Bringing Vim's elegance to Chrome
Hello, Welcome to Vrome! Vrome is a Vim keybindings extension for chrome, It is used to give you a more efficient browsing. Proudly recommend it to you! Vrome, inspiration from the Vim text editor and Vimperator for Firefox. So it works almost like Vim and Vimperator. But there are some additions to make Vrome sweet! hope there are some surprises for you! ;) Get a full description here: https://github.com/jinzhu/vrome/tree/master It conver features about Navigation, Tab manipulation, Marks, Hint Mode, Scrolling, Zoom, History, Bookmark, Search, Shorten URL, InsertMode, External editor support, build your own keybindings... Get a full features list here: https://github.com/jinzhu/vrome/blob/master/Features.mkd Do you want to try it? Install it, reload all your tabs to enjoy it! /*NOTE*/ Chrome does not allow extensions to run on Chrome Webstore, Setting page and New Tab page! /*NOTE*/ Vrome is a open source project. It's Reliable. We won't use your personal information! All permissions required are used for features. You could check the source code here: http://github.com/jinzhu/vrome Thanks - By Jinzhu <[email protected]>
- (2018-11-22) Jinlong Fan: 开始不能使用，修改设置-->允许访问文件网址,打开这个权限后才可以使用。 差点以为用不了！ 为什么没用中文版教程，不是中国人写的吗？
- (2018-07-04) Gersivan Oliveira: Bem produtiva.
- (2017-05-25) willian ver valem paiva: really nice
- (2017-04-13) The best
- (2016-12-16) Stepan Pribilinskiy: Nice although too opinionated, e.g. better by default to leave Alt+D for Address bar and Ctrl+F for Browser's search (Vrome is unable to search in PDF). It's nice that we can unmap these. Goo.gl URL shortener doesn't work. And there's an irritating opacity applied to letter boxes in Hint mode, please make them opaque. Can't re-enable it after disabling with Ctrl+Z (btw. strange hotkey decision) on Windows because Ctrl+Esc opens Start menu. There's no Show source code and active new tab (like the native Ctrl+U). Decided to go back to Vimium for now.
- (2016-10-27) James Britt: Pretty great in comparison to vimperator on firefox. In fact this thing is a reason to move from firefox to chromium. However: Stopped working with the latest Chrome update.
- (2016-10-26) John W.H.: probably the best vim-like extension on Chrome, though need an update for compatibility on Chrome v54
- (2016-10-13) Marcus H: Pretty bad in comparison to vimperator on firefox. In fact this thing is the last reason not to move from firefox to chromium. Will check out others
- (2016-02-23) Wuxiaowei Wu: 用着挺好的，要是readme能翻译成中文就好了
- (2015-12-22) Saiyasodharan R: Nice Extension. But need a way to disable the extension for certain websites/apps like Gmail, which have their own shortcuts.
- (2015-07-06) Why there is no "ignore all keys" mode (e.g. like in vimperator when one presses 'insert' or 'shift+esc')? Edit: just went back to check again the "Vimium". This still is far superior.
- (2015-01-15) André Mannberg-Novakovic: Unfortunately not as robust or versatile as the Firefox addons available (Vimperator/Pentadactyl etc). However, I'm sure *a lot* of time and effort has gone into the creation and maintenance of this extension. There must've been countless limitations in Chrome that needed solving. To achieve an alteration that was never intended is pretty amazing, thanks guys. And when I do end up using Chrome, I'm definitely glad that Vrome exists. All in all, I'm eager to see what you will accomplish in the future.
- (2014-12-25) ayush agarwal: vimperator is far far better.
- (2014-12-18) Q Sun: 已经停止更新了吗？
- (2014-11-27) 陈浩: "/"搜索功能有些时候搜不到某些块里面的字，而且卡到没朋友，特别是查android api这种长网页的时候，建议去掉，或直接替换成内置搜索
- (2014-11-13) Daniel Ochoa: It's really nice and better than vimium, the only issue is that it's resource intensive and it makes my computer slow when using more than a handful of tabs at any given moment.
- (2014-09-28) mask z: perfect, but when i open link use 'f xx' it open the same link in 2 tabs
- (2014-08-20) Kossak _: Thank you, very useful extension.
- (2014-07-21) amin roosta: its way better than vimium . specially for firefox vimperator users .
- (2014-07-11) Алексей Колосов: Просто супер! VIM rulez!
- (2014-06-28) Ruslan Osmanov: I had been searching for analogue of Vimperator. Vrome is almost what I want. Nevertheless, I'd change some features: * make colors of the hints less irritating(e.g. color: #385F38, background: #F8F893) * get rid of need to use a server for external editor Thanks.
- (2014-04-08) Yuriy Yarosh: Гарна альтернатива для користувачiв pentadactyl.
- (2014-04-03) Matthias Lehmann: Given the contraints of Chrome, this gives a very good VIM-like experience.
- (2014-03-09) Hans Staugaard: Doesn't work properly for non-us keyboards. And the bug for this was reported 3 years ago.
- (2014-03-01) T Qri: perfect!
- (2013-11-25) Thank you very much. Works like a charm. :-)