Removes annoying title tags when mousing over any part of a webpage!
Tooltips are primarily used to clarify the meaning of text-based hyperlinks and can also appear on images. Often, web developers set the tooltip to the same text as the link itself, which renders the tooltips useless! Contrary to popular belief, tooltips (title attributes) have little to no purpose in terms of accessibility. I've developed this for the benefit of people who would like to remove tooltips from their browsing experience. But wait! How exactly will this benefit me!? Not all, but many users tend to track their on screen focal point with the mouse cursor. When reading down a list the mouse will follow the text that they are reading. By removing the tooltips, the small popup box that appears below links will no longer appear, leaving the list, navigation panel, etc. that are being read unobscured when mousing over. Soon to be added: - Improved icon and multiple icon sizes. - Improved information panel. Possible features to be added (if they're requested): - Exclusion list. - On/off toggle (so you don't have to disable it manually). - Optional keyboard shortcut to disable/add exclusions. V0.5.13 Added multiple logo sizes to allow content to display properly throughout Chrome. V0.5.12 Modified button popup menu. V0.5.6 Base version.
- (2021-06-17) Etienne Vanier: It works! With Vivaldi at least! Thank you!
- (2021-01-25) Alex Reid: Doesn't work on Facebook at all
- (2020-11-22) Kris Hunt: Does not work for me. I so wish it did.
- (2019-11-14) Chad Baker: Doesn't work for intended purpose. Removes no hover tooltips in MS Dynamics.
- (2019-09-19) bela pc: It worked for me... Thank you so much!!!
- (2018-05-07) Does not work with chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2016-02-13) James Utting: Doesn't block tooltips which occur when your mouse cursor hovers over images and fails on random websites for some reason.
- (2016-01-19) Tom Stevenson: Works as intended. Useful little extension for removing annoying tool tips.
- (2016-01-12) whodini mcgee: A, for your effort F--ail on execution ~ didnt work in Google chrome canary either, I was desperate enough to install it there also, to rule out any other script conflicts (this issue IS also referenced as TOOLTIP, btw) !HOPE TO SEE AN UPDATE/fix!
- (2015-12-21) Marcus Hobson: Wow, you can rate your own apps! It's alright, I guess.
- (2018-09-13, v:0.5.13) doesn't work
Seems some tooltips are blocked, but too many still show up.