Yet another text formatting extension, because the others I tried didn't seem to work satisfactory.
This extension allows you to format text in online rich text editors, such as Gmail and TinyMCE. The formatting is achieved using some simple syntax followed by a keyboard shortcut. This extension has two use cases: 1) You want to keep your fingers at the keyboard while formatting your text (instead of reaching for your mouse and clicking on buttons). 2) You want to use a formatting for which the rich text editor does not offer a button (try typing strike trough in gmail). Usage: The formatting is achieved by pressing <ctrl>+<space> after typing a certain trigger character. For instance: -hello-<ctrl>+<space> will make the hello appear in strikethrough. There is a popup cheat sheet with all formatting options when you click the extensions icon in the chrome toolbar. Note: It is not a goal for this extension to make it work for every rich text editor out there. It is currently only extensively tested in gmail.  - https://mail.google.com  - http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/full.php
- (2013-09-18) Chris Lozeau: Could have been a great strike-through feature for Gmail, however it unfortunately only works with one word. You can't do it for a whole sentence.
- (2013-09-17) Hillary Benefiel: Only works sometimes. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it will or won't work. I only use it because it's one of the only apps that allows me to do strikethrough. Very frustrating.
- (2013-05-09) Bill Thompson: Can't get this to work on a Mac. -word- + Control + Space = nothing.
- (2013-05-06) Victor Schappert: Does exactly what I need. Easy to use interface. Nice.
- (2013-04-09) mingk Chung: This is a simple but working solution to strikethrough text in gmail. However, can you let user define the activation keys (instead of ctrl +space)?
- (2013-02-20) Alan M.: This extension is great. I agree with the two previous reviews. It's exactly what I needed and it works like a charm.
- (2013-02-14) Olivier Martineau: Exactly what I needed for Gmail. Works like it says. Nice.
- (2013-01-06) Martijn Brekhof: Works like a charm.
- (2016-05-18, v:1.0.9) Doesn't work in chrome on Win10
Doesn't do anything at all.
- (2014-04-13, v:1.0.9) George Banis: Doesn't work on Chromebooks / Chrome OS
It's not possible to use the binding "ctrl"+"space" on Chrome OS because it is already set to change the language and there is no way to unbind this combination. Any chance I/you could edit the "ctrl"+"space" to "alt"+"space" or to allow for a custom binding? That would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
3.1 (10 votes)
Last update / version
2013-01-06 / 1.0.9