Adds enhancements to 23andMe.
23++ is an extension that adds additional functionality to 23andMe's website and makes it a little nicer to use. Please note that the extension currently works on 23andMe's original website which is accessible to customers who were tested prior to 2014. Customers tested in 2014 or later are on the new site and cannot benefit from the extension at this time. The extension adds a number of features to Relative Finder to make it easier to use and interpret and completely replaces 23andMe's inbox with one that allows you to easily browse, sort, filter and archive your messages. There are many more features - see the extension's website for a full list. This extension is licensed under the GNU General Public License and incorporates components licensed under the MIT license. It is distributed in a minimised form; the original sources can be downloaded from the extension's website.
- (2016-02-24) Jor-El: After a while you can't imagine 23andMe without it, so it's easy to miss how useful it is, until you try another browser..
- (2015-12-15) Dale Wallace: David, loved the update, then 23&me released their new site makeover and they made things a little better in a few ways and much harder for others, a few features are still vaporware, to come at an unscheduled future date. I'd be willing to help if you decide to take on the new site.
- (2015-12-03) Kimberly Floyd: This extension has been very helpful. Thank you so much. I've recommended it to many, and everyone who has tried it loves it!
- (2015-08-29) Amy Schaefer: Thank you for this, it is very helpful.
- (2015-08-09) Herne Webber: This is one of the rare 'must have' apps.
- (2015-07-28) A Ward: The efforts of the designer of this extension and its functionality are awesome. Your extension made solid matter fluid. I thank you. Many have heard my battle cry for its use and I am happy to report great success.
- (2015-07-22) Kuba Krchak: This definitely improves the raw 23andMe experience. Especially the message search is invaluable.
- (2015-07-05) Michael Toogood: Very good - improves the 23andMe experience.
- (2015-06-06) K Right Carr: This is an excellent extension in that it enhances not only navigating 23andMe but also optimizes its features.
- (2015-06-04) Meg Davis: Very helpful extension! 23andMe is not always the most user friendly and this extension makes it so much easier to view and find information. Thanks so much for creating and keeping it updated!
- (2015-03-01) Judi Smith: I like the additional information on the DNA relatives page. Getting the total centiMorgan figure is useful and the flags for who has been contacted and who has shared is great. I will definitely recommend this extension to my DNA buddies.
- (2015-03-01) Joy Upton: Eye appealing as well as being a very useful tool.
- (2015-02-28) Nico D: I appreciate this extension. It does add enhancements to 23andme. Thank you. :)
- (2015-01-21) ITZHAK AVRAHAM: beautiful
- (2014-12-13) Wally Fox: A great help for navigating in 23andme mail. And a great supplement to the web site.
- (2014-12-10) Ellen Leemann: Thank you for the help! The ability to find my mail contacts is really huge!
- (2014-09-18) Jim Stewart: Mandatory
- (2014-09-14) Ade Omole: Great enhancement to DNA Relatives view. Will be even greater if it can extend to cover Countries of Ancestry (CoA)tool.
- (2014-09-14) V You: Very helpful extension that helps me remember when I've sent a request to someone or lets me know how much DNA I share with an anonymous match.
- (2014-09-09) Barbara Luetjen: Love the enhanced messaging. Lots of useful information.
- (2014-09-07) Victor Hawk: Helps greatly with organizing messages.
- (2014-07-11) Lynn Austin: This app is very helpful.
- (2014-07-03) Kenneth Sargent: You will not be disappointed.
- (2014-06-30) Victori Bass: This extension is great can't wait to get the updated version
- (2014-04-22) wirig: Love it! It has been a great help to link people together.
- (2018-01-31, v:2.1.9) Melissa Reavis: Old Site
How do you use the old site and not the new site?
- (2016-05-13, v:2.1.9) Liz Crocker: Not working
I've installed it, closed and reopened Chrome, and it shows up greyed out on my toolbar. However, when I open 23andMe nothing happens and the extension remains faded/grey. None of the features show up on the site. Is there a problem with the extension? Is there something I need to do to make it activate?
- (2016-03-11, v:2.1.9) Richard Webb: Make the DNA Compare interface more convenient
The new 23andme site is a nightmare. Trying to compare DNA is an exercise in futility just trying to find people. I guess the intent is for you to know the names of everyone you are going to compare to. Here are some improvements I would like (and I don't know if they are possible) for https://you.23andme.com/tools/relatives/dna/: 1) Reduce the size of tiles so they do not waste enormous amounts of space. 2) Allow sorting by first or last name. 3) Display and sort by any additional information available (e.g., shared DNA length, number of segments shared, projected relationship, id#, date added to 23andme, sharing type, et al.)
- (2016-01-25, v:2.1.9) Alejandra Goicoechea: I don't see the new features.
Hi, I really cannot find any new feature. Do you have any documentation or a step by step to go through? Thanks in advance!
- (2015-01-15, v:2.1.7) Andrew Roth: Installing
Chrome says that I have successfully installed this extension, but I can't find it. I see it under Extensions, but I don't know where I find it so that I can actually use it. Where is it?
- (2013-06-28, v:2.1.4) Tracy Drane: 23andme - Profile
The 23andme app keeps telling me to update my profile. Says I'm only 92% finished. Everything is done though. It's telling me to fill out my surnames and I have, with commas in between. What am I missing?