Michael O'Brien: Didn't work for me
- (2017-11-05, v:0.124) David Gibbon: Ancestry Media Download
Clicking on Download Media doesn't do anything