Hit the snooze button on your Chrome desktop notifications!
Have you ever wished you could turn off Chrome's desktop notifications for a few minutes or hours? Maybe you're suffering from notification fatigue. Maybe you're about to demo something on your computer and don't want your coworkers to bear witness to your spouse's gushy 'I love youuuuuuu' messages or your crass friend's NSFW jokes. (I'm assuming I'm not the only one with these problems. lol) Well, now you can! Chrome Do Not Disturb will disable desktop notifications for a specified amount of time and then turn them back on for you automatically. Easy peasy. ===== THE FINE PRINT ===== As of the current version of this extension (v0.5.1 and up), "Allow All" is no longer used. When Do Not Disturb is enabled, all notifications will be blocked. However, when Do Not Disturb is disabled, Chrome will simply revert back to your default notification setting, which usually is set to "Ask". That means if you've blocked a site's notifications, they will remain permanently blocked regardless of whether Do Not Disturb is on or off. Further, when Do Not Disturb is off, you will always be asked before notifications are displayed for a particular website. Release History: https://github.com/refactorsaurusrex/ChromeDND/releases FAQ: https://github.com/refactorsaurusrex/ChromeDND/wiki/FAQ
- (2020-04-09) Lloyd Jackman: This has been a life saver for me when I am presenting my browser on WebEx to avoid those embarrassing personal pop-ups. Very pleased to have found it and recommend regularly!
- (2019-06-16) Gerlando Lo Savio: Useful to stop notifications for a while.
- (2019-06-05) Adam Reece: This is a useful add-on to have in the office, particularly if you need some focus time, or if you're on lunch and don't want to be bombarded with work issues. The only thing I feel is missing is a custom time to set, particularly as there isn't much choice for short-delay DND. 20 minutes to 1 hour is not sufficient, ideally there should be options for 10, 15, 30, and 45, though I appreciate that would make the list much longer, so a custom input (or customisable times list) would be best.
- (2019-05-26) Paulan van Nes: I like the sun and moon icons, easy interface and how it also blocks notifications from the Checker Plus for Google Calendar extension. Unfortunately, it doesn't block notifications from the Checker Plus for gmail extension. I only tried a few times so maybe I am wrong, but that kills the use for me since I only have these 2 extensions whose notifications I want to mute. With or without this extension, I need to mute 2 separate extensions. An idea for future development is to include an option to specify your own duration to snooze notifications.
- (2018-06-24) Shaun Cheon: It would be better if it clicked "deny" on sites that ask for permission by default. It is also lacking a permanent snooze duration option, which is annoying because if I want the notification permission popups to be permanently blocked, I will have to click snooze every 24 hours. It would be much better if the extension had a toggle that lets you turn it on for an unspecified duration.
- (2018-01-29) Xavier Barnes: Allows every website to notify you by default and enforces this permission in settings. This is either a terrible bug or some shady user selling.
- (2017-11-16) Adam: it doesn't work, i am still getting Chrome notifications. Please fix :/
- (2017-10-17) Not sure what this is supposed to do.
- (2017-06-22) Philipp Munin: It was not only not blocking all notification, but It auto-subscribed for all websites that provides notifications. usually when you go to web site with notifications Chrome asks you if you want to allow notifications from here or not. But with this Extension on - it immediately showed "Thank's for subscription" - and then showed every notification from those web-site.
- (2017-05-20) Gabriel Fonseca: I have been searching for something like this for a while. Dude, it's really a remarkable work
- (2017-05-09) Mathieu Dumoulin: Big problem with it, it forces all notifications to be allowed by all sites you visit when enabled and then when you click on the snooze button it mutes everything. If it kept the current setting "All" vs "Ask" instead, it would be perfect!
- (2017-04-18) Stephen Rubio: This works great for websites within Chrome, but doesn't seem to mute chrome apps like Signal messenger. Is there a way to do that?
- (2017-03-16) John Mason-Smith: Very responsive developer! A few bugs, but mostly does everything you'd expect. Love the interface!
- (2017-03-07) Surya: By far the best Do not disturb extension that exists on chrome webstore. I'm surprised that chrome does not ship "Do not disturb" as a core feature. I was initially skeptical about privacy due to the permissions that were required for the extension. But then I looked at the source code for the extension that was available on Github, it looks alright.
- (2017-02-15) Nick Spreitzer: I'm not only the main developer, I'm also a user. (Yes - that was a Hair Club For Men reference.)
- (2020-02-20, v:0.5.2 beta) Justin Boie: Scheduler needed
Could you please add a scheduling function so that I can turn do not disturb on automatically at specified times? If this is possible please let me know and I will install it and beta test for you.
- (2018-04-04, v:0.4 beta) Maria Steger: not working :-(
I am still getting notifications from "Notifier for Gmail". :-(
- (2018-03-29, v:0.4 beta) Alerts from Blocked Notifications
Like Toni below, I'm getting alerts from EVERY site that I've been to that has notification option. So, now I'm getting TONS of notifications when CDND is not actively blocking. I appreciate your work on this, Nick. When you get the time, please resolve this bug. Would be huge
- (2017-12-18, v:0.4 beta) Toni Paloniemi: Blocked notifications show up
After installing this extension I noticed that when I have not snoozed notifications, I get notifications from sites that I have blocked in Chrome. I would like that this app respected the settings in Chrome or am I doing something wrong?
- (2017-10-29, v:0.4 beta) Jeroen Corthout: "Ask" as default
Hi Nick! I see "Allow all" is not a thing anymore, so hoping it would work with "Ask" by default. I'd really love an extension like this one... Cheers, Jeroen
- (2017-09-27, v:0.4 beta) Eyal Amir: Half hour
Would it be possible add 30 minute snooze (20 minutes is too short for me and 1 hour is too long)? Or a custom snooze interval would be amazing!
- (2017-05-01, v:0.4 beta) Marvin Bernal: Why access to microphone and geolocation?
I would love to use this but why access to microphone and geolocation?
- (2017-04-13, v:0.4 beta) John Mason-Smith: Extension forces notification settings to "allow all."
I visited a website "baseballnewssource.com" on accident, and now get pop-up ads constantly! Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/L9Xvx Found out that this extension changed my notification settings to "Allow All." Another screenshot: http://imgur.com/CeYOK9z Can you change the default to "Ask" mode?
- (2017-03-15, v:0.4 beta) Nicholas Coles: hotkey
This app is brilliant! One feature that would make it even better is a global hotkey that would stop all notifications and then one to re-enable later on. Just so that I can avoid my personal messages coming up when my boss is stood behind me!
- (2017-03-10, v:0.3 beta) John Mason-Smith: Not compatible with Google Hangouts extension?
I love the idea of your extension, but the number one thing I want to mute is Google Hangouts, which sends alerts through Chrome. The Hangouts extension has its own snooze settings. Think this is something you can fix?