One-click romanize/transliterate Russian/Cyrillic pages, view easily in Latin alphabet. Memorize new words/correct Russian spelling.
BRIDGE to CYRILLIC, EXPLORE THE RUSSIAN WEB IN A SINGLE CLICK!!! Use with MYVOCABU to get translations and audio Go to any CYRILLIC/RUSSIAN site CLICK ICON TOP RIGHT to convert/transliterate to ROMAN/LATIN text to translate cyrillic words on page use: MYVOCABU extension CLEAR 1:1 map a а b б v в g г d д e е ó ё w ж z з i и j й k к l л m м n н o о p п r р c с t т y у f ф x х ç ц h ч s ш ý щ · ъ u ы ' ь é э ú ю q я THE MAP IS OPTIMIZED TO MINIMIZE CONSONANT CLUTTER, IDEAL FOR LEARNERS AND RAPID INPUT, and as a stepping stone to learning the Cyrillic alphabet, for example c = cyrillic C and y = cyrillic Y. http://RUSSIANEASY.NET http://www.dailymotion.com/user/rus1net/1 on FIREFOX, RUSSIANEASY typing (IME), and stressed cyrillic accents also work with this plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/transliterator/ (see http://russianeasy.net/?page_id=71 for instructions) being univocal means one cyrillic for one latin letter, resulting in an unambiguous, fully reversible or bi-directional map
- (2021-10-18) Brett Schneider: I could really use something like RUSSIANEASY but currently it's too unreliable and it randomly duplicates text on converted pages
- (2017-07-13) yarpen26: Clearly unfinished product. Quite a few letters are rendered as wrong ones (such as "я" turns miraculously into "q" or "ж" into "w"). All of these happen consistently though so why the author failed to introduce any patch is beyond me.
- (2016-05-04) Ján Dugáček: Did what it was supposed to do, but it was buggy, sometimes changing the letters really weirdly.
- (2015-05-11) Artur Torchyan: Ne ponyal kak rabotaet
- (2015-04-17, v:1.41) Garth Oates: English to Cyrillic
Hi, I'd like to practice my Cyrillic by reading English websites in the Cyrillic alphabet, this would be a great addition to this extension!