This extension helps you to download multiple files from archive.org collections
If you like the archive.org internet library and you have ever tried to download hunderts of books or magazines one by one, you know what I mean. Why not to download your favorite files with a few clicks? That's why you should install this extension. Features: * Scan for download links on search results page or collection page * Show stats about available file types * Get list of links to import by external download managers * Download selected files using chrome downloader How to use: After install the downloader icon is gray. Go to archive.org collection page eg https://archive.org/details/ares_magazine - now the icon is green, click on it to scan for possible files. When scan is completed select required extension eg. pdf and you will see related resources ready to download. You can get only txt files with a list of download links (to import in your favorite downloader) or you can choose "start download" to use chrome download manager. Please share your feedback using the help page
- (2019-07-11) 1 1: Nagyon jó
- (2019-07-11) Boris Piwowarsky: Does not download bigger collections and seems to be limited to a max of 750 items. The rest of a bigger collection will just be missing.
- (2019-05-06) ITF Individual Tuning: works not
- (2019-04-25) William Mize: This is a ridiculously helpful plug in; absolutely love it, but it's unforgiving and difficult to maneuver if, like me, you happen to close your window during the mass downloading. The plug-in thinks that you haven't downloaded anything and wants you to start the whole process over again. It would be very handy if the developer would enable bulk unchecking and the ability to notice duplicates or already downloaded files in the destination folder. Somehow just make it easier to use if you're clumsy like me. Thank you for a great extension!
- (2019-04-12) Rick McQuay: Does exactly what it is supposed to do. Rare these days.
- (2019-04-09) Bernhard Alber: i mean it works
- (2019-04-04) Андрей Перевёрткин: Can't download collections which are just a big bunch of eg. .zip files. Useless.
- (2019-03-23) Alexa Tilbrook: Heck yeah. I love it that you can also get an input file for CLI (command line interface) downloaders like good ol' GNU WGET, instead of using Chrome's download manager (and since I have it set to "ask where to save each file" in chrome://settings, for 700+ files, that can be a pain to click "save" 700+ times)... now I can download collections of old TRS-80 manuals. I so wanna buy the dev a beer for an ingenious solution, cuz the instructions on how to obtain such a list on the Internet Archive blog is so confusing at best.
- (2019-03-10) Stuart McLean: Really good extension, performs flawlessly and does exactly what it says it will. Indispensable addition for easily downloading a few magazines to read offline when on holiday.
- (2019-01-30) Alan Williamson: This is a wonderful extension that does what it claims to do. Works flawlessly and I have snagged a few collections of my childhood for offline reading.
- (2018-08-30) Дмитрий Иванов: Не работает
- (2020-08-08, v:1.0.4) keram: It doesn't work
The icon doesn't change to green and there is nothing happening. How to make it work? Installed on Chrome Version 84.0.4147.105
- (2020-07-26, v:1.0.4) Michael Levin: It seems to be limited to 500 items?
Hello, it works fine but under File Formats, it says checking ... out of 500 links. Is 500 a hard limit - I know the Archive has more files matching my description on the page. How can I get it to get all the search results?
- (2019-04-01, v:1.0.4) Margaret Jessup: Verification of downloads
Hi, I am downloading my entire collection from the IA: https://archive.org/details/smithcollege%26tab=about&tab=collection Is there any way to verify that I am getting all the files in my download? Either via checksums or a file count per item? Thanks.
- (2018-08-03, v:1.0.4) ACOB ACastleofBooks: only low quality versions downloaded
If I go to the page, I can download a much higher quality version than when I use the downloader. Is there a setting I'm missing?