Force PDFs to display inline instead of downloading. By Nick Semenkovich <[email protected]>
Force PDFs to render inline instead of downloading. By Nick Semenkovich <[email protected]> Annoyed by PDFs that save and download instead of opening? This extension forces PDFs to render inline instead of downloading (by overwriting the "Content-disposition: attachment" header). This extension works using the webRequest API -- and it's a bit slower than the alternative extension. If you're using the Beta or Dev versions of Chrome, my alternative extension uses the Declarative Web Request API -- which is faster. Features: - Only rewrites content that's in a main window (main_frame) - Rewrites all responses with "Content-type: application/pdf" - Rewrites responses with "Content-type: application/octet-stream" with a filename=*.pdf WARNING: This may have security risks by overriding the attachment header. Use at your own risk. ======== CODE ======== Please contribute! https://github.com/semenko/chrome-force-pdf-inline Copyright 2014-2015, Nick Semenkovich <[email protected]> Released under the MIT License. See LICENSE for details.
- (2020-07-14) Hari Tharani: not even opening very bad n not useful
- (2020-02-21) Michael Richter: Exactly what I was looking for.
- (2019-11-20) Chris Vydas: Did not work at all! Not working on pc and not working on mobile.
- (2019-05-30) Ellen Winney: Needed this for a website that insisted its PDFs be downloaded instead of just displayed inline. This extension did exactly what I needed, thanks.
- (2019-04-29) Tom Lomax: Amazing, just the thing for perusing datasheets etc. Still working great in Apr 2019...
- (2018-11-03) Brissa: Does exactly what it says it will. Great extension!
- (2018-02-23) Jozef Mikušinec: Sometimes fails, producing this warning: Warning: This extension failed to modify the response header "content-disposition" of a network request because the modification conflicted with another extension (Render PDFs Inline).
- (2017-06-10) Simple and efficient! An options' panel with a domain white/black list would be a cool addition. Also, the ability to pick other mime-types would be a big plus :)
- (2017-01-22) Zak Wilson: Does what it says on the tin. It would be nice to be able to override content-disposition for other filetypes as well (I sometimes see it with images).
- (2016-05-11) Sahin karabıçak: Çok memnunum
- (2016-02-03) Adam Geary: Thank you for making this. I've been going through lots of spec sheets for various products lately and half will open inline, half will insist on downloading. I don't want 500 random PDFs sitting around in my downloads folder, so this extension solves that for me.
- (2015-11-12) Paul Combal: It doesn't seem to always work.