Customize and change the appearance of online articles to enhance text readability
Improve online text readability, fix badly styled articles, and read the way you want! Tired of poorly formatted articles online? AlphaText makes you more productive, reduces strain on your eyes, and prevents you from getting tired quickly when reading, by letting you adjust and improve the appearance of online articles. Update: Now with integrated power tools, and a simplified user interface! AlphaText 3: - Quickly adjust font size, font style, and line spacing on websites - Save favorite style sets to apply with a single click - Automatic style adjustment on your saved favorite sites - Quick color adjustment to optimize text and background color to your liking - Clutter-clearing power tools to remove distracting multimedia (images, videos, fancy backgrounds)
- (2020-01-25) Deepak Bhoria: Does great job of single click background and font changes ... saves my eyes after hours of reading.
- (2019-12-27) Susan Colvin: AlphaText is definitely one of the greatest readability-enhancing extensions I know. That said, adding a few more options would make it perfect in my opinion : - More size values (for some reason, the devs didn't add more values between 20px and 24px, which is a puzzling choice. 22px-23px is precisely the range I need for most of my readings.) - More customizing options for the background and the text's colors (the available grey's option is too dark, while the beige one is too bright for my eyes ) Other than that, it's a great tool. I highly recommend it.
- (2019-06-05) Paul Ho: good
- (2019-05-04) Derek Nesnah: Although it does make some changes that are improvements, it just doesn't fix everything - And I often find that increasing the text size affects so much at once, that what was previously two or three frames of info side by side becomes 1 long row of frames.... resulting in the part I was trying to read moving from the right margin to 70% down the page. Obviously due to padding & size settings within these frames. What would be Ideal would be to first select an area of the text that is difficult to read, and then click on the extension button, where the option to adjust just the similarly formatted text of that section/frame OR All text similarly formatted. that way when the heading is in bold and an agreeable font and size, but the body is unreadable you don't have to also affect the size and formatting of the page everywhere..
- (2019-02-21) Lance Jordan: Thank you! Nice features, easy to use. One wish was for auto-update on dynamic sites. But nice work here!
- (2018-09-30) Turbcool: 4 stars, it could be better. Could use more fonts and ability to set custom text size. Also i need more profiles (5), ability to name profiles. Hotkeys to activate profiles. Overall, good extension.
- (2018-09-12) Yi Jing Tan: Easy to use and really helps with reading lots of articles!
- (2018-07-08) Enrique Agüeros: Amaizng, it would be highly useful to add shortcuts to the predefinied profiles
- (2018-04-03) Gersivan Oliveira: Recomendada para estilizar fontes de páginas web rapidamente.
- (2018-03-12) Madeline Gleich: Could be 5 stars if dev provided a way to be reached. I want to make a profile in which I enlarge the text and set 1.2 line spacing and I would like this to be a permanent profile. But it seems I HAVE TO? choose a font rather than use the site font? Lots of potential
- (2018-01-05) Kate Williams: Works well, no problems. The answer to terrible typography.
- (2017-12-15) Radhika Morabia: Perfect for making every web page readable. The only addition I would like is if I could also bold text.
- (2017-10-23) Best of this class. Easiest to use, permits more combinations than most others. Color-coded control interfaces are cool. Wish "quick control" and "options" panels themselves enlarged with control-plus. Changes I'd like: - Larger font -- 32 is when things *start* to be legible - Bold font -- Supplied fonts don't provide enough contrast - saving BG and txt colors in profile, or at least having that choice stick until changed again
- (2017-08-28) Donal Goggin: Trying this out for my Dad with vision loss. Its great and easy to use but one simple option I can't seem to find is the ability to bold text. Would be perfect otherwise
- (2017-07-20) Kenny D: Works fast and efficient. I can save multiple formats, and change with a click.
- (2017-06-07) Lina: This works well but doesn't have all the features that I was looking for. However the format of it is perfect so I was wondering if it's possible to add a 'change case' option as well? I have a hard time reading all caps.
- (2017-05-22) antonio cesar solano: It was usefull for me. I use it and I will continue because I liked it
- (2017-02-11) Hatem Albordeini: thank you so much
- (2017-01-30) Alan Bleier: Works well. Not sure if it can automatically apply a profile to all pages, which is something I would like.
- (2017-01-13) Chuck Landress: A great tool especially since web designers have been reducing contrast on web sites for a while now. Some are very hard to read. The only issue I have is that recent updates now work very slowly. I click the extension icon and then wait a while for it to display.
- (2016-12-24) George Stegmaier: Prima fuer Alte
- (2016-09-30) William Taylor: So far so good
- (2016-08-21) Zandrae Pyreanor: Optimize color removes my easy to read custom background color and replaces it with burning white. It's nice that it seems to get rid of the terrible grey text, stuff is still unreadable for me. Can you let us configure background color? Or just let us have choices for text colors? Link colors, etc? Or something?
- (2016-06-16) Dave Stevens: Too complicated. Couldn't figure it out. This should be painfully simple -- click, boom. Just the text and relevant images, in a reader-friendly format without jumps or sidebars. Instead there are menus, and options, and a bunch of stuff you have to fiddle with; and I still couldn't get it to work.
- (2016-06-01) Grettir Grettistak: Wonderful