Prevents the blocking of copying from & pasting into input fields
Extension that prevents the blocking of copying from & pasting into input fields. Version 2 is a major update to the extension. It makes it much easier to ensure the extension is only running on sites that are bad actors with copy & paste events and it also provides visibility into the active/inactive state of the extension for each tab. In order to provide the smoothest experience as possible, the extension needs to know when you change active tabs. In order for the extension to know about that event, it needs the "tabs" permission, which Chrome describes as "can read and change all your data on websites you visit." That description is very scary, and is certainly not what this extension is doing. Being an open-sourced project, you can always read all the code to see how this extension works, and what it's [not] doing with your data.
- (2019-12-30) Ramon Luque: It's a life saver!!!!!
- (2019-12-20) Igor Sluge: Doesn't work at all at https://admgor.nnov.ru/reception/reception-form
- (2019-12-14) Anon Ymous: Sorry for the rating I'm just reporting a bug. When I click 'view full transcript' and try to copy and paste something about the trickery of staying on the same domain and yet going to a seperate page must trip up this extension cause I can't right click on that page.
- (2019-12-11) Simon Erlich: Works as expected but it would be really great if could allow chrome to save/remember the login/pass ;)
- (2019-12-05) Kelly Kane: A+ Fixes chrome bug.
- (2019-12-05) Brian Finley: Does exactly what I wanted. :-) Note -- after enabling and adding URLs, I had to log out, then back in to the site that was blocking paste before it worked.
- (2019-11-30) Nick Ryan: Doesn't work on www.dmv.ca.gov. Icon is blue and claims it's enabled but paste is blocked when entering banking information. Useless.
- (2019-11-27) Malhar Creations: good good good
- (2019-11-18) Switch Mobility Pvt. Ltd.: Just works! Remember to refresh the page.
- (2019-10-25) Anthony Howard: It did not work. i even installed chrome just to be able use this extension.Since it does not work, uninstalling chrome.
- (2019-10-21) Sam Sri Lanka: Does what it says. Have to refresh the page though, after installing to Chrome. But I LOVE IT!
- (2019-10-07) Steve Kehlet: Thanks, worked great.
- (2019-10-01) Google User: doesn't work. for example, if you want to find out sports game results by typing into google, the google sports page that pops up still won't let you copy/select text.. thought this extension would work.. nope. found one that does though.. called Select Like A Boss in chrome store
- (2019-09-28) Marc Lemieux: Doesn't work on Air Canada login
- (2019-09-17) Cyborg Basumatary: Hey buddy, Doesn't work at the one site I download it for. I didn't check at any other link. Coz I don't want it work at other site. Just this one: "https://www.thefinalnrc.com/FinalListNRC/Draft.htm"
- (2019-09-14) Tom Gromak: Awesome! Due to some suspicious activity, I was changing passwords on several credit accounts, but Chrome was preventing me from pasting in 1Password-generated passwords, insisting instead on inserting its own passwords (which, of course, I can't copy and put into 1Password). Installed this extension, added my entry, and pasted on the first try. Thanks for this! Much appreciated.
- (2019-08-23) Richard Dunne: Worked first time for me. Since switching to a dedicated password manager, it's irritating to not be able to paste my 32 digit (alpha, numeric, symbols) generated password(s). Thanks to the developer for creating this one!
- (2019-08-16) Brian Ferch: Thank god
- (2019-07-19) Chuck Bartles: Awesome!
- (2019-07-16) David Hanson: Marvellous!
- (2019-07-16) Don Ramm: It doesn't work on California DMV website under Chrome. I does work with California DMV website with Firefox. I had to try several times under Firefox. Kept getting a popup that said that function was allowed or something like that. After about 3 times there was an extra message that asked if I didn't want to get those warnings any more. I indicated I didn't and tried again and paste works. Went back to Chrome and tried a dozen times and got the "Sorry, this functionality is disabled." message over and over. I did have the pattern added and the icon was blue up at top of the window.
- (2019-06-10) Georgia Patriot: Works great on annoying bank sites that won't let me paste in my very complex generated passwords. For example, stuff like this is really a pain to type in: gD55KkvfFi&5YBdKD2
- (2019-05-26) Justin R R Cooke: Doesn't work anymore on site I am visiting. Old version worked fine.
- (2019-05-19) The Mask of Nobody: Doesn't work on the site that won't allow copy and paste.
- (2019-05-06) Andrew Koransky: Worked great for me on the Amtrak.com website.