Adds an embedded player within Gmail™ messages containing voicemail audio files in the WAV format (e.g. Vonage™ voicemails).
October 2 2013: New Release! Version 1.8.2 *UPDATE* Latest release attempts to fix reported issues of player not appearing. Please verify if this works for you! This extension will insert an html <audio> tag if the email contains a .wav file attachment so that you can play the message inline, without having to download it. This extension works great if you get your voicemail messages emailed to you in WAV format. *NOTE* GSM encoded WAV files are not supported by Google Chrome browser. If you are seeing the audio player, but it is "grayed" out or has a time of 0:00, then you are most likely running into this issue. Works with: Chromium 11.0.676.0 (75353) Ubuntu 10.04 Chrome 9.0.597.98 Windows XP Chrome 11.0.672.2 dev Mac OS X Gmail is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. # Updates 1.8.2 - October 2, 2013 * Fixes player not appearing in Google Chrome on Mac / Windows 1.8.1 - September 30, 2013 * Fixes player not appearing in Google Chrome on Ubuntu
- (2019-10-23) John Herman: It doesn't work and Google needs to take down this site as it is obviously bogus.
- (2019-09-05) Char Thumser: Doesn't work, remove it!
- (2019-05-30) Donald Newlands: Stopped working :(
- (2019-04-11) Jeff Schofield: didn't work. maybe its because the email has the wav as an attachment, but this wouldn't work.
- (2018-10-27) Daniel Bedard: Doesn't work at all :(
- (2018-04-16) Kjell Petridis: Doesn't work.
- (2018-03-05) Josh Barber: On a Mac - the extension does not work as described. Still unable to play WAV files in Gmail. Not sure why this extension is still available.
- (2017-12-29) Myllena Bermudez: não funciona.
- (2017-10-17) Gary Barr: Doesn't work in any form or fashion... Tried for an hour to get it to work. Done.
- (2017-09-18) Does not work
- (2017-09-14) Danzing Watson: As others have pointed out, this doesn't work.
- (2017-09-13) Дмитрий Филиппов: не работает
- (2017-09-07) Matt Crandall: Would liked to have loved it, but as many others have reported, it simply didn't work for me and attached wav files in gmail.
- (2017-06-13) Erik Laurence: There's just one tiny little problem with this app: it doesn't work.
- (2017-05-12) Zane Abedin: Has never worked
- (2017-05-08) Frank Blum: doesn't work -please fix or remove - junk
- (2017-04-11) Aldo Trejo: Does not work.
- (2017-03-13) Zofia Klag: Does not work at all.
- (2017-01-18) Maarten Freriks: does not work
- (2016-11-28) Anibal Jodorcovsky: Doesn't work at all. I have tried it with two different WAV files coming from different systems (CallCentric and MajicJack) both gave nothing, as if the extension is not even there. Too bad.
- (2016-11-15) Adam Dickinson: Does nothing
- (2016-10-05) Jesper E. Siig: Did not play the Wav attachment
- (2016-07-12) Den Pikey: don't get... doesn't work
- (2016-06-24) Pamela Bille: Boo! Doesn't work on Windows
- (2016-04-13) Chris Dodson: Crap, doesn't work.
- (2019-11-13, v:1.8.2) מנחם ברגמן: הודעות wav
התקנתי את התוסף ולא עובד...
- (2019-09-04, v:1.8.2) Brad Logan: Simply Does Not Work
My voicemails come as .wav. I downloaded this extension with hopes of not having to download every single voicemail just to listen to it. The . wav player button is on my Chrome bar, but I still have to download any .wav to listen. Am I missing a step? Nothing I've tried makes this work. Any help to make this work?
- (2018-10-30, v:1.8.2) Hector Cisneros: Not working
Not working at all. use to work well. It looks greyed out but when you click on it it says it active.
- (2018-09-19, v:1.8.2) Josh Behunin: Gmail wavs not working
I cant get attached wavs to play in gmail at all.
- (2018-05-04, v:1.8.2) Dominic Hearne: Does not work with new version of Google Mail
WAV player for Gmail installed just does not operate with new GMail. Running Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-02-16, v:1.8.2) Tina Higgins: Did not work
Even after a reinstall and restart, no go for playing .wav files in gmail for me.
- (2018-02-06, v:1.8.2) James Hargrove: Player doesn't show up
The player doesn't show up at all.
- (2018-01-24, v:1.8.2) Voice mail file problem
Error message: "There was a problem playing this audio file". The file is encoded with Microsoft GSM Audio (agsm). The file has to be downloaded to play. When it is done, the file is properly played back with VLC player.
- (2017-11-27, v:1.8.2) Scott McDonald: Doesn't work
I'm guessing it's because it hasn't been updated in years. It does not work at all with the current version of Chrome.
- (2017-10-30, v:1.8.2) doesnt work
it doesn't work at all!! :\ fu