Redirect urls using regular expressions
This simple extension allows you to redirect urls using the power of regular expressions. For example, you can have all mobile Wikipedia urls to open in desktop mode (this is convered in the tutorial below). You could also redirect to non-browser schemes to launch external apps. For example,If you want youtube links to open in a desktop video app (such as minitube), you can redirect all youtube urls with a "youtube:" prefix, and then set up a scheme handler on your OS to pass youtube: urls to your player. For documentation, visit the product home page: http://bendavis78.github.io/chrome-extension-redirector
- (2020-03-16) Demetr Sh: В отличие от остальных работает на все 100. Для али простое правило без всяких регулярок работает. В купе с EditThisCookie нормально ображаться стал на английском, без китайского перевода. aliexpress.ru > aliexpress.com Ну по такому же принципу остальные домены али. Другие расширения как-то через раз. Это огонь :-)
- (2020-02-08) Mich ael: It's very useful, however I'm having trouble getting some redirects to work. It would be really great if there was a way to test the redirections in the options. I have the following 3 redirections that work great. https://wa.me/(.*) whatsapp://send/?phone=$1 https://web.whatsapp.com/send\?phone=(.*) whatsapp://send/?phone=$1 https://www.youtube.com/$ https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions I have some weirder cases that don't work and I can't see why. I suspect that it is a bug or limitation in the extension, however it would really help to have a way to test the redirects to figure that out. These next 2 I created to deal with another extension that makes some incorrect links (yes I've reported that issue to them). They don't seem to work but as far as I can tell the regex for both are correct. file://www.youtube.com/(.*) https://www.youtube.com/$1 ^//www.youtube.com/(.*) https://www.youtube.com/$1 This one also doesn't work. It's a weird one, bit it's for if I copy a playlist item from potplayer for a video stream and paste it into the URL bar. All I need is for it to detect *PotPlayerPlayListItem* and remove it from the beginning of the paste item. Again, as far as I can tell the regex is correct for this one. (.*)PotPlayerPlayListItem(.*)https://(.*) https://$3
- (2020-02-01) Oleg: Just work!
- (2019-09-03) Michał Ciesielski: Very nice, simple UI.
- (2019-07-18) Bálint Kőszegi: - bug (maybe its just for me): redirected urls: instead of https:// writes https// (no ":"). - can't edit redirect rules, I have to delete and add new. feature req: time frames, when redirect rules are inactive (eg weekends or after work hours)
- (2019-06-13) Alberto Glez: Simple and effective!! all i want!! <3
- (2019-01-12) Josef H.: Works as expected, thank you
- (2018-12-26) Josh Ross: Doesn't work when clicking links that lead to the URL you want to be redirected.
- (2018-11-13) JMVR: Awesome, works great! Other redirectors didn't do what you told them to do, and with this, you don't even have to exit the options for it to work, great for testing! To make this a bit better, there should be something there that tells you the basics of the the expressions, like how to make yahoo.org and yahoo.com go to the same place. Many people don't know how, me included. Please update it to show some basics of that. Thanks.
- (2018-09-25) 陳志岱: 很方便好用
- (2018-07-16) Mạnh Tú Vũ: Really like it. It helped me alot. It'd be better if the author add a feature allow to turn on/off this redirect easier
- (2018-07-06) Élisson Góis Gallas: I'd like to know how to redirect html headers in pdf links, that tells me to download instead of opening in a tab. Is there a way to force a pdf link to be opened in a tab? Queria saber como eu poderia redirecionar o script de um link de download de arquivo pdf para que eu forçasse ele a abrir no navegador.
- (2018-02-08) 陳炳宏: 很棒，方便FB手機版轉桌面版
- (2018-01-07) Mehdi Mhenni: Seems like it does what exactly I need, but I haven't found how to program it. What I need is to redirect any link of Facebook pages to the "posts" tab for the same page. Example : https://www.facebook.com/Google/ to https://www.facebook.com/pg/Google/posts/ If anyone could help
- (2017-10-31) Necropola: Nice! Does exactly what it says and it's open source (published on GitHub). I'm using this to redirect all links to nexusmod pages to the new layout. Thanks!
- (2017-09-25) Tony Le: Works great, very powerful with regex pattern matching. Redirector would be five-star worthy if it included these missing functions: 1. Edit rules 2. Disable rules without deleting them 3. Drag and drop rules to change the order in which they're applied
- (2017-09-20) Miles O'Keefe: Regex works great, unlike Switcheroo which doesn't have regex support. Tip: you can use $1, $2, etc in the replacement URL and each will be filled with the corresponding matched group in the source url regex
- (2017-09-03) Josuf Eblee: I use this to block some websites that I keep getting distracted to, but can I get this to work for incognito mode? Like a desktop program?
- (2017-08-02) Lord Akil Imenand: It worked very well, but there are a few things that need to be improved. 1. Like other users suggested, there need to be much bigger input boxes. 2. Edit existing rules. 3. Turn off/on existing rules. 4. Some sort of tutorial vid.
- (2017-07-15) Charles Huang: Overly complicated, especially compared with the other extensions on the market. Support for exceptions is exceptionally poor.
- (2017-07-11) Oliver Jones: Works great for page URLs. Unfortunately, I need to intercept and change URLs used to load IFRAMES, and Redirector doesn't seem to handle that use case (yet).
- (2017-04-30) Mugair: Mükemmel bir eklenti. Ayrıca regex destekliyor. Yazılımcılar için kullanışlı.
- (2017-03-17) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Redirector". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2017-03-14) Philip Watson: Decent tool, syntax is a bit weird and limited and also it just randomly stops working which is very annoying as I am in an enterprise setting so people have no idea what's going on when it just decides not to work.
- (2017-03-12) Majid Vaghari: Bad UI, Can't edit redirects, Can't figure out how to use.