A demo plugin that sends Github source to a new Caret tab.
This is a demonstration of using the Caret command API to open GitHub source code into a new Caret tab. You will need Caret 1.2.25 or higher to use this extension. Once added to Chrome, it will add a page action icon to any github.com pages that qualify--click the icon to send the raw source over to your open editor window. GH2Caret also displays a Magic 8-ball prediction on the status bar in Caret once a minute. This serves no useful purpose, it's just a fun extra while I was messing with the command APIs, to demonstrate how easy it is for other applications to show messages through the Caret UI. The source for this extension is available on GitHub at the website link to the right.
- (2020-12-10) lambo 32: great program for html files and C#! Thank you github
- (2020-11-19) Sheba Doge: This is the best thing for creating HTML, JS, CSS, and finally C# E-mail [email protected] if you need anything (I just noticed this was made by Github witch is a good scripting company)
- (2020-08-25) Tejas Vijayagopal: What do you do with the code, and where is it interpreted, and why isn't it giving any errors when I make ERRORS. Then, this app is an ERROR to use.
- (2019-04-26) gidade: BAD Af
- (2019-03-06) Trash
- (2018-09-13) Tjeerd: TOP!
- (2018-02-07) Bruce Scott: By far the best text editor for notes and for coding, and it's free.
- (2017-02-19) bad
- (2015-04-21) FELIPE RAFAEL PIÑAS AGUAS: es bien
- (2013-12-10) Great!
- (2019-03-13, v:1.0.3) Automatic updates
Great app, but I'm having one problem. Twice now, automatic updates occurred without any alert, and "untitled" (not yet saved) files have been lost, while open files revert to earlier versions. To reduce file fragmentation, I usually avoid frequent saves. I've found that one can "disable update checks at startup," but these updates have occurred mid-session; I often leave Caret open for several days. Is there a way to stop this behavior?
- (2018-12-05, v:1.0.3) how do i open it
like i literally dont know how to use it and for first-time users this is really confusing
- (2018-09-29, v:1.0.3) Matthew Nicholas: Continuous Loading
The app will not stop saying it is loading something I don't know why it is doing this but it is and it will not stop. It takes up a side of the screen for no reason. Please help, I really like this editor but this is so unmotivating when I have to fight with my text edditier.
- (2017-05-09, v:1.0.3) Ross McMillan: Associating Caret with google docs on drive
How can I get Caret to be added to the apps that google docs suggests I use? Specifically, when I receive an email in GMail that has attachments, when I click on the attachments it pops up a list of apps I have added to Chrome (StackEdit, AnyFile NotePad, Drive NotePad) and I can open the file with any of those. Can Caret be added to this list? It's not present in the list when I try to add an app with the "Connect more apps" button.
- (2017-04-26, v:1.0.3) George Reitsma: Keeps loading a non used tab
Editor is great. However, after closing and restaring the application with two tabs open, it opens a third empty tab that stays in "Loading" mode for an infinite time. I cannot close the third tab, and have to do a "Emergency reset" to get rid of it. In other words, after restarting the app, it always reopens all files that were being edited + 1 more empty tab. That happens with caret on Android.
- (2017-04-24, v:1.0.3) Sean Kim: Can't "undo" after a save
Sometimes, although not all the time, after I make changes and save a file, I cannot use the "undo" feature. This problem occurred for cpp files and html files, but I suspect it happens for all files.
- (2017-04-18, v:1.0.3) Arthur Vaccarino: Themes
Is there any way to tweak the theme colors? Great app btw.
- (2014-06-01, v:1.0.3) Caret caret on dark themes
I like to use a dark theme like vibrant ink, but then my cursor is so dark I cannot see it. Is there any way to invert it to white, when using a dark theme?