Initiate calls with FortiVoice from Chrome.
FortiVoice Click-to-dial works with in conjunction with your FortiVoice Enterprise phone system to allow you select a phone number from a website and automatically call the party using your phone system extension.
- (2022-08-25) Brett Sutherland: I'm updating my previous negative review. I was able to get it to work by turning on Developer Mode, Allow access to file URLs and Collect Errors. I'm not sure which one made it work. Since it's working I'm not going to mess with it! YMMV. For anyone who is on the phone all day, It's a great tool.
- (2020-09-08) Logan Harman: It just doesn't work. Fully updated FVE, extension is authenticated. I can verify by using the built in dialer. Clicking a phone number on a page however doesn't give an error, it just doesn't do anything. Formatting is correct, dial plan is correct, extension recognizes that the number I'm clicking is a phone number, however n o t h i n g happens. Having installed around 18 FVE's, one deployment being a central/survivability with 10 locations, I have to say every one has had at least a few issues requiring support. Don't expect the FVE solution to be anything like Fortinet's FortiGate solutions. They just don't support it enough. It's very frustrating to have a phone system with this many broken features.
- (2020-03-28) Daxter Granlin: This extension works good. Need to ensure your FortiVoice system is up to date and running firmware 6.0 or newer as this is a requirement. Even works in a terminal server environment and dials my remote phone that I am hot desked into. Recognized phone numbers in various number formats including numbers that include parenthesis. Being able to paste a number into the dial-pad and recognition of extensions would make this plugin great.
- (2020-02-19) Guy Roy: Useless peace of software. Not surprised since it comes from Fortinet. The extension does not want to connect even if i do have the correct credentials.
- (2019-02-05) Dan Tobler: If I could get this to work, it would change my life for the better. Unfortunately I have put in all the settings associated with our Fortivoice server and my User information and it will not connect. Not to mention there is no support or anyone I can call to try and troubleshoot. One guy in my office got it installed and configured, however he can't get his phone to dial correctly because our company requires a "9" for outbound calls and no one can figure out how to pre-pend the 9 before the number found on the website.
- (2019-01-04) Steve Morton: After updating our outbound dialing strings, this works well on numbers from websites. Unfortunately, our primary web app saves phone numbers with parentheses around the area code such as (555) 555-1212 and the extension doesn't recognize that as a valid format.