Automatically closes banner ads and clicks 'Skip Ad' buttons for you.
An alternative to AdBlock, specifically for YouTube. Instead of completely blocking ads which prevents YouTube channels from earning any ad revenue, this extension detects ads appearing and clicks the skip button instantly, just like a regular user would, only much quicker and effortlessly. It doesn't block ads, it just clicks close and skip for you automatically. Useful if you're tabbed out, or just lazy. For banner ads, it clicks the close button - usually before the ad is even visible. For pre-roll ads that you have to watch for 5 seconds, it will click the skip button as soon as it can. New in version 0.4 - Added the Force Skip button (next to the the search bar). This allows you to manually skip ads in the rare cases when ads are not automatically detected. It also has the useful side-effect of skipping 'Sign in to view this video' age restrictions. - Added the ability to prevent Ad Skipper from skipping a pre-roll ad. Simply hold Ctrl as the Skip button countdown reaches zero. Because sometimes you're actually interested in an ad.
- (2020-07-30) Kyrkas Gamer: i mean it works
- (2020-07-20) RitoSan: isn't working
- (2020-07-10) Bonoriya.: i was looking for an extension which skips ad after 5 sec . but it didnt work
- (2020-03-14) Austin Rottermond: Doesn't even work, Why bother.
- (2019-10-10) Galaxyy: Doesn't do anything, as in broken, does not work. Yes, you did say its in beta release (version 0.3), but if its released, at least make sure it works at all...
- (2018-01-31) rmSilva: It doesn't work at all
- (2017-09-27) DogeisCut: it opens a new tab.. why
- (2017-09-16) dWiens: nice!
- (2017-07-03) Dr.Chandler: THIS IS AMAIZING 5 STARS IT WORKS THANK YOU
- (2017-05-11) Risqi Raharjo: its cool, totally works for me
- (2016-11-04) Scott Johnston: I would rate this about 4 stars if it worked 100% of the time. For me it only works on the first skippable video then it doesn't work until you open a new tab or reload the page. Please fix this as soon as possible, by the way it's only youtube that I was trying with it.
- (2017-09-16, v:0.4) Andy Knapp: Mute
I love this app! Thanks so much for this! But I do have a suggestion. Can you add an option to mute when you are viewing the ad and unmute when the video starts? I saw this in an android app that did the same purpose as your app and i thought it would be a good feature. Thanks!
- (2016-11-04, v:0.3) Scott Johnston: Your app doesn't work all the time
the extension only works on the first skippable video then it doesn't work until you open a new tab or reload the page. Please fix this as soon as possible, by the way it's only Youtube that I was trying with it.