Allows next, up, prev, and top links to be used with simple keyboard shortcuts.
A must-have extension for reading online books, documentation, tutorials, and blogs! Easily navigate in between webpages with these extremely simple keyboard shortcuts: Space Bar - navigates to the next page when scrolled to the bottom Shift + Space Bar - navigates to the previous page when scrolled to the top. (Use the Option key instead of the Ctrl key on Mac) Ctrl + Right - navigates to the next page Ctrl + Left - navigates to the previous page Ctrl + Up - navigates to section's index page Ctrl + Shift + Up - navigates to the top page Uses HTML's rel attribute and smart link detection to determine where to go. Currently rel="next", rel="prev", rel="up", and rel="top" are supported. Source code at https://github.com/kenaniah/chrome-navigation-plugin/ Improvements and suggestions are welcome!
- (2017-05-01) R.I. Flaum: In general, I liked this a lot. The one criticism I have is that there's no way to either change the shortcuts or to disable a given action. This means that if you're using this on a laptop with no PageUp key, you might have trouble, since the shortcut for going to the section page overrides the normal behavior of Ctrl+Up that uses it as PageUp.
- (2016-12-25) Works really well, thank you!
- (2016-06-20) Thu Phạm: Best extension ever!
- (2015-08-17) Mike Chen: Does the job!
- (2015-08-06) Daniel Brunner: Love this, but I did not find any page that uses these meta tags (no one but mine :D) Hopefully other pages will use this feature soon!
- (2014-03-19) Jirka Kosek: Hitting space button goes instantly to the next page instead of scrolling to the bottom of the page first.
- (2013-11-29) It doesn't work!
- (2016-09-23, v:8.3) Wojciech Rozwadowski: change binding with CTRL / add settings
I often switch to "next page" during writing text. I often use shortcut CTRL + left / CTRL + right to move inside text inputs. But then I'm often redirect to next page -_-