Keyboard Shortcuts to Reorder Tabs
Note: you must use the Chrome Beta channel or later for the plugin to work. The extension consists of four keyboard shortcuts (VIM style): * Alt-Shift-L: Move Tab Right * Alt-Shift-H: Move Tab Left * Alt-Shift-K: Move Tab to Start Position * Alt-Shift-J: Move Tab to End Position A separate extension, tabasco, adds the following shortcuts to Chrome * Close Other Tabs * Close Tabs to the Right * Pin Tab Chrome extensions currently only allow for a maximum of four shortcuts, which is why they are not included in tabloid. You can fetch tabasco here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tabasco/dkoadhojigekhckndaehenfbhcgfeepl
- (2021-06-14) jeff pasch: I love this extension. Thanks for creating it!
- (2018-11-11) Jeff Pasch: I love this extension. One thing I'd suggest is changing the default keyboard shortcuts. I change them manually to the < and > keys (which are the , and . key respectively). That makes it super obvious what left and right are. Blammo. Thanks for creating this extension! Keyboard shortcut lovers rejoice!
- (2018-07-05) Yanis L: Doesn't work for me anymore and also has no option to change keyboard shortcuts.
- (2018-05-22) RUNE: very good perfomance but i don't understand why it need such permission
- (2018-05-20) whole product: juuu
- (2017-10-23) mzma: It works (compared to other identical extensions). Still, the keys are counter-intuitive as in "HJKL" 1. J moves to right, K moves to left... 2. The extremes H and L move a little and the inner ones move all the way, instead of the other way around.
- (2014-11-21) Great Extension, I love being able to organize things without touching the mouse. The only bug I have found is with Pinned Tabs as Yu Guo mentions. If you have a set of pinned tabs, and you are on a pinned tab the 'Move Tab to last position' will not work. Also the reverse occurs if you have a set of pinned tabs, and you are on a normal tab the 'Move Tab to fist position' does not work. Could you please fix that?
- (2014-01-11) Douglas Wright: Works great, and doesn't access all your data!
- (2013-08-31) Yu Guo: This is almost perfect. Big thanks to Michael for this lifesaver. The only bug I was able to find was that when there are pinned tabs to the left, the hotkey "Alt-Shift-K: Move Tab to Start Position" doesn't work. Would be perfect if this could be fixed! Thanks again P.S (8/30). To clarify: in the fixed version it'd be more desirable imo to let "Move Tab to Start Position" move current tab to immediately after the last pinned tab (rather than to the very left).