This will let you view the cached version of a webpage
This extension will allow you to see if there is a cached version of a web page. Handy if a page now 404s.
- (2017-06-19) LEITWOLFfilm: After hours of searching how to extract the content of a cached website, this add-on showed me the cached site in the browser.
- (2017-01-19) Harsh Shah: didn't work,How to use this tool......
- (2015-10-21) Hanxue Lee: Works perfectly. Can get cached version of web pages, if exist.
- (2015-02-25) Ciprian Amarandei: This one actually works. Just right-click on the page and choose "Google cache grabber"
- (2014-11-17) caue rego: It does as it says, except it's for google cache only. I'd hope it'd give a few more options, such as wayback machine!
- (2014-10-28) Rami Markus Maunula: Works.
- (2013-12-26) Miranda Nadeau: Didn't work for me at all
- (2013-09-24) Bob Lotz: Great! Works like it is suppose to.
- (2013-09-19) Gianluca Troiani: Works like a charme
- (2013-08-06) Tim Bailen: Exactly what I wanted. Added a menu item to Chrome right-click menu which opens Google's cached version of the current page (if one exists). Worked for me! (It also adds a button by the address bar, which I didn't want, but it can be hidden by right-clicking on it and choosing "Hide Button")
- (2013-07-11) Jason Czop: It simply doesn't work.
- (2016-02-03, v:1.0.0) Alexander Kashev: Not compliant with Google brand guidelines
This extension does not conform with Google's brand guidelines for extensions: https://developer.chrome.com/webstore/branding It would be best to fix that before they complain.
- (2015-05-29, v:1.0.0) Faisal Reza: just click
make the toolbar button click show cached page(instead of right click)
- (2015-05-18, v:1.0.0) Diko Jelev: Not working and not updated
Please either fix or remove. Otherwise as an idea is great.
- (2015-01-19, v:1.0.0) Magi King: Hotkey
Could you possibly add a hotkey option? Chrome allows to set hotkeys for extensions that are stored up near the omnibox, but for some reason I can only get the extension to work if I right click on the page.
- (2014-05-11, v:1.0.0) Peter Moses: google returns 404
I get a 404 error from google when trying to use this ext. Below is from trying on CNN link: 404. That’s an error. The requested URL /search?q=cache:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dcnn%26oq%3Dcnn%26aqs%3Dchrome..69i57j0l5.3664j0j7%26sourceid%3Dchrome%26es_sm%3D122%26ie%3DUTF-8 was not found on this server. That’s all we know.
- (2013-07-24, v:1.0.0) Erik Kamphuis: doesn't work
this doesn't work