Listen to audio one tab at a time.
Tired of having multiple tabs play audio simultaneously? Take back control of your audio experience with Smart Mute and listen to audio one tab at a time. ---------------------------- NOTE: - This extension does NOT pause any media, it will only mute it. - Short-keys and right-click settings are not currently available but are being considered for future release ---------------------------- Additional Features: Mute / Unmute Tab Individually Mute or Unmute tabs temporarily without having to Whitelist/Blacklist every website you visit. Silent Mode Prefer to browse the web in complete silence? Give Silent Mode a try. Silent Mode prevents any audio from playing in your browser. Pairing this feature with Smart Mute's Whitelist feature can give you even more control of what you hear while browsing. Whitelist Enjoy listening to your favorite podcast or music playlist in the background while you browse the web? Ensure your listening experience never gets interrupted again by adding it to Smart Mute's Whitelist. Blacklist Hate when websites have auto-playing videos and advertisements? Add those annoying sites to Smart Mute's Blacklist and hear the sweet sounds of silence. Additional Permissions Required Smart Mute's Whitelist and Blacklist feature requires access to website URLs. This information is used — in real-time — to compare the websites a user visits and those that are listed.
- (2020-03-16) D Schwartz: make it simple to operate like silent sound blocker
- (2020-02-19) Dmitry Dmitry: Расширение очень нужно и хорошее! Но! Периодически без причины пропадает звук в принципе во всем браузере, приходится перезапускать само расширение чтобы звук появился, исправьте, плиз, если это возможно. Звук тупо пропадает, расширение выключаю, потом включаю и звук есть
- (2019-12-18) Lester Lee: Loved it for CNN!
- (2019-11-29) Noritake Satoh: My Facebook tab gets a single notification sound and my YouTube tab mute completely. It will be better to add a mechanism that causes the previous tab to re-open sound if the notification sound only play lasts a few seconds. Can setting that time will be ever better!!
- (2019-11-11) Hiwa Jalal: it does what it say perfectly.
- (2019-10-22) musical silence: idk if chrome coding allows it, but will there be a feature in an upcoming update to add the "mute tab" functionality to the right-click menu so one doesn't have to actually open the tab and hear the audio blare out in order to mute it?
- (2019-10-21) Jorge Ojeda: Smart Mute es extraordinariamente útil! Antes de instalarla perdía muchísimo tiempo activando y desactivando el sonido de las diferentes pestañas, además ahora puedo evitar sonidos indeseados y evitar momentos incómodos en la oficina o en casa. Considero Smart Mute una extensión indispensable para navegar en internet. I Love it !
- (2019-10-21) The Modern Monk: make you smart simple, but awsm keep it up, and bring the awsm ext. like this thanks a lot
- (2019-10-21) Rizwan: Good,exceptional extension.
- (2019-10-21) AIM We Draw Your Dreams: Nice extension.
- (2019-10-21) Relbma: Have been using this for a while now....one word..awesome. Never had a problem. This is always installed after Bitwarden as my 'can't use Opera/Chrome without it' apps. Well done!!!
- (2019-10-05) Kelly Kane: Solves a long needed problem in Chrome of not being able to leave sound off everywhere and unmute on demand. Gets rid of obnoxious sound from unwanted autoplaying videos (that's 100% of them.)
- (2019-08-31) Chris Kleinsasser: Awesome!
- (2019-08-24) Kaye Marie: This is a fantastic extension. Works perfectly and love the new updates!!!
- (2019-08-24) Tim Titus: Seriously easy to use and really appreciated. Cheers bro!
- (2019-08-16) Reece: Exactly what I was looking for. Shifts between tabs seamlessly, and includes a blacklist feature that I don't use often but absolutely love that it's there.
- (2019-07-24) Bobby Meeks: So far this is EXACTLY what I needed! I wanted something that would mute everything but my pinned tabs so I can listen to [email protected] and not be bombarded by videos while reading my news feed. Well done!!!!
- (2019-06-07) Yikai Wang: pretty good. however, after closing the second the tab, the first muted tab does not resume unmuted. would be better if this is possible.
- (2019-05-24) I really like it!
- (2019-05-08) Filipe Bastos Rodrigues: Excelente para assistir varias lives sem vira uma bagunça.
- (2019-04-28) Tyler Prevost: This is a great extension! 👍One thing I think that could make it perfect is if there was an option to have it so the most-recently-muted tab would automatically un-mute when you close the tab that caused it to mute. Something like: 1. Open Twitch.tv in Tab A and start watching/listening to a stream 2. Open Reddit in Tab B - do not watch/listen to any audio/video 3. Open YouTube in Tab C and start watching/listening to a video 4. Tab A becomes muted due to Smart Mute (which is fantastic!) 4a. Optionally open some non-audio-playing tab in Tab D 5. Close Tab C 6. If you did step 4a, you stay on Tab D. Otherwise, the browser automatically navigates you to Tab B (where there's no audio/video playing) 7. Tab A becomes unmuted, even though you're not on Tab A <--- This is the new functionality I'm suggesting (as an option). What do you think? I would re-rate this as 5/5 if that were an option!
- (2019-04-20) greg hardy: simple but works good
- (2019-02-17) Jimmy Castille: Works perfectly. Found it by accident.
- (2019-01-16) Zolin: it works sometime,but not always
- (2018-12-29) Dafa Alrizqy: best
- (2019-06-20, v:5.3.1) Lester Ingber: left click should open Whitelist options?
Hi. Once Whitelist is active, I think that the tabs under Edit Whitelist, Add URL and Add Domain, should be shown immediately (perhaps even without the current list unless that is separately clicked on), to that it is easy to add a new entry? Thanks.
- (2019-01-02, v:5.2.3) Renesis 3: Smart unmutting
I love your extension. Hope it's still maintain. I think you could push it an extra mile by adding smart unmutting : Let's say I'm listenning to Spotify, then while surfing the web I click a video. The smart mute comes handy great. I think it would be nice that my spotify tab get unmute when I am finished with the video.
- (2018-12-14, v:5.2.0) himynameisgeoff: Tabs un-muting temporarily
Background tabs are un-muting for a second. So I hear the background tab audio mixed with the foreground tab audio at least 2 or 3 times a minute.
- (2018-07-11, v:5.1.0) De Kift: Update not OK
This was a great extension but since the update (July 11th), the icon of some of my tabs is replaced by the speaker mute icon (my tabs are all very small; I don't know what happens with normal width tabs). Those tabs don't even have sound so I don't understand what's going on. I'm afraid I have to uninstall or disable it. I really *hate* the automatic extension update of Chrome. Would love to go back to the previous Smart Mute version...
- (2017-11-16, v:4.1.2) 刘雨晨: 非常喜欢这个插件
- (2017-05-15, v:2.0.1) Exclusion list
Is there an option to exclude particular sites?