EasyReader can customize and improve the readability of long web articles
Make any article or part of a website more readable! Usage: 1. Click extension button. 2. Select content on the page to read. 3. Enjoy. Features: ★ Table of contents for headings are provided to the left. ★ Color, size, fonts and more are fully customizable. ★ Print, will print selected content only. ★ Code highlighting for code segments without other style. Tips: ☞ Drag right edge of content to change width. ☞ Background can be customized using images, not only colors. Example for background color use: url("http://antonj.se/resources/css/images/paper-texture-warm.gif") ☞ Hovering lables in option page will give you the actual CSS property that is used. Updates: 1.61 - Minor bug fixes (no scrolling in original page) 1.60 - Minor bug fixes 1.50 – Keyboard shortcut to activate/deactivate EasyReader (set in extension options) 1.46-7 – Bugfix: Print width always 100 % 1.45 – Printing with EasyReader activated will only print selected content. 1.44 – Bugfix: Flash content temporary hidden, when ER is activated. Since Chrome7 Flash would otherwise always be above ER content. 1.43 – Bugfix: Google Dictionary (by Google) extension popup will be on top of EasyReader content. 1.40 – Syntax highlight for code segments of articles, using http://code.google.com/p/google-code-prettify/
- (2019-11-03) minh dat: Thanks dev. Its perfect. I want "delete feature" to delete advertising logos on webpage.
- (2019-09-26) Tom Pester: One of the better ones that preserves the content that I want. Thanks Anton!
- (2019-05-17) Александр Огненский: - custom CSS styles - custom width - syntax highlighter Awesome! Thanks!)
- (2019-03-23) Sobiya Naseer: Nice app!
- (2019-03-11) Iails: 开启后，滚动条不能拖动了。
- (2019-02-12) Melissa Goodsky: This is the best reader I've found. The only thing that I have discovered that doesn't work is the shortcut Cntrl+1 will not work for Chrome since that takes you back to the first tab. I was unable to set the shortcut to something else that would work. I do wish there was a little more documentation to make it easier to change the settings. I absolutely love that I can adjust the margins! Being able to change all of the other settings is also a huge plus. I struggled with changing the settings a bit until I realized you have to follow the format exactly as shown in the example. When changing the size of the font, you have to add px to the end or it won't take. Hope that helps someone!
- (2019-01-24) Геннадий Зайковский: Не работает сочетание клавиш, установленное в настройках
- (2018-11-04) Long Nguyen Xuan: It works nicely but got a problem that can't change font size as in this screenshot, https://imgur.com/a/q4i6cKy I set the fontsize to 99 but it doesn't affect at all.
- (2018-10-17) Julia Durrant: I really do love this app - the ability to remove extraneous pages and save as a PDF has been so beneficial. And the ability to choose which parts I want to see is also excellent. I am encountering one bug - when I click to print, it removes all of the bold and italics in the print preview and in the PDF generated.
- (2018-09-29) CHCOOBOO: 可以自訂轉換範圍這點不錯，缺點是設定方式較不親民
- (2018-09-10) Eduardo dos Santos Work: Please, add context menu and global keyboard shortcut options. I want to be able to show the new formatted article without moving the mouse to the toolbar, this is annoying and doesn't suit with the habits of highly productivity people, like myself. With these features, this add-on will be perfect. Many thanks.
- (2018-08-29) Sean Ryan: Very useful extension for reading articles in clear text without all the sidebar distractions. *** Bug Report *** Page and arrow up/down buttons cause the underlying webpage to scroll, instead of the EasyReader overlay text. This behaviour occurs even if I first click on the EasyReader overlay text. As a result keyboard scrolling of the EasyReader page is impossible; only mouse scrolling is possible. *** Improvement Request *** Options Page: Provide a help facility for dummies like me who don't know CSS. What are the possible values for various fields? Either add to the text of the hover pop-ups or change the Sample Text page from Latin mumbo-jumbo :) to Help Text.
- (2018-08-11) Arto Kalishian: Simple and Awesome! :)
- (2018-08-09) Great extension. Would be nice to be able to edit more styles though. Especially the heading tags.
- (2018-06-28) DongRui Yang: Really good for reading, also recommend combine use with Diigo do highlight work and onenote. 非常好用，强烈推荐，同时也推荐和Diigo一起使用，高亮加阅读然后直接复制放到onenote上保存阅读，完美！
- (2018-04-22) Mike: this is the best feature for extensive screen reader.
- (2018-04-21) Сергей Галанов: Не знаю, как жить без подобных приложений. В противном случае - это просто уничтожение зрения
- (2018-03-30) Ganesh: Awesome
- (2018-03-18) laike9m: Love the syntax hilighting!
- (2018-01-21) Michael Y: Very useful extension However, the recent update requires an additional step to click on the reader-page with the mouse. Else I can't navigate the page with the keyboard. Or is it only me? Thanks for the wonderful extension
- (2018-01-19) Brett Kelly: Quietly keeps getting better, and it was already the best reader extension among several I've tried.
- (2018-01-08) Yuri Bochkarev: I really couldn't find anything similar to this extension: selecting a block to focus on is a killer feature to me! Thank you! There is one inconvenience, though. When I'm reading an article with a source code, applied CSS style (fonts, colors, background) only makes it worse to me. Could you please add an option to turn off CSS style or add several options to let user choose what is applied? Basically often I just want to focus on some div element, make the font be bigger, and center the content and that's it. I don't need to change colors, just hide everything outside of the selected element. As an example, see: http://www.allprogrammingtutorials.com/tutorials/getting-started-with-rdds-in-spark.php EDIT: By the way, there is a typo in style.css: "font-weigth:bold" EDIT: Why is there in style.css the following link? // http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01.html EDIT: I've managed to make it a little better disabling several lines in style.css. Here is the diff: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/17e8f801d72e2e7fa51768e54eed8ee2
- (2017-12-27) Oleg Jash: Шикарно!
- (2017-12-25) Alexander Teterkin: Excellent app! Please, add the parameter to set the width of the reading area. On my screen it is too narrow.
- (2017-12-24) Great extension, really helps with readability, especially on academic websites with terrible layouts.