Improve Gmail's new look and remove futile white spaces with keyboard shortcuts (make sure display density is set to compact)
Full history details @ http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/117234 This script is perfect for laptops and small sized screens! FEATURES · Remove all ads and feedback · Fast access to Google+ · Hide annoying yellow notifications · Adjust attachment position · Display labels as folder name · Align labels to right side · Minimize labels and hover to expand · Minimize chat windows when opening emails or composes · Minimize compose drafts when opening emails or composes · Normalize email contents · Hide Google maps info within emails · Hide reply or forward section · Hide unread labels count · Hide 'not starred' icons · Hide footer section · Show unread message count on favicon · Sound notification and do not disturb mode · Toggle favicon when new chat messages are received · Use shortcut key to hide Navigation Bar · Use shortcut key to hide Search Bar · Use shortcut key to hide People Widget · Use shortcut key to hide Left Panel Gmail Compact has already been featured on Lifehacker back in its debut. Google has committed a new style and look for Gmail on November 1st, 2011. Do you feel like the compact look is incomplete? This extension improves and completes the look and field of the compact view. Tired of seeing the top black bar and annoying ads? Let this script be your best friend and hide that banner and those ads. Enjoy!
- (2019-04-25) Steven Zhang: This extension hasn't been updated in 4 years. Biggest dealbreaker for me: it disables the undo feature in the new Gmail.
- (2019-01-31) SONY CHEN: This was a great add for Gmail
- (2017-02-13) Alan Eddie: Hi there this is great bar one thing... there is an annoying jingle sound in the background for a "new mail"...  ok found that there are settings to turn this off. I would suggest off to start with for new users. Also maybe a clearer indication of how to get to settings ? "\" key on keyboard for anyone who missed it.
- (2017-01-28) Austin Tran: This is exactly what I needed. Does everything I wanted, including hiding left column, hiding unstarred symbols, moving attachment symbol, and more. Only gripe is that it, as of 1/2017, changes the default font Gmail uses.
- (2016-11-09) Mike F.: Permite esconder practicamente todo lo que distrae y mostrar unicamente el correo, también da la opción de auto esconder mensajes cuando quieres leer un correo y notificar con un sonido cuando lleguen nuevos mails Excelente, justo lo que necesitaba
- (2016-11-03) David Babel: Not compatible with Boomerang. :(
- (2015-09-04) Jerzy Potocki: This is one of my favourite extensions in Chrome, making my Gmail account look much more reasonable than standard - saving a lot of screen space. Thank you Albert!
- (2014-10-19) Petr Doležal: It is exactly what I needed. The uncollapsable left panel was really annoying.
- (2014-04-30) nicholas flann: Currently it is eliminating my search box at the top of my gmail page
- (2014-03-30) Alec Foster: Must have! I tried all Gmail improvements extensions and this is the best. Love the app, but my multiple inboxes overlap with each other when I set them to the right of my inbox. Otherwise, fantastic app.
- (2014-03-21) Misha Mazor: On certain ZOOM sizes, the entire gmail interface disappears.
- (2014-03-05) Yederith Loner: I really liked it, it does lots of things I want Gmail to do. But other I don't need and I can't disable. One problem I found is that I can't attach files anymore. I click the attach button and it does nothing :( I don't know if someone else have this poblem too. I hope you an fix that soon, because beside the features I don't need... I really like this plugin.
- (2014-03-03) Erik Komanec: Finally works great, thank you. :)
- (2014-02-27) Ne fonctionne pas du tout sous Mac OS X, alors que l'extension est parfaite sous Windows. Comme tout est synchronisé, extension directement à la poubelle.
- (2013-12-09) Ryan MacLean: Really not a fan of all of the permissions requests. Do you really now need access to my browsing history? Uninstalled.
- (2013-12-03) Anders Lyman: Nice job. The only thing I wish it would do is move the search box down by the compose button - I end up hitting "h" a lot.
- (2013-09-10) Momo Mono: Lifesaver on this small netbook that I am using. Thank u!
- (2013-08-01) Or Schiro: Useful on small screens to get the most out of Gmail and increase your productivity by focusing on the essential things.
- (2013-04-30) Altay Hunter: Excellent! I just wish it didn't cause an irritating flicker due to resizing every time I re-open Gmail.
- (2013-03-03) Josh Kolb: perfect. glad it's been resurrected
- (2013-02-17) Rick Shin: This is one of the best piece of Chrome extension I've ever used! What difference it makes.
- (2018-08-08, v:3.2.11) Csaba Kertész: Upcoming GMail version
I just got the notification about the upcoming GMail version and this extension does not work anymore to hide the header with key "h". Please update the extension. Please share a PayPal donation address to send you money.
- (2018-05-09, v:3.2.11) ChaCha Fance: Not working anymore?
I am using the new Gmail update and I can't find the settings menu. So, I can't do anything with it.
- (2018-04-15, v:3.2.11) Bryce Nesbitt: What is the hotkey?
What hotkey activates the compact view? It's not documented in the summary.
- (2017-08-10, v:3.2.11) Tony Buttafuoco: where are the settings
The new mail sound is driving me crazy. Where are the settings for this extension so I can turn it off? There's a review saying you can do it but not where it is.
- (2017-02-19, v:3.2.11) Label Column
I like to combine this one with the function to recize the label column
- (2016-11-30, v:3.2.11) Nick Axel: Stuck on Loading Gmail Compact...
As of a few days ago my Gmail won't load! Well, it loads, but I can't click on anything or scroll or whatever. At the top hovers "Loading Gmail Compact..." that never goes away………………………………
- (2015-11-17, v:3.2.11) Edwin Shum: Conflict with "Streak"
Love the extension and thanks for the effort in making our life much easier! Thing works fine when using alone, however when Gmail Compact is to be used altogether with another extension "Streak for Chrome", the compose button won't works when Left panel is hidden. (no new message area appear). Thanks for your help!
- (2015-09-07, v:3.2.11) Joel Östblom: Doesn't always work with "Undo Send"
This is a great extension but sometimes it blocks the yellow "Undo Send" pop up from showing. This happens sporadically, sometimes it is showing and sometimes it is not. Is it possible to look into this and make sure it is showing more consistently?
- (2015-09-04, v:3.2.11) Jerzy Potocki: Saving preferences across computers?
Albert, it would be great to be have the same preferences set across multiple computers (when logged to Chrome with my account). Can you please consider making it? Jerzy
- (2014-03-30, v:3.2.10) Alec Foster: Overlapping inboxes
Love the app, HOWEVER, if you use multiple inboxes and have them to the right of your inbox, THEY OBSCURE EACH OTHER. I had to move them below my inbox, which is not my preference. Developer, please fix this if possible. You can trigger it in settings --> multiple inboxes, then add a few different queries and set the settings to the right of inbox. happens both on chromebook and mac.