Give your chrome windows a name and restore from previous sessions.
Do you sometimes have multiple Chrome windows open and find that it takes a moment to remember or figure out which window houses which tab? With this extension you can name your browsing windows! Your custom name will appear in square parenthesis at the beginning of the active tab in each window so you can quickly and easily see which window is which! This extension also automatically saves the state of any named windows, so if you close one, you can open it back up again easily with just two clicks. Check the options page for customizable parameters. This extension is currently in Beta, so there may be times when it doesn't quite function as expected. Whilst it is expected not to have any major faults and generally function correctly, this extension is currently provided as-is and for testing or experimental purposes only. Please do not use unless you are happy with this. New Apeiron accepts no responsibility for loss of data or other damage caused by the use of this extension. Please note: Chrome-specific tabs (such as chrome://history/ etc) are fixed so that they cannot be renamed. This means that this extension will not work for that window, when such tabs are selected. However, the prefix will be restored once another tab is selected. There are some other Google pages which also have this effect and sometimes, you may come across a webpage which renames the page itself. Please let us know when you find these if they are commonly used webpages and not part of the Google or Chrome domain.
- (2021-05-05) Darwin Sanoy: Super Useful! And super buggy! I am using it with Vivaldi on Mac in combination with spectacles which now makes CMD-Tab useful with each browser window! Anyone know of anything else that has the same approach?
- (2021-03-04) Chad Woolley: Very useful! The one limitation is that it doesn't seem to work well with pinned tabs. In my "Main" window, I keep all tabs pinned, and try to keep all unpinned tabs in other windows. But with this approach it doesn't seem to recognize the "Main" window when it re-opens after a reboot.
- (2019-10-10) Maurice Bijron: Just what i needed. Names windows nicely so i can keep my windows organized right in my taskbar. Other addons require you to use another manager which is just one extra manager to use next to my taskbar.
- (2019-09-24) Johnny Murphy: the menu takes a while to load and it considered 2 of 7 named windows to be closed when i restarted might just be me using vivaldi on linux thanks for doing this, i've been looking for this for a long time :)
- (2019-08-09) JBL Brands: Very thankful to the creator of this convenient extension!
- (2019-04-30) Jennifer Liebthal: I really love this extension. I tend to have multiple windows open with multiple tabs. Ex: one for my main work, one for research for my blog posts, one for social media, etc. I love that I can now easily move between them and have them be saved for the next time I open my browser. Only thing missing is being able to sync between computers. It would be great if you add this extension to any computer if it automatically pulls the named windows/tabs you already have.
- (2019-04-27) Using in conjunction with Tab Limiter With Que, and sometimes as I'm going through my list it stops labeling the tabs until I go to edit and re-save the desired name. Unable to reproduce consistently. Would also like longer character limit. Only extension I've found for this desired function. Very useful when using multiple windows to keep track of different ongoing tasks/workloads.
- (2018-08-12) Jonathan Sharman: Very useful if you tend to hoard tabs.
- (2018-07-20) Perry Myers: This works excellently. One suggestion: If this can be saved to the Cloud (via Google Drive) so that you can restore windows across different machines, it would be perfect. Thanks!
- (2018-01-30) Jonathan Thoms: It just didn't work. I "named" my window but no name actually pops up when I right click on the Chrome icon other than the original names for the windows that Chrome generates.
- (2018-01-26) Michele Egan: It doesn't function. I renamed a window and nothing changed. None of the buttons work. Please fix. Win10
- (2017-07-21) Nanohard: Does exactly what it says. Renames each tab with your custom prefix so that when minimized or you press Alt+Tab you know which window you're about to open. I also just realized after a month of use that I can use it to restore windows. Goodbye Session Buddy! One caveat is that if you use a site that renames tabs, say to post the amount of unread messages to the tab's title, it can be buggy with updating the unread messages to 0.
- (2017-05-25) Peter Novikov: Works like a charm Is it possible to add "send tab to specific window" feature? With a hotkey it will be just perfect imho )