Enable testers to fill forms automatically/on-demand based on (sets of) rules they wrote / captured.
Testofill allows you to define one or more sets of rules for filling forms on a particular page and to fill them in automatically or on demand with hardcoded or random values. It targets people that can write little CSS (such as "[name='myfield']") and that need to be able to choose from a sets of values to fill in. A typical example is a tester that needs to repeatedly fill in different search criteria to test her app and thus wants to define rule sets such as "Simple book search" and "Advanced book search". The main advantages are being able to have multiple sets of values for a single form, having full access to and control over these values, and ability to generate random values. It is also possible to create rules automatically from a filled form and adjust them later. Tip: You need to enable the extension in Incognito mode on the Extensions page if you want to be able to use it when Incognito. Security tip: Only allow the plugin access to the sites where you use it - see "Add or remove access to a specific site" at https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2664769 Change log: * 0.14 - Fix to really ignore iframes, which broke "save forms" * 0.13 - Improve React support (focus elements before changing them - works better with some components) * 0.12 - Save forms ignores iframes instead of being confused by them * 0.11 Save forms accepts fields that have only id and no name * 0.10 - Full support for React forms (v16) * 0.9 - Fix autofill * 0.8 - partial support for forms created by React.js (text input only) * 0.7.2 - experimental support for creating random values using Chance.js - fixed repeated save form confirmation popup - added save form logging * 0.6.0 - increase limit on config size frm 4kB to 5MB (and drop sync across browsers) More info at the project page (https://github.com/jakubholynet/Testofill-chrome-extension/). Icon by Designmodo (https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/115700/edit_pen_pencil_write_icon).
- (2020-09-08) Despina CRM: The extension is great and really helpful when it comes to filling forms several times. However, I have an issue; in cases of mandatory fields in the form of a drop-down list I need to go over all drop-down lists in the form and fill them once more. It seems that it gives no focus to the field; it should maybe make the value nullable before assigning it to the field?
- (2018-08-10) Michael Rosendahl: Now when I got the profiles to work it's great addon!!
- (2018-05-13) Oomph ID: I use it on Vivaldi, Win 10 x64. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.
- (2014-04-01) Xiaochuan Chen: It is a very good tool to fill a static form. The option page uses json format with a built-in json editor. I am curious if the tool can be modified to read a text file with some predefined parameters set. If so, the tool can fill some data into the form dynamically.
- (2015-04-24, v:0.7.2) Benjamin Venn: Autofill
Hi, it's great that I can use this extension for automatically adding in fields of data so I don't forget, but is there a way to make this automatic without the need to press a button? It'd be great to hear back. Thanks, Ben