A dark "theme" for Google Inbox.
A dark "theme", sometimes called Night Mode, for Google Inbox. This extension was written as a personal project and is presented as-is. Updates will be applied as long as I continue using Inbox. v1.6: -Some hangouts sidebar updates to various elements. v1.5: -White backgrounds darkened on empty inbox and folders. v1.4: -Changed the title bar of open emails to a lighter gray, stays gray when you scroll down. -Darkened the "Remember To" dialog area. -Darkened the attachments window. v1.3: -Testing out a pale yellow for new emails, as the current bold white is hard to distinguish. -Brightended up some icons. Black icons are still problematic. -Canned replies are brighter. -Horizontal dividers are dark now. -Miscellaneous text brightened. v1.2: - Fixed 1.1 bug that prevented Hangouts area from disabling. v1.1: -Darkened the Hangouts area. -Tweaked miscellaneous items like hover tooltips. -Small changes to the extension popup.
- (2022-02-24) GEORGE BILLGREN: it does not work on- e mail still white
- (2018-12-11) Dan M: Perfect. Liked Inbox but it was too white to use all the time until I found this. Shame Inbox will be ending in March 2019.
- (2018-10-26) Drew Watson: Update: I'm having an issue reading emails with dark (but not black) fonts. These are non-HTML where the background color is set to a gray by your app. Is there a way to override the dark font colors to white? I can tell you've done this for black text already. Still an amazing extension, thank you! Thank God for this extension. I love Inbox but have always hated the brightness and blues!
- (2018-08-24) Ry Pinti: Seems to work well unless the folder one is currently viewing (inbox, snoozed, etc.) is empty -- then it is bright white.
- (2018-08-22) Martin Naydenski: Best dark scheme up to date on my opinion.
- (2018-08-16) Neil Norton: I don't know why Inbox doesn't have an option for a dark/night mode, but this extension is perfect. Thank you!
- (2018-08-10) Dean Lawrence: nicely done, very tasteful
- (2018-07-17) Daniel Smith: The only thing keeping me from moving from gmail to inbox was inbox's brightness. Now I can actually look at inbox without getting snow blindness.