Automatically declines to send read receipts in Google Mail
Has your Google Apps administrator enabled read receipts for your domain? Are you fed up of clicking 'Not now' every time Google Mail asks you whether it should send a read receipt? Do you wish there was a global 'don't send read receipts' setting? If so, this extension is for you! When you install it, it will automatically choose 'Not now' every time you're asked whether to send a read receipt, and it's so fast you won't even see the dialog. If you don't trust me, and want to see the source, it's at https://github.com/stephenlewis/no-read-receipts N.B. this extension is only useful for Google Apps users who have read receipts enabled - it's not for 'consumer' GMail accounts.
- (2018-11-09) Kevin Bartlett: Mildly annoying to have dialogue box pop up and then disappear, but far, far better than having to click "No" every time I view an email.
- (2017-04-09) Claudio Estevez: works ok, you need to restart chrome.
- (2017-02-28) Dave Haste: Great idea, but doesn't seem to work.
- (2016-10-11) Sultan Nasrulla: Same issue as Phil Ellsworth noted.
- (2016-05-13) Hrvoje Jerkovic: It actually works! I just needed to restart Chrome. You need to kill it in taskbar tray or just reboot your computer.
- (2016-03-14) Rafael César Neves: Only works on english version
- (2015-09-16) Alonso Serrudo: Solo funciona cuando el Gmail está configurado en inglés.
- (2015-04-08) Aaron Russo: Works as expected, both for my personal Google Acct and using Google Apps for Education.
- (2014-10-01) Phil Groenenberg: I disagree with read receipts on a fundamental level. Love this
- (2014-08-29) Daniel Bedotti Amaro: Doesnt work at all
- (2014-05-09) Francesco Pontillo: It works amazingly, all read receipts request are automatically dismissed. It only shows the popup for a few milliseconds, nothing I can't bear with. Thanks Stephen!
- (2014-04-23) Courtney Mansell: I downloaded it and still get Read Reciept pop ups. :( Am I missing something? I use a Google App for the university I work for. Maybe it doesn't work for my email app??
- (2014-03-10) Phil Ellsworth: Great idea, but does not work in Gmail systems where the admin has removed the option for users to decide whether or not to decline a read-receipt. I enabled this app in hopes that the one nagging co-worker I have would not be notified when I opened one of his e-mails. Sometimes I can't get to reading the entire email at that very instant and he'll immediately come asking for my response when I'm intentionally delaying a response because of other priorities. My system is set up so I don't even have the option to decline a read-receipt. I'm guessing that's why this app didn't work for me.
- (2013-10-08) Mark Haase: INCREDIBLE. I hate read receipt nagging. If I open up a 4 year old email that had a read receipt request, Gmail will effing nag me about sending a read receipt. This extension puts an end to the nagging. Stellar.
- (2012-09-05) Oliver Gunning: Thanks - read receipts are very annoying!
- (2019-12-17, v:1.1) Daniel Gonzalez: Tool stopped working
The tool was working great, but recently started getting below messages again: https://ibb.co/HV65Hh5
- (2018-02-02, v:1.1) Jeremy Wilcock: Not working.
Just installed this but it's not working.
- (2017-06-13, v:1.1) Stopped working
I have been using the decliner for a long time already. It has stopped working however as of today? Please resolve
- (2015-06-25, v:1.1) 大藏聯合建築師事務所甘銘源: It doesn´t work for Gmail in Taiwan, too.
It doesn´t work for Gmail in Taiwan, too.