Changes 'political correctness' to 'treating people with respect'
"I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase “politically correct” wherever we could with “treating other people with respect”, and it made me smile." — Neil Gaiman This extension changes the text 'political correctness' to 'treating people with respect' on webpages, making the web a slightly better place. Latest update also changes 'politically correct' to 'respectful' and 'politically incorrect' to 'disrespectful' icon by Archigraphs. This extension is free but if you like it please consider supporting me on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/byroncclark I create what I like to think of as "software as social commentary" and your support makes a huge difference
- (2019-10-23) Matthew Heffernan: This makes reading news a lot more palatable.
- (2018-12-06) MK Piatkowski: This has made my internet experience much more pleasant. When I have regular cash flow I'm becoming a Patreon!
- (2018-09-10) Joy Fenimore: Forgot that I downloaded this ages ago and just read a really entertaining article about a crazy right-wing preacher about how much god hates "treating people with respect." This is an amazing extension, thank you so much for making my day!
- (2018-04-01) Benjamin Herrmann: "According to one version, treating people with respect actually began as an in-joke on the left" -- the wikipedia version of ... uhm ... well, the title of the article says "Treating people with respect", so I guess this is the true name of the article. Right. I love it, it really puts things into perspective.
- (2016-08-25) Lindsey Guy: Could you please also correct 'safe spaces' to 'treating people with respect'? We're somehow having this stupid fight all over again, with different words.
- (2016-05-05) keith bowden: It's great, and really exposes prejudice in an interesting way!
- (2016-03-21) David Holmgård Åkerberg: One of my favorite extensions.
- (2016-01-01) Paula Molina Acosta: i love it!!!
- (2015-12-08) Michael Figgs: Simply Amazing.
- (2015-08-13) Will Neumann: I love it!
- (2015-08-09) K Raila: Love it. Can we get some more phrases to translate? "being politically correct", for example.
- (2015-08-08) D. A. Królak: This is so genius! Comes in handy in today's MSM crappy coverage. Good for laughs & tears...
- (2015-10-26, v:0.2) Meg R: Not working
Can't seem to get it to work. Either that, or the page I'm looking at won't allow the change... any thoughts? http://www.hotheads.com.au/aboriginal.htm
- (2015-08-11, v:0.1) Invitation
Hi Byron, I love this extension and the message it brings! Thank you for making it available. Please visit our Natural Child Project site, where we are helping parents to treat their children with dignity, respect, understanding, and compassion, in order to create a new generation of respectful adults. Best wishes, Jan Jan Hunt, M.Sc., Director Natural Child Project www.naturalchild.org "Trust what your heart tells you."
- (2015-08-10, v:0.1) Christeos Pir: Suggestion
Would like to see this also converting the phrase "politically correct."
- (2015-08-09, v:0.1) K Raila: Development help?
Hey, I'd love to expand on this extension. Do you have a GitHub repo or anything?