Tune Gmail by hiding the top navigation. Easily turned on and off through an icon in addressbar. It works with Google Calendar too.
This Google chrome extension which makes more room for mails by converting Gmail into a two-pane navigation scheme. To access controls hidden in 2-Pane mode, click the icon in the addressbar. Now it works for Google Calendar as well. Enjoy!
- (2012-03-24) Scott Kingery: This is pretty nice. Does what it says, collapses the top of GMail and moves everything up. If there was a way for it to expand into the newly created free space at the bottom of the screen it would be really useful.
- (2012-03-23) Todd King: Just installed but so far so good. Any chance for a GCal version?
- (2012-01-17) Yes! It does what it says it will do... gives you more room. More room is good!
- (2012-01-09) Alpesh Naik: nice dude, keep it up
- (2016-07-11, v:0.9) Josh Peck: gmail works, calendar does not
The extension works in gmail. But when tried with calendar, the menu appears like a right click.
- (2015-11-01, v:0.9) Colm Cronin-Mallamo: It work in Gmail but for a while now, not in Google calendar
It work in Gmail but for a while now, not in Google calendar
- (2014-06-18, v:0.8) Graeme Smith: 2-pane has stopped working
Have used 2-pane for a couple of months - really helpful It stopped working a few weeks ago on both my PC and my Chromebook. Is there a problem?
- (2012-11-25, v:0.6) Hamish MacEwan: Pop-out Composition Window is blanked
With 2-Pane enabled, shift-Compose, using the pop-out button or clicking on an email address in a GMail message results in the pop-out appearing, being filled out, and then blanked. Disabling 2-Pane resulted in expected behaviour occurring.