Donate to Wikipedia by viewing advertisements when you visit it.
Wikipedia depends on users' donations to survive. Now you can donate just by installing this extension and browsing Wikipedia. This extension adds tasteful Amazon.com advertisements to Wikipedia pages. When you purchase an item through these ads, Amazon pays a commission to Wiki-Ads, and we donate 100% of these profits to Wikipedia. This extension only runs when you're on Wikipedia.org, so it won't affect any other webpages in any way. Note: If you have an ad blocker installed, you have to configure it to exclude wikipedia.org.
- (2018-02-12) Mika Norén: Wikipedia itself does not support advertising through or on the Wikipedia web site or any of its articles. I do wonder, how do they then receive the ad revenues from something they don't support or stand behind? To me it looks like someone else is getting the revenue on behalf of wikipedia. If that is the case, it is a nasty exploitation.
- (2016-06-07) Clément Fontaine: Fallacieux ! Cette extension n'est pas affiliée à la wikimédia foundation
- (2014-01-02) Todd Schiller: So good that I installed it twice!
- (2013-12-31) Justin Cherveny: Works perfectly. I had to disable ad-blocker, which I will only do for wikipedia. They should feel special.
- (2020-07-08, v:1.0.1) Axel de Water: How do I know not you, but Wikipedia receives the money you get?
I am doubting if it is Wikipedia that receives the money. Maybe not Wikipedia, but you receive all the money... Is there transparency in the finance of this extension?