Presents 23andMe and FTDNA Family Trees in Ahnentafel Format
This extension for FTDNA's Family Trees and for 23andMe's "classic" Family Trees (i.e., 23andMe trees entered before their discontinuation in 2015) extracts information from a displayed tree and presents it as a list in Ahnentafel format. When available, ancestors to at least 7th great grandparents (8th cousin relationships) are displayed at 23andMe, and up to 15 generations are displayed at FTDNA. Clicking on an individual's entry will highlight their descendants and their ancestors based on the selected inheritance mode (autosomal, X chromosome, mitochondrial or Y chromosome). Step 1: Load a family tree (wait for the "loading" icon to stop spinning) Step 2: Click on the DNArboretum icon located on the right hand side of the URL bar (see screenshot) Step 3: Wait for the "loading" icon to stop spinning, this can take some time for complex trees Step 4: The DNArboretum page will automatically open Step 5: Select the Inheritance mode of interest (defaults to autosomal) Step 6: Click and explore; search for names and places For more information, 23andMe users please see this thread: https://www.23andme.com/you/community/thread/29714/ Version 22.214.171.124 circumvents a Chrome bug that prevented FTDNA trees from displaying consistently but requires the user to perform a redundant button push (for the technically minded, setTimeout() does not achieve the desired result). Not elegant, but it works again. Version 126.96.36.199 fixes a bug that caused some ancestors to be omitted from FTDNA trees Version 188.8.131.52 may address certain errors in trees with multiple spouses
- (2019-04-27) Anders Dahlin: Does not work after the latest update of Chrome
- (2019-02-24) Amby Rogers: Will not open a file? Has something changed? Love this app and use it all the time
- (2019-02-15) Fungerar inte när google uppdaterar............. Skärp er.......
- (2018-11-02) Monica Abelson Född Eliasson: Riktigt bra tillägg. Rekommenderas!
- (2018-10-20) Maj-Britt Friberg: Kan inte leva utan den Nåväl, men användbar till tusen är den
- (2018-06-07) J. Wesley Cleveland: Indispensable. The only problem is that I wasted months looking at family trees on familytreedna before I found it.
- (2018-03-05) Folke Spjut: Fungerar ibland.
- (2017-10-06) John Dobson: Even if all this tool could do was to extract the textual content from a tree at FTDNA, I would still find it indispensable. But the fact that it can follow the arrows on the right-hand side of the ancstor table and extract additional, concealed ancestors in earlier generations makes it not only a huge time-saver but something that could save a researcher costly and embarrassing mistakes.
- (2017-08-28) Lenny Zimmermann: Great extension that is especially useful with Genome Mate Pro. I'd love to request seeing the extension expanded to also convert GedMatch linked trees and the WikiTree trees linked from GedMatch as well. Being able to do this with AncestryDNA pedigree trees or just any tree on Ancestry, even, would also be very helpful as would, I would imagine, the new pedigree trees viewable on MyHeritage's DNA matches.
- (2017-05-05) Jerry Balkcom: Great app. Use it regularly with familytreedna trees.
- (2017-03-22) SBreck Breck: It was a waste deleted on the spot
- (2017-03-21) Jim Davis: Would be fantastic if it worked with Ancestry DNA Match pedigree trees.
- (2016-04-10) Magnus Eriksson: Very useful. Suggestions: 1. Tabular format (family name, given names, birthplace, etc, in different columns) to make it easier to copy to a spread sheet and find similarities. 2. Add relations. E.g. "mf ds w" for mothers fathers daughters sons wife. 3. present the list in order of unique birth places or family names. 4. Make it possible to compare two trees to find matching names or places.
- (2015-10-20) Sarah Brooks: Love how this extension lets you see the ahnetafel of a person's family tree, so very helpful!
- (2015-09-06) Shannon Dillman: This makes the useless family trees on ftdna useful. I haven't been talking about it because I didn't know about it! Thanks to reviewer Karen Anne Eck, I do and will be talking about it going forward! And now that the information can be usable I might just include genealogy for the kits I maintain over at ftdna. Before, I just did the lists of surnames.
- (2015-09-05) Joyce Langley: Many thanks to the developer AND to those who put the word out about this great tool!
- (2015-09-05) Karen Anne Eck: This is an awesome little tool! I have long been harping on the lack of an easy way to find locations in a family tree, as they are so much more important to the search for a Common Ancestor than surnames, which rarely are a match in time and place. No one in genetic genealogy has been talking about this tool in public web spaces since it's inception a year and half ago - well, I've put the word out and now they will be! Can something be made to work like this with Ancestry DNA and My Heritage? TEN STARS!
- (2015-04-12) Ronnie Tucker: Could be good, but 23andMe now host your family tree elsewhere, so this extension doesn't currently work.
- (2014-08-09) Rhonda Lucas: Another great add-on from neanderling, thank you, I would be lost without this one! The only thing I could wish for, is to be able to save it as a 'functioning' complete webpage.
- (2019-12-02, v:184.108.40.206) Bengt Andersson: Could not use this extension on FTDNA
After update at FTDNA in Novenber 2019 is this extension not working anymore!
- (2019-11-20, v:220.127.116.11) Anneli Ighil: DNArboretum
I really miss this extension! Is there any update in progress in the future.
- (2019-10-07, v:18.104.22.168) aro0404: Not working!
It's not working. I try to open a family tree with DNarboretum without any result.
- (2019-10-02, v:22.214.171.124) lapidary lockbox: not working
DNArboretum not working
- (2019-06-24, v:126.96.36.199) Barton Lewis: DNArboretum not working on FTDNA
Just wanted to add my voice to chorus of users who report DNArobretum not working and missing it. If there updates on its repair, I would appreciate knowing.
- (2019-06-05, v:188.8.131.52) Mikael och Susanne: DNArboretum
DNArboretum is not working in Crome for a very long time. How can I make it work again ? /Sussie
- (2019-05-15, v:184.108.40.206) Mikael och Susanne: Not Working at all for a long time
Are there any bugg fixing in the progress ?
- (2019-05-14, v:220.127.116.11) Marit Cronquist: Does not work
DNArboretum hasn't been working for some time now. Are you going to fix it??
- (2019-05-10, v:18.104.22.168) Lawrence Sweeney: assistance
i would like to help you restore this application's functionality.. Where may I find the source code? Is it possible to chat?
- (2019-04-23, v:22.214.171.124) Amy Martin: No longer functional!
This extension is no longer working for me on my iMac desktop computer, OS 10.12.5. It is, however, still working on my laptop MacBook, OS 10.12.6. Please advise on how I return functionality.
- (2019-04-04, v:126.96.36.199) Inger Feldhofer: DNArboretum
När löser ni problemet? Det fungerar ju fortfarande inte. Ett bra hjälpmedel som har slutat fungera. Beror det på någon uppdatering i Chrome?