A simple quizzing extension that quizes the user on a Japanese vocab word every time they open or close a tab.
Have trouble finding the time to study your vocab? No problem! This extension will quiz you every time you open or close a tab, expanding your vocabulary without having to set aside time to study. Add and manage your own lists, or upload existing lists from a Comma-Separated-Values (CSV) file. All source code available at https://github.com/lphk92/JapaneseVocabExtension Updates in Version 3.0.0 - Now you can edit entries after they've been entered - New interface design - Buttons for providing feedback, asking questions, and requesting features - Fully customizeable display options for Kanji, Kana, and Romanji
- (2019-02-18) Godswill Ugwa: Great app for learning vocab as you need it. I can turn off romaji and study the sections I need. It's not too intrusive either and I don't feel bad for missing a vocab word. I would like it if it was easier to change the font size so that I can see the Kanji better and I would like the ability to delete cards I don't need
- (2014-10-18) Chris Lj: Found reading options in options menu! A much better tool now.
- (2014-08-28) Мария Белова: This is awesome! The best way to study!!! Try it, seriously
- (2014-04-01) Kevin Lindsay: Some of the included lists did not work properly, and it needs an option to display all three kanji, kana, and romaji simultaneously, instead of just kanji+kana/kanji+romaji.
- (2014-02-20) David Hobson: This is an excellent tool for working your studying into every day activities. Great for basic review and to keep your studying in mind.
- (2013-12-13) Ryu Sousuki: very nice extension, thank you ^^
- (2013-08-25) Daniel Rogers: would be good if the romanji were included. unless you know your kana perfect you'll get no help here
- (2018-05-04, v:3.0.4) Kacper K.: Multiple lists
Hi, the addon is awesome, I have 1 question though. Is there a way to select multiple lists at the same time?
- (2015-12-23, v:3.0.4) Danesha Mason: Deleting an entry
I cannot figure out how to delete an entry. I try to click on the entry, but I just get an editing box. I tried to delete each kanji, reading, and meaning box, but now I just have blank boxes that still show up in quiz mode. How do I delete an entry(not a list).
- (2015-10-22, v:3.0.4) Editing & Creating Lists
There's a button on the Options page that says "Delete Selected Entries," but I can't figure out how to select more than one entry. I would like to use the lists that you offer but in smaller chunks. Deleting that many items one at a time is far too time-consuming. I would also create my own lists, but because I'm using a Chromebook, if I attempt to create a csv file using google spreadsheets, the extension will not read the Kanji, Reading, and Meaning, as headings in the new csv file. I think it would be very helpful if you made it easier to edit lists within the Options page, to create lists, or both. Otherwise, I think it's a great extension. Thank you very much for your time.
- (2015-08-28, v:3.0.4) Pancho Revilla: working
not working even though it is on
- (2015-04-07, v:3.0.4) Sergio Chico: Romanization error
The romanization of しゃ(sha) doesn't works.
- (2015-04-07, v:3.0.4) Jelle You: Meanings
I would like to be quizzed on the meaning as well, but I can't figure it out. Right now the kanji pops up, I type the pronunciation and it tells me the answer. Is there a way to show the meaning too?
- (2015-04-07, v:3.0.4) Sergio Chico: Statistics
I think statistics would be nice. (A number telling the times you made a correct-half correct-incorrect answer, a half correct answer could be: saying "brother" when you had to say "older brother") With this, you could make the words with more failures to appear more often. Or for example, disabling words with more than X tries and with a X percent of right answers. Nice Idea.
- (2015-02-07, v:3.0.4) Domi Ferguson: Only Pops Up One Time
Hello! For some reason, when I open and close tabs, the quiz never pops up. When I first started my computer today, it only popped up once. Is there something I have to do or is there a glitch? Thank you for responding!
- (2015-02-02, v:3.0.4) Huu Luan Nguyen: Bigger font size.
I would really happy if the font size of Kanji chars is a little bit bigger, this would really helpful for the complex chars. And, i would love you more if the data is updated more. Uhm, actually, i have already loved you, guys :*
- (2015-01-22, v:3.0.4) Paul Zecher: General
It looks like something I could use, but I'm not sure how it works...what is the options...what is the main purpose - mine would be to collect sentences and words and have them sorted futagami style...something very organized so you could theoretically press and get a word you want...something like that.