Redirect requests to google.com/url directly
This extension registers a webRequest listener to intercept requests made to google.com/url and redirect the request to the actual URL directly instead of through Google. This does not replace the URLs in links.
- (2020-01-26) Michal Kozuch: does it's job well. google did bad job :)
- (2020-01-24) Doguparthi naga sudhir: tried this extension in linux environment in google chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 but not working
- (2020-01-07) Filipe Dâmaso Saraiva: Does what it says it does.
- (2019-12-16) gowtham: fixes the google redirect issue. i am not sure if the extension is open source. that bothers me a bit.
- (2019-12-11) bigwheel k: God. This extension saves my time. My feeling lucky works once more.
- (2019-11-11) Addison Maudit: As others have said, this removes the "Redirect Notice" when using "I'm Feeling Lucky" in the URL bar. It's very convenient, but a shame that we need an extension for this now.
- (2019-11-03) Viktor Engelmann: Doesn't work on google.de or other toplevel domains
- (2019-10-26) Graham Mackintosh: This does a great job of fixing the "Redirect" bug that Google introduced. (Actually, probably not a bug... Google just doesn't like you using their search engine without them ever making it to the glass to show you ads etc. Totally straightforward.
- (2019-10-16) Samuel Neff: Does exactly what I was looking for.. automatically bypasses Google `/url` redirects like I'm Feeling Lucky!, which recently had an extra redirect warning page added in between. Since there were no prior reviews I did review the code before running. Very straightforward and nothing unexpected.
- (2019-11-16, v:1) the nurd: google in other countries
Thanks very much for taking the time to make and share this extension. Being from the UK, I use google.co.uk, rather than google.com. As a result, I still get google (UK) redirect notices. Could you change your extension so that it automatically forwards users like this: google.*/url?q= Rather than like this: .google.com/url?q= Thanks again.