The archaeology of great writing
- (2021-04-06) Luis A. Socías Contreras: EXCELENT I COULD RECOVER LOST WORK THANK YOU!!!!
- (2021-01-29) JORDI BARDAJI CUSO: It is a very useful extension. It is very convenient for teachers to discover plagiarism. I would love the same extension for sheets.google. Thank you so much, it’s wonderful.
- (2020-09-02) Yuna K: Helpful for a writer hoping to analyze their own writing habit and style It'd be nice if we can manage the Extraction for Embed, such as deleting them at will whenever we want, or the ability to maintain a list of where the embedded pieces are shared.
- (2020-04-12) Zachary Matthews: I decided to test this with a paper I wrote awhile back, and while it do show the typing and edit history, it struggled to keep track of everything. At times it would put words places that they are not in reality, miss some deletes, and not put in all of the paragraph enters. As a result, the end result according to the program is a mess from what it was originally. And an additional problem is that it doesn't capture any of the formatting. This is a cool product, I just wish it better matched the original document in the end.
- (2019-08-15) Boris Verkhovskiy: It doesn't actually work, the text is very mangled, and at the end of the replay the doc is missing parts and doesn't look anything what the real doc does (although in the little preview window it looks much better) but still very cool
- (2019-05-22) Chad Mirus: Stopped working with Google Docs update.
- (2019-03-12) SirFireball 3521: It's like a visualizer for a git log in drive. For docs. Sort of. It's useful.
- (2019-01-13) Susan vanDruten: I could get it to work for a short doc, but not with one with 2000 revisions. The Chrome developer says "/static/document/client/js/66165487-client_js_prod_kix_app.js:760 [Deprecation] chrome.loadTimes() is deprecated, instead use standardized API: nextHopProtocol in Navigation Timing 2. https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5637885046816768." But I don't know what that means. I'm on a Mac.
- (2018-12-04) Michael A.: Unfortunately it doesn't render bulleted lists or tables, so documents that include those get a bit messy. If that can be fixed, then it´s a great app!
- (2018-03-07) Даниил Ярушин: Кнопка Draftback появляется только при создании новых документов(для существующих документов не появляется). Когда добавляю текст в документ и нажимаю на кнопку Draftback, затем -просмотр ревизий - мне отображается пустая страница с плеером, как ни управляй плеером - все равно пустая страница.
- (2018-02-24) Asher Friedman: This is a very interesting way to analyze one's writing style. I wish there was a way to export the data collected or save the produced graphs somewhere so I can put it in a presentation.
- (2018-02-07) bardcan: Just great. Any chance of their being a Google Sheets version?
- (2017-11-28) David Baker: Cool project man! 🤩
- (2017-11-27) Anthony Egbers: As a teacher I find this helpful. Especially for checking the writing process.
- (2017-11-22) Sebastian Lundgren: Nice app
- (2017-11-16) Addison Maerz: Seems to be missing some information at the end of the playback. The final product that draftback shows does not match the Google Doc itself.
- (2017-11-01) Holly Beth Veith: This is amazing for teachers!!!!! Teachers can quickly see if a student cuts and pastes. They can also use it to show students their progress on writing assignments. "Look where you started and how far you have come!"
- (2017-07-18) Daniel VandeBunte: The idea is great and I had no trouble getting it to do what it says it will do. It does not show tables in Docs. I.e. the finished product is not the end result of what you see after using the extension. One serious issue I have with the extension is that sometimes things are deleted for a reason. This gives OTHER people the ability to see what you deleted in a shared Doc. Very big-brother. So watch what you type all the time if the doc is shared.
- (2017-01-30) Brian L: I really like the statistics page. One feature I would like to see is the ability to see the stats of each indiviudal user on a shared document. Also, a lot of the text I see being typed in Draftback is jumbled up. For example, some paragraphs may be mashed together or something on another page (e.g. works cited) appears somewhere in the introduction. I assume that this might be affected by the suggestions feature in google docs.
- (2017-01-30) Christian Rodriguez: Awesome! I just wish it rendered some formatting changes as well (specifically numerical and bulleted lists!)
- (2017-01-16) Ben Siraphob: The wheel keeps spinning. It doesn't work, at least on Mac anyway.
- (2017-01-16) James Buch: So I got this for my chromebook and it worked absolutely fine. However when I got it for my mac it was just the spinning wheel people were talking about. Help?
- (2017-01-13) Victor Cheng: OMG!!!! As both an English teacher and a foreign language teacher, this is a god-send for seeing whether students are writing or copying and pasting! I can speed up or slow down watching my students type and has a slider for all the revisions! I love now how you can also get a video excerpt of the drafting process!
- (2016-11-21) Richard Hsu: Doesn't work =( It would have been awesome if it did work...
- (2016-11-03) Allison Dotson: Concept is great. Currently the wheel just spins with no actual progress.
- (2016-10-06) Paul Malatesta: just spun and did nothing for me.
- (2016-09-21) Roger Powell: Great extension and a very useful learning tool about one's writing process.
- (2016-09-15) Charley Butcher: Not sure yet as the wheel just keeps spinning and no playing of the revisions.
- (2016-08-26) Jennifer Fielden: I do think this is a very cool extension, however I wish it was available for Google Sheets and other Google Apps. I need to see who did what first in a Google sheet, and some of them made revisions within a minute of each other. Google does not specify which came first. So during this contest to see who could find and record the most keyboard shortcuts, I cannot tell who gets credit the ones that were recorded twice...since only one student gets to use each keyboard shortcut.
- (2021-03-21, v:0.0.13) Thomas Hammerlund: Icon Not Visible == Possible Fix
Hi, Thank you for the awesome extension. I use it with my older students and recommend it to teachers all the time. I noticed that the icon does not appear to show up on the browser extension page. I also had that issue. I was able to fix it by adding the "default_icon": field to "browser action". Anyway, not sure if that is a big deal for you. Thanks again.
- (2020-09-14, v:0.0.13) Minkyung Kim: Each dot in the graphs ("Timeline of activity" and "Where in the document were the changes?")
I am wondering what each dot in the graphs (Timeline of activity and Where in the document were the changes?) indicates. Is it right that each dot indicates one keystroke?
- (2020-09-13, v:0.0.13) Jim Sarris: Can't access Draftback extension
Good morning. I used this extension all last Spring and it was a life saver for me, as a teacher. Now the icon is showing grey and when I click on it nothing happens. It seems that it is not dowloaded, but when I go to downloaded it only prompts me to uninstall it. Please let me know what can I do in order to use this extension again. Thank you! Nina Nacher
- (2020-05-21, v:0.0.11) José Luis Delgado de las Marinas: It seems that the extension doesn't work
I got the icon installed an all that, but when it comes to using it, it doesn't work, or so it seems!
- (2020-04-17, v:0.0.11) Alecia Harmer: Doesn't work
When I click on draftback button it just takes me back to Chrome web store. What do I do to fix it?
- (2020-02-27, v:0.0.11) S Rodas: Draftback Revisions
I am confused as to what is consider a revision. I have the same document from 90 students with revisions ranging from 1600 to 600, with word count of 1500, how does that work? Shouldn't the revisions be at least the number of characters in the document?
- (2019-12-17, v:0.0.11) Erica Campbell [Leavitt MS]: This has disappeared from my Chrome extensions.
I cannot find the Draftback option.
- (2019-11-20, v:0.0.11) Angie Jameson: Extension not working
Draftback not producing video
- (2019-11-19, v:0.0.11) Amanda Pakala: No button appearing
Downloaded app with no button appearing on any kind of doc. Deleted and retried with no luck.
- (2019-10-10, v:0.0.11) Catherine Norris: Draftback still not working?
I see others have also mentioned Draftback no longer working. The button also takes me back to the Chrome Store. Is this being addressed?
- (2019-10-09, v:0.0.11) Michelle Field: Not working still
Still unable to use Draftback. The button takes me to the store.
- (2019-10-08, v:0.0.11) Josefin Hayward: Can't see button
Hi, I can't see the Daftback button in my Google docs anymore. I've tried to remove and add the app again but no luck. Is there a bigger issue here or can I do anything to fix it? Regards /Josefin
- (2019-10-07, v:0.0.11) Tammy McEnturff: not working
when I click on draftback it just takes me back to the chrome web store and does nothing.
- (2019-09-28, v:0.0.11) Haylee Carroll: Broken?
Is the extension broken? I see a few others have had trouble in the last few days. I can't seem to get it to work either.
- (2019-09-24, v:0.0.11) Nikki Cruse: Failure to Launch
Extension won't launch. Removed and reinstalled to no avail.
- (2019-09-24, v:0.0.11) Melissa Daoust: Draftback won't launch
Hi, when I press the draftback icon nothing happens. I've looked for solutions online but nothing helps. Thanks for sending some help!
- (2019-09-08, v:0.0.11) Jonathan Seyfried: Draftback for Google Slides?
Thank you for creating this awesome tool! Are there any plans to provide Draftback for Google Slides? (Is it already possible?)