Ensures that only one tab plays audio at the same time
Smart Tab Mute ensures that only one tab is playing sound at the same time The extension is also available for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/smart-tab-mute/
- (2019-08-07) BUNTO D0LBAEBOVICH: Нормас, но я не понял прикола почему он в вк не возвращает звук и в саунд клауде, если ты парралельно будешь плей\стоп жать.
- (2018-10-14) Brett Atencio RN: when I had 3wk open in one tab and then switched to youtube to watch a movie it muted both as soon as I clicked on the full screen in youtube, after that it muted both even when not in full screen.
- (2018-04-17) Renátó Schenek: No unmute button, which would not be a problem, if it wont be bugging all the time.
- (2018-02-27) Nicholas Vaughn: I've been testing this for about 2 weeks now and have had to grab up the other groovy extension 'smart tab mute' to deal with when it fails, which was okay for a while. I really want to like this extension, unfortunately bugs out too often which makes it no longer useful to me at this time. It will seemingly randomly (no extended lul in active tab or anything 2x speed talking udemy videos with youtube music.. the youtube music will always trump the talking video of course) switch to the youtube music and sometimes it will even do that AND switch off the udemy talking video :( I cant realistically use it anymore but giving it three stars bc I reaaaallly hope they keep up this project and I hope when I try this again in a few months they made a few adjustments. Keep up the good work!
- (2018-01-11) Orange Crates: I really did like this until recently it stated to cause problems with Chrome. When I have this extension enabled I'm not able to select search suggestions with my mouse. If I click one of the search suggestions nothing happens. I can still select using the keyboard but the mouse just straight up doesn't work. Which is too bad because it does exactly what it's supposed to otherwise.
- (2017-12-27) Akshit Agarwal: Amazing extension this is something that I was missing from long time...loved it :) Thanks guy for developing it for everyone!
- (2017-05-27) Moises MNVideos: Incredible. Just what i was looking for. 10 of 10
- (2017-02-17) Alessandro P: no longer working this crap it doesn t unmute tab
- (2017-01-21) Mark Zeta: Works most of the time if I open a tab with a short clip. But when I opened a longer video on Youtube, after a while, it mutes both tabs (spotify and youtube). That's the most annoying part. I can't rely on it too much.
- (2017-01-11) András Lantos: Teszi a dolgát,jól.
- (2016-11-08) Allan Laal: actually works!
- (2016-08-17) Ido Shavit: Sometimes, after Chrome update, needs to be reinstalled to work
- (2016-08-17) 유태종: It does not work reliably.
- (2016-08-14) Solar ': It's kind of buggy. I can mute one tab. And yet, when I have another one open it automatically mutes the other tab that I don't want muted lol. It's quite buggy! It is not bad...yet not good either.
- (2016-07-31) Mathias W: Would be awesome if the there was an option to allow to switch on the sound for the active tab if multiple tabs produce sound so you can switch between tabs easier without having to unmute. (i.e having multiple videostreams (e.g twitch) running in your browser)
- (2016-07-28) blake bush: I doesn't work for me which is too bad but it had no effect.
- (2016-07-25) Brynn Robenstein: Works absolutely perfectly!
- (2016-07-21) Clyde Davidson: Love it! I can play music in one tab, but just click on a video in FB with having to tab jump.
- (2016-07-20) Fabian Kromer: You might not know it yet, but you definitely need this extension!
- (2016-07-14) Eric Downey: Will be a standard in web browsers come a few years. Thank you.
- (2016-07-14) Oliver Schöndorfer: Great app! Really handy and works just fine for what I need.
- (2018-06-08, v:1.0.1) A P: Me
Can you write extension to close tab that plays sound?
- (2017-12-10, v:1.0.1) pooter geist: When a new audio track starts in background tab
it mutes the main tab that is open (and playing audio)
- (2017-03-27, v:1.0.1) Allan Laal: randomly mutes youtube tabs
this plugin randomly mutes youtube tabs after a tab has been playing for a while. it usually happens when I have internet radio playing in some other tab for background and its being muted whilst youtube is playing pausing and resuming the video in that tab will not unmute it, I have to manually select unmute from the tab context menu or reload the tab
- (2017-03-15, v:1.0.1) Tom Voss: Closing a tab screws things up
I'm playing a radio station and Pandora. Everything works fine until I close a tab. As soon as I close any tab both my radio station and Pandora will unmute.
- (2017-03-08, v:1.0.1) Игорь Охотин: Pause tab
Hello, is there a function to pause a tab, instead of mute??
- (2017-02-11, v:1.0.1) Ben Hammock: Opening a tab as MUTE by default?
I never want audio on Facebook. I know I can block video from starting, but I'd like to watch BUT not listen. Same for bookmarks for streaming sports sites. Silence is golden. Make this an option and BooYa! Good times!
- (2016-12-07, v:1.0.1) Mute by default
Can you add option to define list of URLs that will be always muted or list of always on URLs? For example, I'm listening to music (Deezer, Spotify etc.) and a message (Hangouts, Messenger, Skype) arrives. I would like to be able to define if I want to hear this notification or not.
- (2016-11-01, v:1.0.1) 蔡志豪: Unexpected behavior
Sometimes it mutes active tabs unexpectedly Here are steps for you to reproduce: 1. I had a YouTube tab running in the background 2. I opened a new YouTube tab and was watching a video. It muted the previous tab, that's good 3. After a while, the video became silent. And I had to unmate it manually
- (2016-10-10, v:1.0.1) anmol mohanty: closing yt tab doesn't start replaying sound from another tab
Hi, thanks for the useful extension. Scenario/Bug:- Listening to music on spotify. Open YT. Spotify mutes. Great. Pausing yt resumes spotify. great! But closing YT unfortunately doesn't resume spotify.
- (2016-08-14, v:1.0.1) daniel cervantes: Mutes tab
when viewing youtube in full screen smart tab will mute it.