Simple extension that helps to transcribe audio documents. It works purely local and does not send off any information.
Helper extension for transcribing audio files. The extension allows to load audio files and use keyboard shortcuts to increase/decrease the speed and rewind the audio. The shortcuts are: Play/Pause: Ctrl+Alt+P Rewind: Ctrl+Alt+B Slower: Ctrl+Alt+S Faster: Ctrl+Alt+F Load an audio file by either right clicking on a link to such a file and choosing "Load in Transcription Helper" or pasting the URL in the extension pop-up (click the symbol next to the URL bar). The extension works in the background, so you can transcribe in your favourite cloud editor.
- (2020-10-13) Anindya Srivastava: NOTE: This app does not generates transcribed text. It just helps you (the user) help listen to an audio file which is hosted at some URL without leaving your browser tab. Perhaps that's why the author chose the name Transcription Helper. It's actually a remote audio file player. So, giving it the name transcription helper is somewhat misleading.
- (2019-02-11) Mike Melchior: I like how basic this extension is. It's what I was looking for, but for some reason the "rewind 2 seconds" button doesn't work for me. The shortcut ctrl-alt-B does work, but the button doesn't. *shrug* I also wish there was a way for the control panel to remain on top of all other windows so that it was quicker to get to. Other than that, it's straight forward.
- (2019-02-09) Jen Ridge: This app does EXACTLY what it says it will do. I loved it. I wish the developer could find a way to heve the app grab the audio link from the source page on it's own. But once you get the link to the audio right, it is wonderful in it's playback capabilities. BRAVO! I think you ding dongs writing bad reviews are narcissistic turds who only think about yourselves. These developers work hard to provide extensions, free of charge. who are you to condemn them because you don't understand how the extension works. It is not the developers fault that YOU are stupid.
- (2018-01-03) Richard Black: Hated it because the app description misled me. Expected it to locally write what it hears based on the app discription. "Transcription Helper dfa Simple extension that helps to transcribe audio documents. It works purely local and does not send off any information."
- (2014-05-23) Hersch Fischler: even web based files can not be transcribed since it is not possible to have editor and T helper open at the same time-T helper alswäys restarts from the start Hersch Fischler
- (2014-04-08) Jan Curington: Not at all what I was expecting. Not happy with this choice.
- (2013-10-19) Joseph Herbert: Cannot choose local files to transcribe; only web-based files that have a URL.
- (2012-11-20) Marisol Liévano: No funciona. Pego el enlace del audio y no suena nada.
- (2019-01-16, v:1.2) Wes Barnes: Does This transcribe audio file on the computer?
When I open the program there is a test recording but no way to transcribe a file without a ULR.
- (2014-09-29, v:1.2) DoctorKCD: It's not working
It's not working or showing up in my files.