Word Count Tool counts the number of words and characters in the selected text
Word Count Tool is a useful tool that counts the number of words and characters in the selected text. Just select the text and right click to invoke the context menu "Word Count Tool". The web version of this extension is also available at: http://wordcounttools.com
- (2020-04-14) Emily Shwake: Doesn't work
- (2020-02-28) Сергей Ситис: Расширение более не работает
- (2020-02-05) Ronald Harvey: Used to work FLAWLESSLY - but recently you now have to right click TWICE to get the word count details.
- (2019-07-22) G Chris: 为弹出到充满广告的网站上统计字数的
- (2019-06-11) Phil Roggenbuck: Does work sometimes. But sometimes just no message appears.
- (2019-06-06) xbeta Zhang: 想用来统计WorkFlowy字数，发现可以在条目内统计，但不能跨条目统计。跨条目选择内容时，不会弹出对应菜单项。
- (2019-01-07) Arif Billah: It used to be good before. Lately it does nothing at first try. I have to click the context menu again every time. Removed it.
- (2018-09-14) Md. Ariful Islam: Fully sucks. Not working properly and not user friendly. I think need to remove from chrome web store.
- (2018-09-07) No longer works as of the latest chrome update (69.0.3497.81)
- (2018-09-06) Hi team, each time I clicked the right mouse, it just doesn't work, nothing will pops up, how to solve it?
- (2018-08-29) Gino T.: works great!
- (2018-08-27) Chau Nguyen: Right click word count function not working :| Web version works well.
- (2018-06-15) Rob Haughey: Works flawless, right-click (context) menu is super useful feature.
- (2018-03-07) Panagiotis Siomos: very usefull
- (2017-09-28) Steffen Schuldenzucker: Isn't reliable for me. Sometimes does nothing.
- (2017-07-07) Smae_Yams: You can't use it on google docs or anything, so you will have to copy paste it every time when you want to know how many words you wrote... So yeah I hate it.
- (2017-06-20) Maseyo Felix: 对中文支持
- (2017-05-31) Gianfranco Maggi: Buona, ma ogni tanto crasha, magari il problema è di Chrome. Quando faccio click col tasto destro sul testo non succede nulla
- (2017-03-24) Roman Dobronovsky: Easy to use, just gets job done.
- (2017-02-02) Betsy Ogden: copy and paste takes too much time
- (2016-11-28) Артём Роск: Расширение неправильно считает русский текст или вообще не считает. Английский - правильно. А для русского текста приложение совершенно бесполезно. Помнится, было расширение Character Count Tool от этого же разработчика, которое все правильно считало на любом языке, но теперь его нет. Осталось только это говно.
- (2016-10-28) Chad Blenkin: I just want the word count on a web page. If I have to copy and paste it into a website it is of no value to me. I can do that with word.
- (2016-10-18) Billie Boyd: Cool features but the app has unreliable copy/paste functionality in the text entry box on the main page. Too many features!
- (2016-10-17) Right Click and choose word count! Worked easy and fine for me. Thanks!
- (2016-10-06) Andrew Hall: Works fine for me, would recommend, no issues once I restarted Chrome. Whenever I highlight something, it shows the amount of characters in a box in the top right corner of the window, which is exactly what I need.
- (2016-04-15, v:2.2.3) Blake Wayment: Issues with Google Docs
The Word Count tool does not function inside of Google Docs. When I select text and then right click, the option does not come up. Please fix this. I use this extension exclusively to find out how many words are in my papers for my university classes. Without functionality in Google Docs, this extension is useless to me.
- (2016-02-11, v:2.2.2) Kim Wilcox: Word count not appearing
I have installed the Word Count Tool on both Firefox 43.0.4 and Chrome 48.0.2564.109 m (64-bit), on Windows 7. The tool works beautifully on FF, but the word count window doesn't come up in Chrome. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but I still get nothing when I right-click and choose the tool. Any help would be appreciated.
- (2015-11-12, v:2.1.1) Peggy Bodde: Ext not working: disregard!
Printed instructions were to right click, but I experimented - control / right click solved the problem.
- (2015-11-12, v:2.1.1) Peggy Bodde: Extension not working
Trying to use the extension in Chrome: extension shows as added but when I select text and right click - no results. Using a Mac (10.9.5). Removed the extension and added it back and still can't activate. Thank you for your help!
- (2015-10-22, v:2.1.1) Zhanna Luchezarova: Extansion buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Word & Character Count Tool" for a very good price. Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2015-07-17, v:2.1.1) Coco Stub: Right click- display "Count WITH Spaces"
Is there any way I can get the "Word Count WITH Spaces" to pop up when I highlight my text and right click it?
- (2015-04-05, v:2.1.1) Никита Кирюхин: Pretty good but annoying
Your extension is good at what it's supposed to do, but the feature where it takes you to the full version website is actually very annoying. Maybe put a link to the website in the notification instead, or something. It just seems pointless, because your extension is supposed to eliminate the need for any kind of word count websites.
- (2015-03-31, v:2.1.1) icon not appearing on bar
The icon doesn't appear to the right of the URL bar like other extensions (pinterest). Can I make it appear or assign a keyboard short cut. This is fantastic, thank you. Is there a link to donate or buy a professional version?
- (2015-02-11, v:1.2) Sebastian Boppert: Stopped working last week
Hi, this extension has stopped working for some reason. Still displayed as active in my extensions, but won't appear in the right-click context menu anymore. Any ideas? Really useful extension when it works!
- (2013-10-10, v:1.0.1) Nick Nutsubidze: Perfect extension
Perfect extension but it will be better to add duplicated word counter, comma and dot counter as well, thanks