Redirect requests to google.com/url directly
This extension registers a webRequest listener to intercept requests made to google.com/url and redirect the request to the actual URL directly instead of through Google. This does not replace the URLs in links.
- (2023-04-26) Toby Fox: Successfully skips the "Redirect Notice" page from address bar I'm Feeling Lucky searches, HOWEVER for some reason this also breaks clicking on all links in Reddit email (https://click.redditmail.com/CL0/[reddit url]) - just makes them redirect to the home page instead of to the given URL.
- (2022-12-13) Justin Goldberg: It works but when I right click URLs in Google, the copy/paste URL still has the redirect. Use URL Tracking Stripper & Redirect Skipper instead.
- (2021-05-23) Joel Mellon: I don't know if it's just me, but even though it does what it says, there's a tremendous delay in doing so. Upwards of five seconds. It's far faster to just click the first link when Google comes up.
- (2021-03-27) Peter Hayman: does what it says on the can
- (2021-03-22) John Harrell: Addison Maudit expressed my sentiments exactly in his review: "As others have said, this removes the "Redirect Notice" when using "I'm Feeling Lucky" in the URL bar. It's very convenient, but a shame that we need an extension for this now."
- (2021-01-13) SnekNOTSnake (Mr Sehat): It's working perfectly with google.com but doesn't work on google.co.uk or the others. I live in Indonesia where there are many contents censored, so I need to use google.co.uk otherwise the search results won't be good.
- (2020-01-26) Michal Kozuch: does it's job well. google did bad job :)
- (2020-01-24) Doguparthi naga sudhir: tried this extension in linux environment in google chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 but not working
- (2020-01-07) Filipe Dâmaso Saraiva: Does what it says it does.
- (2019-12-16) gowtham: fixes the google redirect issue. i am not sure if the extension is open source. that bothers me a bit.
- (2019-12-11) 西田和史: God. This extension saves my time. My feeling lucky works once more.
- (2019-11-11) Addison Maudit: As others have said, this removes the "Redirect Notice" when using "I'm Feeling Lucky" in the URL bar. It's very convenient, but a shame that we need an extension for this now.
- (2019-11-03) Viktor Engelmann: Doesn't work on google.de or other toplevel domains
- (2019-10-26) Graham Mackintosh: This does a great job of fixing the "Redirect" bug that Google introduced. (Actually, probably not a bug... Google just doesn't like you using their search engine without them ever making it to the glass to show you ads etc. Totally straightforward.
- (2019-10-16) Samuel Neff: Does exactly what I was looking for.. automatically bypasses Google `/url` redirects like I'm Feeling Lucky!, which recently had an extra redirect warning page added in between. Since there were no prior reviews I did review the code before running. Very straightforward and nothing unexpected.
- (2019-11-16, v:1) the nurd: google in other countries
Thanks very much for taking the time to make and share this extension. Being from the UK, I use google.co.uk, rather than google.com. As a result, I still get google (UK) redirect notices. Could you change your extension so that it automatically forwards users like this: google.*/url?q= Rather than like this: .google.com/url?q= Thanks again.