Allows you to quickly navigate up levels in a web site address.
When you click on the Upshift icon, it will pop up a list of new addresses that you can select, which all go increasingly higher in the address of the site you are currently viewing. You can use shift+click to open the address in a new window, or ctrl+click / middle mouse click to open the address in a new tab. There is a keyboard shortcut, ctrl+up, that allows you to go up one level in the current address. Upshift also provides a list of recently visited addresses on the same site (this requires permission to access your browsing history). This data is not used for any other purpose, or saved or sent anywhere.
- (2019-07-05) Jerry Zhu: Like it. Can you also give us an option to adjust the font size in pop-up window?
- (2019-05-25) Isaac Zhang: Good extension indeed! Would you please add page titles beside the history list so that I can easily find the page I am looking for?
- (2019-03-13) Ben Havens: Functionality is perfect, but the button icon is hard to see with a dark theme.
- (2018-08-08) Timwi Heizmann: The Ctrl+Up shortcut advertised does not work. It just does nothing. Unfortunately I was looking specifically for something with a shortcut. :(
- (2017-02-18) Jim Beswick: Does what it says on the can
- (2015-07-31) Love this functionality, was looking for an Uppity clone. This was perfect! Sadly, this is also adware - I'm seeing Skimwords now, which irritate me no end. Guess I'll have to build my own after all :(
- (2013-03-09) Luke Hamburg: Great extension! "Does what it says on the tin"
- (2013-02-11) Michael G.: With a list of possibilities Upshift beats Go Up as extension. Good work, thanks!!
- (2011-11-14) Jason Winnebeck: Unlike the other two "uppity" like extensions I found (Go Up and NavigUp), when you click on this one it gives you a list of how far up you want to go, which is exactly what I want. The others just let you go up "one level" at a time.
- (2011-11-09) Luke Hamburg: Great start! Please make the icon a little less garish though! If you could take the icon from the 'NavigUp' extension (or a similar one) that would be nice. Also, ctrl+click should open the link in a new tab if possible.
- (2019-05-25, v:3.1) Isaac Zhang: page titles
Would you please add page titles beside the history list so that I can easily find the page I am looking for?
- (2019-01-30, v:3.0) Aaron Oliver: Feature Requests
This works really well, except I would really like some different options (perhaps have an Options page where these can be set): 1. I do not want the "history" list. That's just extra clutter. 2. I wish the font size was 100% instead of 75%. If you remove the history list, then you don't even need a smaller font to try and fit all those extra items. 3. I would like an option in the list (perhaps at the bottom) to click that does nothing but drop down from https to http at the current address. I'm using WinXP, and it can't handle some types of https, but on SOME sites like that, if I just change the address to http, then it will work.... Thanks for making this extension.
- (2012-08-22, v:2.2) Luke Hamburg: problem with manifest
Great extension! On latest Chrome 21.0.1180.83 when you go to the Manage Extensions area there is a red warning next to Upshift (you have to tick the 'Developer Mode' checkbox at the top) : There were warnings when trying to install this extension: Unrecognized manifest key '_c_'. Please fix manifest.json
- (2012-08-14, v:2.2) Usi Arshad: Keeps disappearing
Hi, the Upshift icon in the address bar disappears after a few minutes of inactivity. It's been doing this for the past week or so. The only way to get it back seems to be to restart Chrome whenever you need to use the extension. Not sure if it's an issue with the extension or Chrome itself but thought you might like to be made aware. Thanks for a great product.