Right-click -> Print this frame... -> :-)
Need to print the contents of a frame? No problem! This handy extension will get the job done. Just right-click on any frame, click "Print this frame...", click Print and BAM! Done. When you close the new tab with the frame you wanted to print, it'll even pop you right back on the tab you were just on (if it still exists) so you don't lose your place in the tab jungle. Changelog: 1.2 - July 29th, 2014 * Reinstated auto-close functionality as it should now work with all versions of Chrome * Cleaned up event listeners 1.1.1 – July 29th, 2014 * Removed the auto-close functionality since this conflicts with the Stable version of Chrome 1.1 – July 24th, 2014 * Restructured code to avoid “callback hell“ * Automatically closed the opened tab upon Print or Cancel 1.0 – July 24th, 2014 * Initial public release
- (2021-04-06) Aryan Zijlstra: I just installed it as I had this feature standard on older browsers. This extension just doesn't work at all. I even restarted the browser, to no avail. Google Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Elementary OS (based on Ubuntu 18.04)
- (2020-09-18) Jeff Stuyvesant: Awesome. Life saver... Saved me from having to printing 60 pages of frames one page at a time.
- (2020-07-22) Mumuksha Pant: doesnt work for me
- (2019-11-28) Jennifer Farnell: All it did was reload the page, no printing. I think it might just be out of date and no longer works with Chrome.
- (2019-11-22) Deepak Starkz: Its works fine with flexibility. It serves the purpose.Its very much helpful!!. I thinks its the only way to print the frame contents in the webpages.
- (2019-05-07) André Pedretti: Doesn´t work on W10.
- (2018-12-20) Joe Freitas: Does not work on Win10! I do not see "Print this Frame" on the right click menu
- (2018-07-10) MB3 Printing: dosent work. Was a great plugin earlier.
- (2018-06-07) T.J. Jennings: Doesn't work.
- (2018-04-24) Gordon Mancuso: Did exactly what I need. I cannot believe that an extension is required (as far as I can tell) to do this.
- (2018-02-19) Angel Avila Vázquez: Does not work , Just opens the Chrome store
- (2017-11-13) Jean Barry: An answer to our need to print reports from a custom database that was set to only print our reports in IE. Now if only we can get the file size down when printing large reports, otherwise I'd give it 5 stars.
- (2017-10-08) Chris Vydas: After installing this extension, I expected to see "Print This Frame!" in the right click context menu just below the normal "Print" selection and yet there was none. In fact, there was no context menu entry anywhere to be found. Complete and utter fail. Not sure what the deal is with all the glowing reviews and 4/5 stars. This is trash, nothing more. Uninstalled.
- (2017-07-06) ilona henderson: dosent work on chrome book
- (2017-06-28) Erich Stein: I added to chrome. I right click and it brings me to the product page. I right click a frame and that just does not work. I do not know how to activate this to work, it's confusing - I'm removing it to find something that works the first time, I spent over 20 minutes so far.
- (2017-05-12) Bob Magic: wrote a little event registration system that puts the badges i need printed in an iframe and this worked great.
- (2017-05-08) thelast9breakerraven Raven: This app didn't work at all using chrome.
- (2017-01-19) Hottab Hottabych: Вообще не работает. Единственная активная кнопка ведёт на страницу магазина. Печать фрейма невозможна ни при каких условиях.
- (2016-08-30) Scott Douglas: Seems like it could be handy, but the frames I need to print are search results. When I try to print the frame, it reverts to the search page.
- (2016-05-28) I work with a few Web sites daily when this extension is the only way to print the "whole" page. Very helpful!
- (2015-10-27) Matt Fraser: Worked well for what I wanted it for but "Print this.." on right click context menu disappeared after first use. Re-installing did not help :(
- (2015-09-16) Edward Powell: Works perfectly in flash frames that you cannot print otherwise. Exactly what I needed
- (2015-08-19) William Villanueva: The program allows one to print the frame but when it does, it resends the data to the server which often causes problems where the responding server will reply with a failure or complain about duplicate entries.
- (2015-07-30) Sean Shea: With Windows 10 I had to move away from the native browser and this is the only way to print frames! Awesome
- (2015-04-06) Robin Rayburn: Functionality only stayed for first window used in after installation. No where to be found after. link when right clicking disappeared after first use.
- (2015-03-06) Anthony Katselas: Does not print pop up window frames. Doesnt work for what I need it for.
- (2015-02-23) Charlie Malone: Doesn't work.
- (2015-02-23) Joe Montfort: Thank you! Been looking for something like this. In my work I have to use a state government-run website that was apparently coded for IE6 back in the day and never fixed. This extension saves me a LOT of trouble.
- (2015-02-23) Annie Barnes: What an answer to a pressing need for a masters course!!!
- (2014-12-21) Achieved in 30 seconds what 15 minutes of fiddling with the source code could not.
- (2019-04-27, v:1.2) Jason White: wont print
when i click print frame it opens pdf in new tab and i can read it fine but it will not let me print on paper. the printer icone does nothing when clicked. i tried downloading but it appears the file is protected and wont allow printing.any work around?
- (2019-01-14, v:1.2) Tito Paredes: Chrome Update
I would like to Echo what some have asked. Are you planning on updating this extension to work with the latest version(s) of Chrome? We have been using this extension for a good long time, and would love for it to work again. At the moment all it does it open the page in another tab instead of working its magic .. and then opening the print window.
- (2018-12-12, v:1.2) Ashley Toulch: Print this Frame with new chrome update
Hi, will you be updating Print this Frame!? We've been using it for quite some time now but since chrome updated to the newest version when we right click and hit print this frame it opens in a new window but the print box does not open. Do you think this will be fixed in the near future? Thanks!
- (2017-12-01, v:1.2) Does not show up as an option
Right click on a frame does not give an option to print the frame
- (2015-11-13, v:1.2) Dave Harris: Does not show up as an option
When I right click the print frame does not appear as an option. It is listed as an active extension. Seems others have the same problem but no solution noted.
- (2015-02-21, v:1.2) can't see "Print this frame" on right-click
I added the extension. Restarted Chrome. I'm in a frame and right click, but there's no option for "Print this frame" . I only see the normal "Print"
- (2014-12-21, v:1.2) Shane Hearps: not working as expected
instead of printing directly it opens a new tab (the website i'm using goes back to the login screen and thus I cannot print)
- (2014-10-19, v:1.2) Balaji Tekkiam: Not working as expected
The web application for which I tried this tool uses frames. When I right-clicked on the frame & selected Print frame, your plug-in tried to open the frame in a new tab. However it did not give the frame time to reload. As a result, I can see only the "Loading..." text on the printed page. Hence, this tool is not working for me. I could have attached the frame details, but I dont see an option to attach files to this report.