Adds a toolbar button to save the current page to Pocket, without requiring the "all data" or "all websites" permissions.
I think Pocket is great, but I don't like how their Chrome extension requires so many permissions. (It even makes use of those permissions to e.g. modify the Hacker News page. I appreciate this can be turned off via their settings but I'd prefer it didn't even have the capability.) This extension is the minimal code to auth into Pocket and save URLs into it. Read the source here: https://github.com/martine/pocket-mini For more features, use the official Pocket extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-to-pocket/niloccemoadcdkdjlinkgdfekeahmflj
- (2021-01-25) S J: Great extension.
- (2018-05-01) Shahed Faisal: Doesn't work most of the time.
- (2017-02-18) Anthony Hepple: Love it for the concept alone. Now all a need is an Android app that provides just the 'save to' Pocket functionality without the downloading/reading functionality (I read using an e-reader.)
- (2016-03-28) Peter Diao: I uninstall the official pocket extension after trying the mini one. The official one is really annoying. A popup box is shown after each saving. Each time I have to click the "x" to dismiss it otherwise it keep blocking a part of the webpage for a few second. Really annoying!
- (2015-09-10) John Rockefeller: I uninstalled the official Pocket app once they began requiring cross-domain cookies. I missed Pocket but it wasn't worth being tracked across the web. Now, with this extension, I can use Pocket again!
- (2015-08-29) Taylor Marshall: Nice to be able to easily save things to pocket without granting access to all of my data.
- (2014-11-21) Benjamin Hansen: Thanks for making this! I appreciate getting 99% of the functionality without having to give them 100% access to all of my browsing.