Much needed interface improvements for Jira
Ever wished that large Kanban boards could not be squished? Now you can set your own custom Column width for all of your cards on all of your boards. And what about that "Detail View"? Wouldn't it be cool if you could resize it to whatever size you wanted it to be with a simple drag of your mouse? Now you can! “Better JIRA” unlocks your productivity, getting the software out of your way and into the background where it belongs! Also including "Standup Mode" that removes all of the clutter to keep your Standups focused and to the point! Features: * Horizontal Scroll of Kanban boards * Resizable Cards on Kanban boards * Resizable Detail View (removed, this is now a default feature in JIRA) * Open Github Links in a new tab * Standup Mode that clears out the clutter of side navigations **Note**: Access to all sites is requested to allow this plugin to work on JIRA instances that are not hosted by Atlassian, this extension only runs on JIRA instances. |------------------ | Updates |------------------ 8/2/2020 * Update the resizing to work better with the new React components in JIRA. 12/3/2019 * Remove Detail View Resizing, it's now a default feature in JIRA. 5/7/2019 * Fix a bug with a conflict in the JIRA admin 1/2/2019 * Open *all* Github URLs in a new window * Fix Create Pull Request Github link to compare selected branch against master by default 12/18/2018 * Open Github URLs in a new window * Fix Standup Close button not working after a column resize * Fix Standup Close Button not displaying correctly in Firefox 12/17/2018 * Improve Startup Speed * Add Config Page Column Resizing * Add "Close Standup Button" * Remove strangely styled "Done" Column, this was a feature that was never finished * Remove `keydown` listening during Standup Mode (this was intended to make walking the board easier) 6/11/2018 * Set up to work for *any* URL, not just atlassian.net * Fix column resizing when using the left navigation to browse to different boards 10/19/2017 * Remove event listener when Standup is off * Remove Standup Instructions from the page when Standup is off 10/18/2017 * Added Filter Bar back into Standup Mode (it makes a lot of difference in the "New JIRA Experience" * Improved load time and tightened up the code * Fixed a bug where Standup Mode could not be toggled 10/12/2017 * Public release!! Better JIRA is now available through the Chrome Web Store! * Removed visual styles (borders) for resizing the Detail View * This was a tough decision because I like to call out that resizing is now possible, but it is better to make the resizing “entirely seamless” than to have a border displaying and hiding every time that you hover of the detail view. 10/10/2017 * Bugfix to allow Resizable Detail View on Retina Screens 10/9/2017 * [beta] Add support for Resizable Detail View (in New JIRA Experience also) 10/9/2017 * Make Detail View width percentage based 10/7/2017 * Style Popup (working on branding) * The "Quick Load" functionality will now respect “enabled/disabled” * Add the ability to close the popup with an "x" * Set Enable/Disable as a 1-click event, as opposed to submitting the form * Add support for the "New JIRA Experience" 9/22/2017 * Added the ability to "walk" the columns using Shift + ←/→ * Made the load time faster if you have loaded the same page already * Made the Enable/Disable function work for all styles 🎉 9/21/2017 * All new Standup Mode removes all of the clutter for more focused Standups * Fixed a JIRA bug where when scrolling vertically, the column headers would overlap the left sidebar
- (2020-11-10) Brian Janiszewski: Works great, sadly I'm not allowed to use Chrome at work.... Can't believe Atlassian doesn't already have a fix for this.
- (2020-02-10) Andrew Cawood: Made viewing boards with many columns MUCH better. One bug: The Close Standup Mode button only works if you don't click on anything else before clicking the button. If you click anywhere in the view or on a card and then close it, clicking the button does nothing.
- (2019-08-07) Alis Blomberg: I like the idea on this one. It doesn't work that well with the latest JIRA cloud UI if you refresh the backlog view to make it update the first time you turn it on from there on an open tab, though. On the backlog view: Enable just turns it on. Resize tweaks the width of the right sidebar, though there are limits to max size. Scrum view hides the sidebar and all of the filters, people, etc. at the top. On the board view: Enable just turns it on. Resize tweaks the individual column widths, not just the right sidebar, so that's a bust for me. Scrum view hides the sidebar and all of the filters, people, etc. at the top.
- (2019-03-22) On the new JIRA only standup mode works.
- (2019-01-16) Joey Figaro: Doesn't work for older instances of self-hosted Jira.
- (2019-01-03) Best JIRA extension out there!
- (2018-10-08) Netean: Idea is great, but sadly doesn't resize the column headers on any browser I've used it with. The headers stay static and this causes a bit of confusion if you're scrolling to other columns as the headings no longer line up. When zooming in with the browser, Standup mode just causes the column header to jump into the middle of the screen and is unmoveable. Ability to remove the header and resize the columns is great and as long you don't zoom beyond 110 in Chrome or 140% in Firefox it works fine. Also seems to work fine with other Jira improvement extensions
- (2018-07-26) Ben R: Super useful!
- (2018-07-09) Jesse Orloff: Much easier to read cards now!
- (2018-04-17) Rick Peyton: Love standup mode!
- (2017-11-02) John Funk: Super Helpful!!
- (2017-10-16) Ethan Dowler: If you're using Jira without this add on, you're not using Jira correctly. Very helpful!
- (2017-10-12) Greg Thoman: Great, simple modifications for use in standups. Love it
- (2017-10-12) Alex MacArthur: Atlassian should buy this extension for a disturbing amount of money and pull every feature into Jira core. Gr8 extension.
- (2017-09-20) A Nagoo: sick