Create your own personalized New Tab page using a custom URL or simply a plain color.
Create your own personalized New Tab page using a custom URL or simply a plain color. Make use of the boring New Tab page by customizing it to your liking. Display any web page when a tab is created to browse faster and more efficiently. With this extension you can use the New Tab page the same way as before, the URL in the address bar stays empty and automatically gets focus as with the default New Tab page! This application displays a white page by default when a new tab is opened. To customize this behavior, please navigate to chrome settings > extensions > My New Tab options. For security purposes, web sites displayed in the New Tab page will not have access to your computer's cookies or local storage.
- (2021-01-23) Alois Janíček: It allows you to set new tab to plain / blank background of your choice (RGB or hex). Thank you Dominic, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!
- (2020-12-08) ShadowedGamey: I tried it but now it changed it to NOTHING!!! This is outdated. If you still have it remove it.
- (2014-04-16) Arthur Prather: Love it, But..."HTTPS" does not work in URL.
- (2014-04-16) Gave only four stars because it does not work with an "HTTPS" URL. Otherwise it works quite well. Thanks.
- (2014-04-09) Steve Steve: Solved my problem since Google removed the option.
- (2014-03-26) Mark Graner: Absolutely great! Does exactly what it needs to do, WITHOUT any special permissions. Bye bye, New Tab Redirect!!
- (2014-02-21) Tommy G.: It's fun. I can put any picture I like.
- (2015-07-04, v:1.0.1) S410: href
Button in my html work fine if i open file in browser, but here urls opens in new tab. I tried use: target="_self", but now nothing happens! #googletranslate
- (2014-03-24, v:1.0.1) Cameron Wilson: Chrome Apps page
Hi Dominic, I found your extension, and it's great that there are no permissions required. All the rest that I found would request access to way too much stuff. I'm trying to get my apps page back, and I hoped that I could use "chrome://apps/" as the URL in your extension. Is this something that could be added? Kind regards, Cameron