Your scroller with more control.
Scroll Master is a web page scroller/slider that lets you: Overview the web page Creates a thumbnail of the full web page and quickly jumps to sections of interest. Mark positions Allows to add marks on long web pages to remember positions. Usage: Click the mark button at the top to add a mark or right click on the scroller for more options. Scroll Master tries to stay out of your way, and appears only when it is likely to be useful. Limitations: Scroll Master will not work in tabs that were open prior to installation. After installing this extension, either reload your open tabs or restart Chrome. Due to security features of Google Chrome, Scroll Master will not show up on Chrome Web Store, or inside of other Chrome extensions.
- (2020-02-12) Jennifer E.: Not wanting to lower this extension's rating cause it's possible I'm just dumb. Re: "Click the mark button at the top to add a mark or right click on the scroller for more options. Scroll Master tries to stay out of your way, and appears only when it is likely to be useful." Left clicking and Right clicking both just open a drop down menu - the same exact drop down menu. So, so far this tool hasn't been usable, though I really wish it was!
- (2020-01-24) Stanton McCandlish: VERY interesting idea, but needs a lot more work to be fully practical. * Usually doesn't actually load the page previews even if you have this feature turned on. * Is very slow to appear, and seems to wait for entire page content to load (every image, etc), when it could start working as soon as the base page structure has loaded. Not sure there's a way around that, but these days there probably is. * Needs to be hideable until wanted, e.g. appearing only when hovering over the scrollbar, and triggerable with a user-definable hotkey combination. * Needs to have an opacity control, both a default and an on-the-fly control (and with option to set the change to be a new default, a per-window temporary change, a per-site (domain) setting, or a per-URL (exact page) setting; again because it often interferes with page content, and because page content and layout vary widely. * Needs to be re-positionable on the fly by drag-and-drop, for the same reason. * Needs to be re-sizable on the fly by click-and-drag on its corners, for the same reason. * Needs alternative default placement options (e.g. top right, bottom right, center right, and maybe other options, like away from the scroll bar itself (though I wouldn't use that last option myself, maybe someone would really like far-left to be a new kind of navigation and far-right to be the usual). * We should be able to set bookmark color at bookmark time, not as just a one-size-fits-all setting in the main extension configuration menu. * Minor quibble: the bookmark icon is overly large; a small line or thin arrow would be better, or have several options available. I don't find this actually very useful in its present barely implemented state. I thought of giving it 3 stars, but I don't want to be discouraging, because with additional refinement, i can see it being extremely useful and perhaps inspirational of a general trend for scrolling navigation in the 2020s. This really has that much potential. (And one can image additional, more special features, like selecting a range between markers with an option to screenshot to print only the contents of that range; different kinds of markers (tags) with different colors, and editable annotations about them, and perhaps some kind of tag searching function and database (e.g. to find everything I have tagged with "add to wishlist", "use as a source for paper on Gaulish linguistics", "recipe to try", "post to reply to", etc., even if the pages are now closed.)
- (2019-10-26) Thaworn Rojanasiraprapa: great.
- (2019-07-24) Markus Gieringer: die Idee ist gut, jedoch fehlen einige Funktionen wie z.B. Größe und Position einstellen, Transparenz und Durchklickbarkeit bzw. aktivieren mit z.B. STRG + Maus damit keine Inhalte der Website verdeckt werden. Die Bookmarkfunktion ist eine gute Sache.
- (2019-07-06) Veronika Voss: 좋네요. 근데 유튜브 들어가면 사이트가 먹통 되네요.
- (2019-01-28) Андрей Бобров: вроде то, что хотел - как в блокноте kate, но из-за него на ютубе выскакивает ошибка, поэтому я расширение использую в режиме - перезагрузите страницу, чтоб использовать расширение
- (2018-12-07) TheProtean Girl: Amazing everything except most pages thumbnail doesn't show!!
- (2018-10-04) Thịnh Ale: more storage and sharing functions
- (2018-05-03) Felipe Alves: Very good!!!
- (2018-03-07) 李芯越: 这个很好用.在网页右边有操作面板.谢谢百分浏览器的工作人员的推荐.
- (2017-11-24) Mark Wallace: It's mal ware that I can't get rid of.
- (2017-06-05) Setsuna Hello: I like it very much and i think it can be better. If this tool can store the web scroll mark and when I next time visit this web it could auto slide to the last mark position,it would be very useful when I read the long api documents.
- (2015-08-14) Yang G.: Cool extension!
- (2015-08-06) Wenshan Ren: Awesome sublime text minimap-like scrolling tool for google chrome. Hope there's a similar plugin for Firefox :P
- (2020-01-24, v:0.0.13) Stanton McCandlish: Features and refinement
I left some specific suggestions in my review. I wasn't kidding when I said "with additional refinement, i can see it being extremely useful and perhaps inspirational of a general trend for scrolling navigation in the 2020s". Even though Chrome extensions are not a money-maker, this is the first such piece of small software I've seen in a very long time that has a potential to be strongly influential (i.e. a major career-maker or career-booster). I know most devs don't like to spend a lot of time on things that are not directly monetized, but this is one that's worth the effort, if you ask me.
- (2019-03-16, v:0.0.13) 李鈺昇: Not working for PDF
Hi, Thanks for the great extension. I think it would be nice if it is also available on PDF pages. Thanks!
- (2018-04-25, v:0.0.13) Romanee Conti: not working in jupyter notebook
I installed it for jupyter notebook . but it does not working with it
- (2017-11-26, v:0.0.13) Chiffre17: Causing issues with Youtube
Same problem as the last comment. I can't watch video on Youtube with your extension..
- (2017-10-01, v:0.0.13) Brane Vrajich: Causing issues with Youtube
I was having problems navigating youtube and playing videos. I came across a troubleshooting guide from google to fix the problem. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6138475?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en In the guide it states the extensions can cause issues. It suggests turning off all extensions and turning them on one by one to find the extension causing the problem. When I turned everything off. YouTube worked like normal. It was only when I turned on the Scroll Master extension that YouTube broke and was no longer responsive.
- (2017-08-23, v:0.0.13) belg4mit: Remove page marks
It would be nice if were possible to remove/toggle page marks.
- (2017-01-02, v:0.0.13) Brane Vrajich: 3 ideas to make it better
First off this is a great extension and very helpful for developers that want to jump back and forth to different positions of a really long developer guide/tutorial or who are looking through a long page of source code maybe on github. However, I have a few suggestions that I think would make this even better. (1) ability to control the transparency of the page thumbnail. I think this speaks for itself, but it would be great. For instance I would prefer to have the thumbnail barely visible when not hovering over it. Also maybe even the ability to minimize it if needed. (2) change the saved scroll position marker to a thin line rather than a bookmark icon. The icon is rather thick and when you are on a really long page, and you have to saved positions that are really close to each other, the bookmark icons overlap making it difficult to know where to click, or where one begins/ends, especially when they are the same color. Making it a thin line that is still clickable would help to create a little more separation. (3) ability to choose the marker color at the time of marking the page position instead of through the extension options. This goes to helping improve the last issue of being able to create visual separation between position markers when they are really close together. Also, I can see people wanting to quickly change the color to signify different things on the page. For instance, as a developer reading through a developer guide I may want to mark certain page positions that have code snippets in them in red and other positions with important facts in green. This way if I am farther along in the guide and I want to jump back to a code snippet I can just focus on the red markers in the page thumbnail. Anyway those are some of the ideas I had that I think could knock this extension out of the park. This thing can be a game changer for developers or people that use the web to learn. Great idea and great start. Keep up the good work. I will definitely be using this and telling people about it. Thanks!
- (2016-10-22, v:0.0.13) Sergio Fernández: Thumbnail not appear
No thumbnail appears on any page. What is the problem? Thanks