Replaces Y/N & other variables in Reader Insert/second person fics with words of your choice.
InteractiveFics is designed to improve your online story reading experience of second-person "interactive fiction", popular on tumblr, that most commonly uses some variation of "Y/N" to indicate where your character's name should go. If you use this extension, you can enter whatever value you want into it and it will change "Y/N" (and its derivatives, or a special expression if the writer uses another thing to abbreviate the part where the name goes) into that value on all webpages. You can also replace other, unrelated words and expressions to whatever you like. The logo is designed by Oleg Gert (www.oleggert.ru)
- (2021-07-29) Heaven Smith: Literally the best app on the chrome web store
- (2021-07-29) Jc Memeton: Works Like A Charm, thanks
- (2021-07-22) Global Shookie: I loved the extension but every time i change the page, i need to put the name again. Can you put a option to don't desappear?
- (2021-07-21) VisiblyIssy: This overall is such a great extension! The thing is: whenever I use things for other than y/n it confuses it. For instance y/n/n (your nickname) is confused for y/n, so whenever it is y/n/n it looks like my name/n with the extra n at the end since it is confused for y/n/n and y/n. is there a fix for them to not get mixed up?
- (2021-07-18) Zoe: Really great!
- (2021-07-12) River: absolutely amazing
- (2021-07-10) Food Studio: When I first got it, it was working fine. But a few hours later it stopped working.
- (2021-07-09) Maggie Baron: AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING GET THIS RIGHT NOW-
- (2021-07-08) haley glover: I love this extension so much! I only read books on my phone, so I'd love this in an app or mobile version!! <33
- (2021-07-01) Aryshiku Kugazaki: It's a good add on! It'd be nice if you could use it in Presentation mode when working on google slides.
- (2021-05-25) Nour Wafik: Loved it. Very helpful.
- (2021-05-10) ishi ishi: I LOVE THIS SO MUCH OH MY GOD THANK YOU THIS SAVED MY LIFE
- (2021-05-01) Angela González: La ame, me hace meterme más en la lectura e historia.
- (2021-04-27) Mothic Being: To lazy to wright a actuall review so have this: - No bugs - works on every website ive tried - I like it
- (2021-03-02) Dorama Tube: it is good, but whenever I change the page, the name that I put disappears, even if I put the option not to leave.
- (2021-02-25) NEOKITTY: It's very good
- (2021-02-13) BreakfastPasty: I honestly don't know what happened, this extension went from working great to not working at all, Even the basic functions of it aren't working and I haven't changed any of the settings or anything that might result in it shutting down. Reinstalled it twice, still didn't work, As Much as I loved this Extension when it worked I can't give it any more praise.
- (2021-02-09) Allanah Hager: The power you have given me.... i will praise you for all eternity
- (2021-02-04) mar leree: LPM LO AMO mi autoestima: 📈📈📈📈📈📈
- (2021-01-31) Tobi likesflowers: hi there i just wanted if somebody could help me learn how to change pronouns if that option is there it would be really helpful
- (2021-01-18) Alexis McCall: i cant find the tools menu can someone explain please?
- (2021-01-16) Manha Rahman: THIS IS THE BEST EXTENSION EVER!!! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO ASK THE WRITERS FOR A REQUEST, ITS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE (its like im exaggerating but idc)
- (2021-01-16) softapple pie: i love this
- (2021-01-16) Raras Nayeli: really good I like this extension works well on wattpad
- (2021-01-15) renegadefelix: stupid stupid stupid. wasted so much of my time.
- (2021-01-07) Evie: This is a genius idea and makes reading so much better
- (2020-12-02) matilda: HAHA MI EGO GOES 📈📈📈📈📈📈
- (2020-11-25) y n y: This was great for all the reader inserts I read (I used to say "Y/N" and think it was in the third person a lot) so it's helpful overall and the feature to replace other things that aren't Y/N was awesome!
- (2020-11-14) dinosaur: i love this so much! it helped me so much yet, it gets annoying having to refresh it all the time but, other than that i love it!
- (2020-11-13) Kayla Amanda: Total game changer!
- (2020-11-12) Dune: it works!
- (2020-11-06) Iree Kiramatsu: I have no words!! It'w works the way they said it would!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS!! \(^-^)/
- (2020-10-21) Nevar Never: It's great when I'm reading x reader fanfics! it feels more like me and I also love that you can change other things then just Y/N
- (2020-08-21) ALEXANDRA: AMAZING JSJSJJSJS FANGIRLING BECAUSE I CAN FINALLY DO THIS AFTER AGES
- (2020-03-11) Hannah Neo: have been using it for years, thank you
- (2020-03-08) Silver Cheshire: It works really well! I find it a lot easier to read it having my actual name there! (I also kind of like giving characters I don't like names lol). The only problem I have currently is that it constantly resets each time I enter a new page (Via going to the next chapter) I keep having to change it back, which gets kind of tiring. Maybe I've done something wrong? Or perhaps there is a way to fix this problem and ensure that it will stay as I go into others chapters and books?
- (2020-01-05) Caroline Karle: BRO IVE NEEDED THIS FOR FOREVER YOU CAN REPLACE ANYTHING YOU NEED TO PERSONALIZE READER INSERTS
- (2019-06-02) Katherine: Works a treat! :) Makes reading "Reader-Insert" fics waaay easier... AND I can change the names in non-RI fics if I feel so inclined. Winning!
- (2019-01-15) Audrey: This is an awesome extension that I use on a daily basis
- (2018-04-10) Just a little starrish: I like it a lot! Although, I always have to refresh when I go to another chapter as the name I set sets back to y/n, But honestly, even with that it's still really handy!
- (2018-02-18) Annabeth Chase: Amazing, wanted something like this for ages. Works fine for me just have to reset the page sometimes (I have windows 10)
- (2017-05-18) Kim Champion: Was working perfectly up until a few days ago, then I could only type backwards on FB and Twitter. After uninstalling and reinstalling the extension everything seems to work again. Using Chrome version 58.0.3029.110
- (2017-05-17) Erica Morrissey: The extension has been great for months, but started making facebook and emails type backwards last night. Narrowed the problem down to this extension. I'm using a 2016 macbook pro MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 and chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit).
- (2017-05-16) Anarie Jo: Been using this extension for months and never had any problem with it up till now. Like others before me, the text on all my social websites, Facebook, Twitter.. etc started typing backwards for hours and it was extremely frustrating trying to figure it out. But after restarting, I managed to narrow my extensions down to this one causing the problem, so I had it removed and reinstalled and now it's working fine again, which is very strange. Using Windows 10 / Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit). I hope that helps.
- (2017-05-16) Banilla shake: I also, like other reviewers, had trouble writing on Facebook because my text would start writing backwards. I was frustrated, restarted my computer three times, and then finally turned off all my extensions. It turned out this extension, as I slowly turned them back on one at a time, was the cause for this error. I would just like to make this known to those planning to add this extension to Chrome in the future that they might have this same trouble which is provided by a simple solution of turning off this extension.
- (2017-05-12) Kate Davis: I am also having the same problem of typing backwards on fb, twitter etc. and so have had to uninstall. I tried reinstalling but it didn't seem to fix it. My Chrome is 'Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)' and using Windows 10. Just suddenly started happening today.
- (2017-05-11) nessiesgirl: Like a lot of people here, on the new iOS and Chrome update, suddenly everything was writing backwards. My Chrome is "Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)" and my iOS is 10.12.4 (16E195). I hope this helps troubleshoot as this extension was great up until this update!
- (2017-05-07) Moon Fire Goldnight: It was pretty good at first, working like it was shown and said to, but then all my typing was turned backwards on certain parts of cites like Tumblr, Discord, and Facebook. It took forever to figure out that it was the extension hat was causing the problem and it's pretty disappointing. The only way to fix it for me was to remove the extension or disable it. I'm using Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit) of Chrome, if that's any help at all.
- (2017-04-29) Celestia Ludenberg: At first- it was a good extension, worked like it was shown to, however suddenly my text on facebook, twitter and youtube as well as tumblr started to be typed backwards, and the only way around it was to copy text from notepad or a word document. It took days to figure out the backwards text was not a hardware problem and infact a chrome extension issue, which led me to this extension... Which is really disappointing.
- (2017-04-16) Lea Holden: I really like the app but recently it's started to cause issues when trying to leave comments on Youtube, or create a facebook status, where it causes the text to be typed in reverse, until disabled.
- (2021-02-21, v:5.2.2) Krissy Tucker: macbook
will this work on a macbook because it keeps saying that it wont add.
- (2021-01-31, v:5.2.0) Toni-Leigh Mckay: does this work on an ipad with chrome?
i’ve seen people use it on a laptop or computer i was wondering if there was a way to be able to use this on an ipad or iphone?
- (2021-01-12, v:5.2.0) ugh zhongli: name
hi! i saw someone on TikTok use this and i love the concept. however im wondering how i put my name in? thanks!
- (2021-01-10, v:5.2.0) lizzie comings: Confused
How do I input my name into the y/n spot?
- (2021-01-07, v:5.2.0) temporary account: it was great but...
so you see i had installed it a while ago and it was working great, until it suddenly stopped working today, i had to un install it and then re install it but it still doesnt work, any reasons why this might be and how it could be solved?
- (2019-05-17, v:4.4) Faith Kliner: Downloading
So I want to download the extension, but the option to download it doesn't even come up! What do I do?
- (2018-08-18, v:4.4) gray sky: Phones?
Is it possible to get this extension on my phone? Mine's a Samsung.
- (2018-01-02, v:4.4) App
Is there a possibility that you guys will make an app for this? If planed to do so in the future, that would be great!
- (2017-11-19, v:4.4) Annette Bowen: Having access to my websites
I'd love to install InteractiveFics. Why do you need to access my websites?
- (2017-06-18, v:4.4) Jana IsAwesome: Changes Y/N only on one side
Hey there, I really like this extension, but I've got the problem that on the side Quotev it only changes the Y/Ns for one Chapter/side there, where on other sides like tumblr it stays in the choosen name. Could you give me some tips on this? I already de- and then reinstalled it.
- (2017-05-11, v:4.3) Typing sdrawkcab
I'm on Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit), and I was having the help-suddenly-I'm-typing-backwards problem on certain sites (usually Gmail and Tumblr) until I removed and reinstalled this extension. Just an FYI for you while you're troubleshooting this problem for other users. (Maybe it has to get rid of all the stored replacements and make a fresh start before it can work with the newest version of Chrome? IDK.)
- (2017-04-29, v:4.3) Melanie Brandenhoff: Isn't compatible
With the new version of Chrome, it's causing tumblr and facebook to write backwards. Could you please fix this, I enjoy this extention.
- (2017-04-28, v:4.3) Backwards Text
This extension is making my text come out backwards when I type in certain websites, specifically Facebook. For example, it would come out "koobecaF" instead of the proper way. I love this extension, I would hate to have to uninstall it!
- (2017-03-07, v:4.3) Kayley Nunes: What websites does it work for?
Does this extension only work on Tumblr because I have a wattpad but it doesn't seem to be changing the y/n's on the stories there?
- (2017-03-06, v:4.3) Mia Fitzhugh: can't open
I can't open this app...when I go to my google apps, InteractiveFics isn't there but everything else is and there is no other button or thing to open this :(
- (2017-02-26, v:4.3) Anna: doesn't work
no matter what i do, it doesn't work at ll