Intuitive tab management
Spaces is a workspace manager for chrome. It treats each chrome window like a different workspace and lets you name and save each space. You can close a window full of tabs at any time then reopen it later and continue exactly where you left off. Spaces keeps track of new tabs opened in each workspace and also tabs that you close. It also allows you to quickly move a tab that you are currently viewing into any other space - whether it's open or closed. Great for when you find yourself opening a tab out of context with what you are currently working on and want to come back to it later. Spaces was developed to help users that tend to have way too many tabs open in a chrome window. It encourages you to move tabs that are not immediately relevant into a different, more appropriate space - thus removing it from your current window. This keeps your chrome session manageable - both visually and from a memory perspective. Isn't this essentially just bookmarks with folders? Yeah, pretty much - but who uses bookmarks?
- (2021-02-22) Sky Turtle: LOVE THIS I absolutely love being able to organize temporary windows for different groups of tabs. Working on one topic window at a time while putting a placeholder on the rest is awesome. Make sure to backup periodically!
- (2021-02-05) Kate Tan: Guys it was working wonderfully but its recently been closing tabs for no reason and now i've lost a bunch of important sites! Please please update this and fix this bug.
- (2020-11-18) Kamil Kuliczkowski: One of my key extensions to keep up with the high efficiency work while working with multiple windows with multiple tabs. Must have!
- (2020-11-01) Rob Hadingham: Huge time saver. The best chrome extension I use. I'd like shortcuts, but then I'd have to give 6 stars.
- (2020-10-09) Gerard Meszaros: Great Idea. Too bad it doesn't work. Cannot find any documentation. DOesn't appear in the toolbar. Finally found the separate Spaces window. Tried to edit the name of one of the spaces. Pencil icon changes name to an input field but it disappears within 1-2 seconds and anything typed into it is ignored.
- (2020-10-01) Rosalyn Darcy: I've been a heavy user of Spaces for well over a year. I'm learning new efficiencies with this tool with practice. Thank you for this invaluable tool. Enhancement Requests: 1) All closed spaces windows continue to use memory as the app remembers all of the tabs in closed Spaces windows. Would be better to just store the URLs for the tabs of closed windows, like in the export, rather than keeping them alive in the background. 2) I have separate computers at home and office, and move between them. While portable by exporting Spaces, then importing them on another machine, it would be much more helpful to have the Spaces data stored in the cloud, perhaps as part of the Chrome profile, so it can automatically update any machine worked on. 3)A search feature on Spaces Management would be very nice. I've been using "Find" in the browser window to locate my windows, but an integrated search would be more efficient.
- (2020-10-01) Aurelien Bard: Exactly what I needed for so long. Exactly!
- (2020-09-12) Texas NightOwl: To name a window you have to click the edit name icon, quickly type a letter and hit enter. You have about a quarter of a second after entering a character to hit enter for it to take. You then have to repeat this process for each character of the name and it takes 4 to 7 attempts to enter each character. So to name a window Shopping, it takes about 40 attempts to get it done. Only good thing is I keep the same set of windows open all the time. Still haven't checked to see if this has to be done everytime Chrome is restarted.
- (2020-08-27) eileen: Incredible extension! A lifesaver at work.
- (2020-08-13) James Mason: Useful extension. Developer has been active lately, making improvements to deal with changes to Chrome.
- (2020-08-05) Fulvio Di Stefano: Extension bien faite! merci!!!
- (2020-08-01) Michael G Stauffer: Simple and very effective. It makes using chrome easier and cleaner every day for me, with all the windows I have open dedicated to different projects. I love how quick it is to open a saved window using the hot key, and to name and save new windows. Only issue is that when I reopen a window it's very very wide and I can't figure out a way to change that.
- (2020-07-04) Szymon Jastrzębowski: It is my favorite extension. If you have always open the tens of the tabs then this extension is for you. You can add the name of the web browser window, close it and all tabs will be saved. When you would like to continue work on the particular task then just open the "Space" and all tabs which you need will be restored. Now instead of 10 windows with tens of tabs I have open one - two on which I currently working.
- (2020-04-16) Nikolai Smetannikov: Great product. Not sure if it's possible, but having spaces with have some kind of a visual indicators attached to them (some color somewhere, possibly visible with peripheral vision) would make it so much better!
- (2020-04-15) Keith Fawcett: This along with the Great Suspender are amazing! Not sure how I went so long without them. Now if it could somehow sync Spaces between machines it would be a total package! :)
- (2020-04-15) Evan Tidd: I absolutely live by this Chrome Extension... it has helped me maintain context on different projects incredibly well, and conserve machine resources by getting Tabs out of my way when I don't need them.
- (2020-04-15) Ivan Boychuk: Great space management! I love how it is done: Simple and Productive! I fell in love with the hotkeys, the only one to add is to have a hotkey to manage spaces! The developers are doing right!
- (2020-04-06) Ondra Hrách: Helps me organize my work in a very simple and efficient way! Don't forget to set and use shortcuts.
- (2020-04-04) J V: It's the only solution I've been able to find for easily labeling and managing multiple windows for the side by side workflow I use daily. I see some reviews complaining about it but I see they were written in 2015 or 2016 so I think these complaints are no longer valid with the current version. There are some more features I would like added but that's not a complaint, just an observation.
- (2020-03-27) Tia Addina: amazing! im a cs student and this is a great way to not have a hundred stackoverflow/wikipedia/manpage tabs on a single window as I troubleshoot something. the extension itself is swift and responsive. thanks so much for making this.
- (2020-03-06) Jay Damon: An incredibly useful extension that enables me to easily manage all the web pages I access on a regular basis. I currently have 12 workspaces with approximately 8 to 12 tabs per workspace. I would have rated it at 5 stars if it would do the following: 1) Discard the "Quick switch spaces" on the dropdown menu and move all available workspace names to the main dropdown menu to eliminate an unnecessary mouse click. Move "Manage spaces" and "Move active tab" to the bottom of the new menu. 2) Retain at reasonable history of each workspace tab - say the last 5 web pages. Currently, the history is lost if the workspace window is closed and re-opened.
- (2020-02-12) Evan Kaplan: Really amazing especially now that backup has been fixed! Makes organizing the browser way easier. I have a window/space for each project and meeting to organize things. I can close unneeded windows and then bring them back up by using the shortcut to type in the name of the window/space I need.
- (2020-02-12) Al Avery: Works well for me. Having a keyboard shortcut to open up a list of custom named window sets is a big time saver. It would be great (although not sure if possible) if the list in the Window menu could display the custom named sets.
- (2020-02-08) Valentin Degenne: By the design I'd say this extension is made by only one person who is enthusiast about making using computers easier. I think the design could be better and for instance you'd expect the popup (from shifting space shortcut) to pop out from the cursor location. These are just small details but this extension is really nice to be honest, I just wanted a very simple tool to switch between windows (called "space" in this module) and it just works and get the job done without even trying to pretend to do everything. Nice.
- (2020-01-02) Mike Brailer: A quite useful extension. One complaint: The app icon that appears in the Chromebook "shelf" area should not be black, because this makes it impossible to see against the black background.
- (2019-11-27) Remco Douma: I love it! But dark mode plz
- (2019-11-11) gothama karunarathne: I was looking for a extension like this for a long time. With shortcut key Shift+Cmd+S can easily switch between Window spaces. Really like it. Hope the developer can improve the spaces window UI for a more cleaner look. Thanks!
- (2019-10-31) Freddy Tables: Doesn't recognise all tabs in a window, overview feels cluttered. Great idea, poorly implemented.
- (2019-08-26) Heinrich Storch: The idea is cool. Absolutely. I have numerous suggestions for improvements of the UI (which is not thought through from an ergonomic point of view) 1) Provide a better communication channel for providing feedback and bug reports than just the chrome extension rating area 2) Cannot sort the sequence in which the spaces are presented 3) When I am active inside of a window I would like to have that space focused in the spaces window. Currently the selection and marking is not adjusted to focused windows. 4) When editing the name of a window this must be immediately reflected in the spaces window. Currently I have to close and reopen it again. 5) When I click a window in the list of open spaces, this windows tab names are listed. However for raising this window I cannot do this with a double click but have to move my mouse to the right-arrow icon in the title. 6) The name of a space should be shown in the respective window (without having to click somewhere into the extension icon). A titlebar of footer bar would be nice. 7) You should definitely have the project on github and allow for issues, bug reports and user contributions. 8) Monetarization is fine for me, I am happy to pay, but for this I should get what I want (and this includes quite a list of user interface improvements AND the possibility to communicate with the developers better AND to do at least adaptions of the UI myself in an open source setting)
- (2019-07-29) Xin Guan: This extension replaces all my other extensions to manage tabs / windows /sessions, great work, thank you. I now open a separate window for each work item I work on, and no longer worry losing any of them when compute inevitably restarts.
- (2019-07-23) Jason Burns: With the 2019 update, this is an excellent extension that has allowed me to truly organise the multiple projects/interests I work on. Its great to be able to save a bunch of web pages, be able to close them, and open them again anytime i'm ready. handy option: Would be handy when opening a space that all the tabs don't all load at once though as it can drain the network a bit. Not a massive issue although i do have several spaces where i have 30+ tabs saved. Perhaps the option to load the tab when clicking on it or bringing it into focus? handy option: When working on multiple monitors the 'Manage Spaces' window nearly always opens on a monitor other than the one that im working on. Would be better if it opened on the same monitor where i click on the manage spaces option. a little testing showed it always opens on the 'top and left monitor'. I have arrangements on several pcs with 2, 3 and 4 monitors. handy option: move multiple tabs at once to another space bug(with work around): In the first few days of using this extension, i had the whole computer freeze and the fan going to maximum speed(indicating the cpu was max'd out) two times each, on two separate computers. The power button/reset the only way out of this even after leaving one of the pcs for 30mins to try and sort itself out. It happened only when i was moving tabs from one space to another. There were several 'unnamed' spaces at the time, and i was moving a tab from one unnamed space to another unnamed space. Ive since named every new tab BEFORE attempting to move tabs between spaces and the problem hasn't re-occured. Its worked flawlessly since ive done this. keep up the good work!
- (2019-07-10) Jeff Langston: Couldn't rename windows as every time i clicked renamed the text field was deselected. So the main feature I wanted to use this extension for didn't work.
- (2019-06-24) Roman Temnenko: After a restart for windows update, the extension lost all saved spaces. Unreliable.
- (2019-05-16) Albert Eberli: Genau was ich gesucht habe.
- (2019-05-03) Kevin Fitzpatrick: Doesn't support separate login sessions :( Was looking for something comparable to Spaces in Firefox
- (2019-04-23) Andrew Mellor: This app at least doubles my workflow on a daily basis - I love it! I have to work (like many others) on multiple projects at once, all of which require multiple Chrome tabs. This allows me to close any spaces that are not currently relevant and come straight back to them when I need them again. The tabs within each space also update dynamically so they always reflect the current working state. Wonderful!!
- (2019-04-03) ben: Probably the most helpful chrome extensions for me. It solve one of my first need : being able to give a name to chrome maximised windows. Apple could juste allow us to name spaces but it seems they are not hearing us ( i'm not alone here...)
- (2019-03-20) How do i share this with my friends?
- (2019-03-11) Óscar: Not working. I installed it in Vivaldi and all tabs appear empty after switch between spaces.
- (2019-03-08) Scott Longley: It's pretty useful, but I really wish I could tell which "space" I'm looking at without having to click anything.
- (2019-03-02) Янис Мухаметшин: все было бы здорово, если бы оно не подсовывало фишинг-редирект. например меня начало пересылать с aliexpress.com на dereferer.com, и об этом в расширении нигде не говорится. будте осторожны!
- (2018-12-17) I love this extension. I'm a software developer and that means having to google a huge range of things every day. This thing allows me to group up those searches and keep everything organized. Another subtly nice thing about it is that it easy allows you bring chrome windows back up if Chrome gets killed or you accidentally close a window. I have to intentionally kill Chrome to get some stuff working occasionally and this extension allows me quickly bring my windows back up afterward.
- (2018-11-24) Erik Alcala Salero: Why so many good extensions have been abandoned ?
- (2018-10-14) Kelsey Skaarva: Wouldn't be able to do my job without this extension! I am frequently working on different tasks at once and I like to have one chrome window open for each task with tabs specific to that task open in that window. The problem I was having is that I would have to search through each window to find the correct one when switch to a new task. Spaces allows me to title each window, and see a list of the windows I have open by title. It also allows you to open the window from the space manager as well as restore closed windows and/or tabs. This allows me to multitask much more efficiently.
- (2018-10-12) Colin Gajraj: So far so good. Does what I needed it to do - i.e. organize my windows with a name for each!
- (2018-08-29) suraj bonagiri: I trusted you and now lost all my tabs. It just doesnt show my spaces anymore. If you can't deliver a service properly, don't do it. Now atleast tell me does it save a config file or something in the system somewhere?
- (2018-05-13) Max Kargl: Good , but needs more features: 1 Click Save-All (without overwrite warning)
- (2018-04-26) Youssef Habboubi: Keep up the good work. I've missed being able to easily sort my windows like I used to in Firefox and having moved to Chrome I haven't been able to easily do that until now. its good app
- (2018-03-06) Muhammad Sulaiman Yusuf: How do I add new space. There is any button todo it in my manage windows
- (2018-02-07) ryan l: I just have to say this is an incredible extension for multiple monitors! When integrated with the Window Manager extension (flawlessly) it provides an incredible powerful and intuitive process of organizing Chrome's tabs/windows. Small adjustment needed in thought process - ie DON'T open a new tab - go to Spaces/Window Manager - BUT - very worth it in the end. Makes Chrome so much more powerful! A truly excellent extension and I would say 'must' for multiple monitor users. PS. Some reviews appear out of date - ie you CAN load spaces from the toolbar... (and BTW on a MAC you CAN merge Spaces into another fullscreen window so it acts like a launchpad - so cool!)
- (2021-02-21, v:1.1.3) bob f: Doesn't seem to support tab groups
Re-opening a window in which I have defined some Chrome tab groups results in all tabs in all groups being shown, but no groups.
- (2021-02-16, v:1.1.3) Sarah Chien: Spaces suddenly erased?
Hi Spaces, I live by your extension, storing tabs for different work projects. This weekend I closed my chrome windows for work, and today when I went to reopen I noticed they were all gone from Spaces! It's like I erased all spaces. What could have happened? Is there anyway to see my old spaces? I often use the same tab groups for months at a time- I've never had everything disappear. Anything I can do? Thanks, Sarah
- (2021-02-07, v:1.1.3) Wayne Smallman: Tab groups?
Hi! Do you have plans to support tab groups?
- (2021-01-10, v:1.1.3) 朱凯豪: How to set popup window's position on the screen?
I love this extension! However currently the popup window is always displaying on the right-bottom corner on my screen, which is usually far away from my cursor. Is there any option to config its display position? Or to remember its last position before closed. Thanks!
- (2020-11-10, v:1.1.3) Luiz Fernando Cruz: Recently closed tabs
Hi There! Is there a way to clear the recently closed tabs history? Couldn't find a way to do it :( but I love this extension :D
- (2020-10-12, v:1.1.3) Dr. Aprille Trupiano: Spaces are all gone!!
Opened up my spaces this morning and 100% of my spaces are gone! Poof! What happened? How do I recover these? FYI, I had tried backup in the past but it never did anything. Just stuck in loading loop until it stopped so I never was able to backup.
- (2020-10-10, v:1.1.3) Zachary Crane: Spaces Icon in Taskbar no longer standalone
Before I updated Windows 10, the Spaces icon in my taskbar would let me click it and open the Spaces interface as its own window. And when I was on another window, and wanted to get back, I just clicked the Spaces icon again and it went back to the open Spaces session. After the W10 update, if I click the Spaces icon in the Taskbar it just goes to my Chrome browser window and opens a new tab and displays Spaces. Even if I already have another one open. Is that fixable? The main benefit of Spaces for me was to click the Spaces icon and not have to sort through 7 open Chrome windows. But if I have to look through 7 of them to find Spaces it kind of defeats the purpose. Am I missing an option to flip or is this a W10 update that needs addressed?
- (2020-10-09, v:1.1.3) Gerard Meszaros: Cannot rename workspaces
Installed Spaces into Chromes on Windows 10. Had trouble figuring out how to renames windows. Finally stumbled onto the Spaces window. Tried clicking on the Edit pencil. "Unnamed window" changes into an input field for about 2 seconds and then goes back to "Unnamed window". Even if I manage to type a few letters into the field, when it disappears, the name doesn't stick.
- (2020-09-16, v:1.1.3) Bradley Ryan: How to Move Tabs to Another Window
Hi I couldn't find any help articles or tutorials about how to use your extension. I love it! 1. Can you tell me how to move a tab from one window to another? 2. Is there a way to merge 2 windows together? 3. Is there a way to get the name of the window to also show up when I right click on my browser icon at the bottom of the screen so I can see window names there too? Thank you for all you do! Brad
- (2020-09-11, v:1.1.3) Ron Czarnecki: Saving Chrome Groups
I have started to use the Group feature but when I close chrome the groups go away. I still have all my tabs which is great. Will this extension be able to save the created Groups the tabs are put under in the future?
- (2020-08-01, v:1.1.3) Michael G Stauffer: size of re-opened Spaces window
Sorry if I've contacted you about this before, I can't remember fully. For some reason most of my spaces open up with a really wide window. I've tried resizing the window and renaming the space but that doesn't help. Is there some way to do this? Please add memory of the window size when a spaces window is closed. Otherwise...AWESOME extension! It really makes things a lot easier for me every day. I'd pay for it FWIW, in case you're considering that.
- (2020-07-28, v:1.1.3) Jojo Cruz: Backup file location
Hello Spaces Devs - I need to recover the backup file for the Spaces Utility from a former employee's laptop. What is the file path for this backup? Sincerely, Jojo Cruz Help Desk Manager New Relic, Portland OR
- (2020-07-27, v:1.1.3) Ivy Engel: Spaces Vanished
I just got onto Chrome for the first time in a couple days and it appears all of my saved spaces have vanished! Fortunately I was able to rescue two because I still had them open when I noticed this issue, but I've lost several other ones! I have no idea why the spaces deleted. Is there a way to get them back?? Otherwise, I love this extension! It helps me actually close everything on my computer and shut it down at night when before I'd leave windows open for days at a time.
- (2020-07-23, v:1.1.3) Jonathan Cross: Please tell people it is Open Source!
Hello, I almost dismissed this extension because there is no mention of Open Source or a GitHub link in the description. Google search didn't reveal it either. A user comment luckily alerted me to the repo: https://github.com/deanoemcke/spaces -- please make this easier for your users by adding it to the description ;-)
- (2020-07-20, v:1.1.3) Andy Jolly: space won't delete
I can't delete a few spaces. I renamed them and tried again but nothing. Help would be appreciated.
- (2020-07-15, v:1.1.3) Seminari Roma: Shortcuts
hi I use your extension in chrome and Cmd-Shift-S gives the list of spaces nicely on Chrome. However it does not work in Vivaldi, which uses all Chrome extensions and usually does it with no problem. As far as I know the shortcut is not linked to anything in my Vivaldi, so it should available for the spaces list. In this respect I would like to ask if you think is possible to use this extension on Vivaldi too. Furthermore I think it would be nice to be able to personalize this shortcut, can it be done?
- (2020-06-29, v:1.1.3) Michael G Stauffer: resize spaces windows
For some reason most of my spaces open up with a really wide window. I've tried resizing the window and renaming the space but that doesn't help. Please add memory of the window size when a spaces window is closed. Otherwise...AWESOME extension!
- (2020-06-15, v:1.1.3) bob f: Dark mode please
That'd be great.
- (2020-06-08, v:1.1.3) Gary Kuipers: I have been using Spaces for a long time, today they are all gone
When I started Chrome on Ubuntu 18 today all the saved spaces are gone. The only thing I did differently is not use the [ Restore ] button when Chrome came up. I rebooted the machine and the problme persists. Where is the spaces information stored? I would like to try to get those back please
- (2020-05-28, v:1.1.3) Dale Smith: All Spaces Have Disappeared from Some Profiles
After the latest Chrome update, about half of my Chrome Profiles have completely empty Spaces that should contain hundreds of entries. I have no reason to suspect that the Spaces data isn't still on my hard drive somewhere in the Profile folder. Is there any way to fix this? To somehow recover the Spaces data that was there before the Chrome update? NOTE: The Profiles experiencing this problem are only the ones that were active at the time Chrome updated itself. The inactive Profiles have Spaces data as normal.
- (2020-05-06, v:1.1.3) Amber Chen: How to deleted a named space
Hi, I created a space for work and now the work is done. How can I remove the existed space without naming it something else for another project?
- (2020-05-06, v:1.1.3) Kultur Chefen: Window size is not stored?
When I resize and reposition a Chrome window and then reopen it normally it opens in the last known size and position. When I do the same in Spaces it always opens with some kind of default position and size. It would be great if Spaces could remember the window size and its position.
- (2020-04-29, v:1.1.3) Tim Hockin: Can't edit space names
When I click the pencil, it opens the edit box, but then the edit box auto-closes 1-2 seconds later.
- (2020-04-29, v:1.1.3) Gerhard Schmid: Where does Saces store the information
Hi, Where does Saces store the information? I need to restore from a Time Machine Backup.. Spaces is one of the best extentions! Many thanks for sharing. Best, Gerhard
- (2020-04-21, v:1.1.3) Gareth Jones: Icon
Hiya Love your app it's a total lifesaver: 2 Things - can you make the pinned to taskbar icon the opposite colour (white) so it's more obvious? It's hard to see. Suggest when you click on it it just gives you the "quick switch" and then has a settings button top right to do the other things. The shortcut is good but it's quite awkard to press quickly. I assume using tab is out of the question?
- (2020-04-12, v:1.1.3) bob f: Couple more suggestions
1. Save As for Spaces. 2. Ability to move multiple tabs at a time to a new Space.
- (2020-04-11, v:1.1.3) bob f: Toolbar icon visibility
The toolbar icon is almost impossible to see when Chrome is using a dark theme.
- (2020-04-11, v:1.1.3) bob f: More suggestions
1. A number of tabs next to each Space in the Manage Spaces window indicating how many tabs each contains. 2. A means of reordering / sorting the Spaces in the Manage Spaces window.
- (2020-04-10, v:1.1.3) bob f: Manage spaces window as tab?
It would be nice if the Manage Spaces pane would open in a tab in the current window rather than a separate window.
- (2020-04-10, v:1.1.3) bob f: Great session management at last: Two suggestions
1. Please add shortcuts to spaces directly on panel accessed via the extension icon. I.e. remove necessity to click first on Manage Space. 2. Dark mode please.
- (2020-04-01, v:1.1.3) Eric Brewer: Multiple Chrome accounts help
It would be great to be able to color code the "Spaces" windows so that they look different for different Chrome accounts. I typically use 2-3 accounts, which means I have to install spaces 3 times. That part is fine, but I can't see all account together and instead have three windows that looks essentially the same (I mean the mint green window used to manage spaces). Different colors would help a lot, although not a as mush as merging the 3 spaces onto one super window (even if using iframes).
- (2020-03-27, v:1.1.3) David: Feature requests
Awesome extension. Two features I really miss: 1. I would like to see all spaces immediately if I click the spaces icon, to be able to switch and open saved spaces quickly. The extra click on "manage spaces" seems highly unnecessary. "Tag Manager Plus" does this very well. 2. The Chrome window in the window manager should change it's title to the name of the space. I often use the windows window manager to switch between chrome windows, and there there is no indication of which space each window has open, it only says the title of the current tab of each window. If your project is open source I would be more than happy to try to implement these features myself.
- (2020-03-25, v:1.1.3) Gabriel Rosujovsky: Problem opening a window lost all tabs
I opened a window ando i dont know what happenend but in all the tabs appeared the folowing line and I lost all the pages. chrome-extension://cenkmofngpohdnkbjdpilgpmbiiljjim/ Is there any way to recover them? Thanks
- (2020-03-19, v:1.1.3) J V: feature question
Hi, Spaces has greatly improved my day to day work flow. Is there a way to sort windows alphabetically permanently or is it always sorted by last used? Or some other way I don't understand. Thank you, Jose
- (2020-03-19, v:1.1.3) Amit Buchman: Transferring/syncing spaces
Hey, Is it possible to transfer all the spaces from one device to another? Importing and exporting doesn't seem to work. It is under the same gmail account as well.
- (2020-03-17, v:1.1.3) Carlos FEHR: Merging Spaces
Can you merge two spaces into one?
- (2020-03-06, v:1.1.3) Jay Damon: Enhancements I would like to see
This is an excellent Chrome extension. However, I would hope you would consider adding the following enhancements: 1) Discard the "Quick switch spaces" on the dropdown menu and move all available workspace names to the main dropdown menu to eliminate an unnecessary mouse click. Move "Manage spaces" and "Move active tab" to the bottom of the new menu. 2) Retain at lease a reasonable history of each workspace tab - say a minimum of 5 web pages. Currently, the history is lost if the workspace window is closed and re-opened.
- (2020-02-24, v:1.1.3) Anton Iakimov: Brave move keyboard shortcut
Is the any workaround for Brave browser and move keyboard shortcut (cmd+shift+m)? Thanks for great extension, it helps a lot!
- (2020-02-13, v:1.1.3) Jeff Close: Would love to be able to persist spaces across client machines
It would be great to be able to share whole Spaces dictionaries across machines easily. There are a number of different mechanisms that could be used to do this. The alternative is that I have to export each space I have, send all those files to another machine (by copying or by email), and then re-import them and rename them on the new machine. Very painful.
- (2020-02-07, v:1.1.3) Вася Пупкин: Open Spaces problem
There is a problem with the extension. Sometimes, when loading the browser, not all windows open (sometimes due to unsafe shutdown of the computer, sometimes for unknown reasons). Then the windows that don't open remain in the "Open Spaces" section of the extension. I can't delete or restore them from this section. I have to export them, then import them back and give them a new name. If the name matches, I get a message that this window with the same name is already open, although in reality it is not. Please add the ability to restore and delete windows from the "Open Spaces" section.
- (2020-01-31, v:1.1.2) Gilbert Pilz: Move active tab to closed space
Version: 1.1.2 Browser: Chrome 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build)(64-bit) OS: macOS 10.13.6 Starting with a situation in which I have a number of spaces; some open, some closed. I select "Spaces --> Move active tab" and select one of the closed spaces. The extension moves the currently active tab to the next open space, not the space I selected.
- (2020-01-31, v:1.1.2) Gilbert Pilz: Need help?
Do you need help supporting and/or enhancing this extension? I'm a developer with over 30 years of experience. My current job doesn't offer me much chance to scratch my coding itch, so I thought I could help fix some of the bugs on my favorite Chrome extension.
- (2020-01-23, v:1.1.1) Huan Hock Lim: Import Spaces or URLs
Dear SuspensionLabs, I love this product but unfortunately I had to reformat my computer recently and cannot restore the Spaces that I have saved before reformatting. Copy and pasting the entire .json file into the "import" only loads the very first space. Can you fix this? Thank you!
- (2020-01-22, v:1.1.1) Giovanni Leboffe: Restore backup
Ho correttamente salvato tutti i miei "Spaces" ma quando ho provato a ricuperarli, non succede nulla. Dove ho sbagliato? Se si, qual'è la procedura esatta per ricuperare gli "Spaces"? La mia versione è 1.1.1 Grazie
- (2020-01-16, v:1.1.1) Daniel Vagg: Spaces no longer saving the "pinned" state of tabs.
Recently (I don't know when exactly) restoring a saved Space will restore all the tabs to a non-pinned state. They seem to be in the correct order, but I usually have a lot of pinned tabs and some non-pinned for different workspaces. Is this a bug or a design decision?
- (2020-01-15, v:1.1.1) Zee M Kane: Option to move to new window when moving a tab
I love the move tab feature but often I want to keep working on that tab in the window I've moved the tab to... could that please be an option? Absolutely incredible extension. Thank you.
- (2020-01-10, v:1.1.1) Jason Burns: Cant move active tab to the correct space with mouse anymore
I cant move a tab to a new space using a mouse. Clicking on 'Move active Tab' give me a drop down list as usual, but using the mouse to select a new destination space no longer works. Clicking on any new destination space will just move the tab to the top space in the drop down list. Using the keyboard to select the new destination space does work. Just not the mouse. Hope this helps
- (2020-01-07, v:1.1.1) Jason Burns: a small bug
A small bug. Hopefully this will help the developer and/or anyone that finds it. I dont think it will affect too many people as you will read below. I found it on two machines. One running Ubuntu 18.04 with 2 monitors, and the other running Ubuntu 19.04 with 6 monitors. My pc wouldnt wake from sleep. This, (and the bug), happened repeatedly on the Ubuntu 18.04 machine until i loaded the correct video drivers and has never happened again. Its happened only twice on the ubuntu 19.10 machine. I had to reset my pc. I restarted chrome. I clicked on the chrome popup window to restore the previous session(about 8 chrome windows). One of my spaces that was previously open was now in the closed spaces list, but, there was a duplicate called 'unnamed' in the open spaces? The duplicate unnamed space wasnt a perfect duplicate though. The unnamed space had an extra window added automatically at the top of the list by chrome. it was a message about sprucemarks, another extension i have installed. it had a list of the active tabs that were previously open in that space, but the recently closed tabs was empty. thats it. doesnt affect me much but its a bug that may be helpful to the developer. thanks again for a great extension :)
- (2019-12-31, v:1.1.1) Jason Burns: Include Recently closed tabs in the backup/export
Firstly. Love this extension. Its the most useful extension ive ever used. Great for grouping related websites together and for easy access to a site when i want to find it again. I dont know about anyone else but i find i use the recently closed tabs all the time.. When i open a space, i dont aways want every tab in it to open up. I could have 50 useful tabs that i will refer back to, so keeping most of them in a the recently closed tabs is useful. that way every time i open the space i dont load 50 tabs, just the most recent, and then have the option to scan through recently closed tabs for the pages i need. Issue 1. Exporting does not save the recently closed tabs/. I found this out the hard way when i reinstalled ubuntu 18.04 recently. the backup didnt contain half of my tabs. Luckily i had an disk image backup that i was a week old but contained most of my lost spaces. I now backup my chrome extensions folder daily. For anyone using Ubuntu(probably same for other Debian and other distros) the location of spaces info is at this folder ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/IndexedDB/chrome-extension_cenkmofngpohdnkbjdpilgpmbiiljjim_0.indexeddb.leveldb/ Its easily backed up as often as needed and restoring is a matter of shutting down chrome, and dropping the backed up files into that dir. Issue 2. not so much an issue as an unkown. How long do tabs stay in the recently closed tabs section before being deleted? Id love them to stay forever and give me the option to manually remove them from the list, OR, manually move them (using the 'move active tab') to a 'To Be Removed' or 'Recycle' Space Id love it if everyone found recently closed tabs useful so it may be worth the developers time to include it in backups/exports. If theres a dontation process for the developer then count me in. cheers for a fantastic extension.
- (2019-12-27, v:1.1.1) Вася Пупкин: Не открываются сохраненные окна
Открываю плагин, захожу в "Options". Выбираю нужное окно. Наверху вкладки плагина отображается название выбранного окна и стрелка указывающая направо. Нажимаю стрелку и ничего не происходит. Ранее всё работало без нареканий.