Want to view cached pages and cached websites? Right-click on any link or page to view the Wayback Machine or Google Cached pages.
Web Cache Viewer lets you right-click on any link or page to view the Wayback Machine or Google Cache versions of that page. When browsing the internet, everyone eventually runs into those pesky 404 error messages that are pretty annoying. Web Cache Viewer makes dealing with 404's bearable, giving users the option to right click and view the Google Cache or Wayback machine versions of the page. One special feature of Web Cache Viewer is our built-in Wayback Machine smart feature. Our smart feature will intelligently redirect you to an archived page of the one you're on, instead of the typical archive selection screen you encounter when using archive.org directly. If Wayback Machine isn't your thing, you can also resort to the Wayback Machine alternative of using Google Cache instead. I hope you find this extension helpful. If you do, please leave a review.
- (2021-11-29) Gustavo Ferreira: Estava precisando ver uma notícia urgente em site de jornalismo pago e essa ferramenta me ajudou muito ! Agradeço aos desenvolvedores pela iniciativa !
- (2021-11-07) Libreo FR: Ne fonctionne plus, extension complètement inutile.
- (2021-06-21) Ven IMpire: Works nicely, thanks!
- (2021-04-16) Mike Tomkins: Tested and working fine retrieving from Google archives in 04/21 with Chromium 89.0.4389.114.
- (2021-03-17) Squanchy: good job!
- (2021-03-05) Wiliam Leite: Actually useless, won't recover any page.
- (2021-02-22) Candyman0756: Doesn't work anymore
- (2021-01-05) Yesenia Castellano: This is incredibly helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to build this extension. I so wish I had learned of it years prior.
- (2020-07-27) calamansi jean.michel: on comprend même à quoi ça sert , peut pas mettre 0 etoiles
- (2020-07-19) Acid Kick: Good app
- (2020-04-02) Cosmin Atodiresei: Worked like a charm... saved my behind after an ftp blunder
- (2019-12-24) Rahul Naik: Doesnt Work re lolyano
- (2019-11-04) Janis Fedorovskis: didn´t work for me, wanted to access a webpage that shows in google search engine with pictures and data, but the app did not open the web as it has been removed. So it did not show the cache as it should.
- (2019-11-02) Роман Липатов: Все отлично. Но было бы лучше по кнопке расширения получать данные, а не по правому клику мышкой.
- (2019-10-16) Works perfectly well
- (2019-09-19) Gaz Lodge: Garbage - waste of time - simply doesnt work lol
- (2019-04-27) Steven: No longer functions.
- (2019-04-25) David Raz: The WayBack Machine version isn't working. The google cache is working, but that's easy to do manually from the address bar so it's no big help
- (2019-03-23) Oliviero Di Lauro: Doesn't work! :-(
- (2019-01-31) jrwill58: It isn't working for me. I installed this to use with Facebook,using the "Google Cache Archive" option, I got the 404 error. I then tried it on another website, same results 404 error. I tried the "Way Back Machine Version. This did absolutely nothing ! I am very disappointed.
- (2019-01-09) Johny Why: seems to have stopped working
- (2018-12-02) gregor: does not work at all!
- (2018-11-26) William Jimenez: Wondering if it can open locally cached versions of a webpage. I am interested in this since the content changed and want a product price honored.
- (2018-11-19) nilam musale: Hello..can you tell me how to exactly use this app after i install in my chrome browser.I followed steps you written in guidelines but expected result is unclear...What should i interpret?
- (2018-11-08) Kgaoza Gp: Didn't help at all.
- (2018-08-15) Ali Ridha: Doesn't work after the latest google chrome browser update.
- (2018-08-14) Đình Giáp Lê: Unuseful
- (2018-06-10) John Gronkowski: Doesn't work, I right click on a site I know has Way Back Machine or Google Cache and nothing comes up.
- (2018-05-17) Владимир С.: Так и не понял как им пользоваться. Нажимаю иконку, открывается меню "Web Cache Viewer", управление расширениями, удалить из Chrome. Нажимаю первый пункт, открывается это окно со вкладками Обзор, Отзывы, Поддержка, Похожие. Никакого функционала нет.
- (2018-05-06) Andrew Tate: Simple and quick way to access possible archived copies of your current page in (1)the wayback (archive.org) machine OR (2) the google search engine. It does not use chrome's local cached copies on your disk.
- (2018-01-11) Serg King: Просто фантастика. Давно искал теперь все проблемы с поиском архивной страницы решены. Рекомендую
- (2017-05-27) vovx21: SUPER! Лучшее расширение!!! Теперь кэш всегда под рукой, не надо искать в поиске ! THE BEST, like it
- (2017-04-08) M: It is awesome - it is just like another extension on the Opera store called prevweb. The only thing I would wish for is the automatic saving of the webpage when it is not found
- (2017-01-25) caue rego: my first impression is: nice description and implementation seems to be working good. love how it's only 10kb. I don't really like to have to go through a submenu for just 2 items, but maybe there's no better way around this. and I'll keep it on to see if I ever need to use it again. - the dev contacted me to ask for a review, since he saw my review on similar extensions. pretty cool, even though I don't know if I need such things anymore. :)
- (2021-05-31, v:1.0.0) Katherine Stephens: Pinterest deleted boards
My research shows that I can use this to restore deleted boards. But as a newbie, I am uncertain. Am desperate to restore my boards that were deleted by Pinterest.
- (2021-04-25, v:1.0.0) Steve: Chrome Update
Seems the latest Chrome update has caused the extension to cease its functions. It no longer appears when right-clicking a link.
- (2019-04-27, v:1.0.0) Steven: No longer functions.
Does not appear when I right-click.
- (2019-04-25, v:1.0.0) David Raz: WayBack Machine Version isn't working
WayBack Machine Version isn't working
- (2018-01-28, v:1.0.0) Other cache sources
I really like this feature, but it would be great if you added other caches sources. Bing, yahoo, yandex, etc... A list of other cache sources: http://searchengineshowdown.com/archives/
- (2017-12-21, v:1.0.0) Phedre Parks: Won't open page
I found the link I want in my cache, hovered over it, right clicked and chose Web Cache Viewer then clicked on Google Cache Archive (The Wayback Machine Version didn't work). But, all that happens is another tab opens up with links to the chrome webstore.
- (2017-08-17, v:1.0.0) View local (chrome device) cache?
How can I view pages from the local device cache? The pages I'm interested in are local network router stat pages, e.g. 192.168.1.254/..., which are obviously not in the web cache archives
- (2017-08-17, v:1.0.0) How to use with bookmarks?
I'm running chrome 61.0.3163.49 (beta), have bookmarks to pages that I've viewed but are now offline. When I right-click the bookmark, or the address bar URL, I don't see any Cache Viewer options.
- (2017-04-07, v:1.0.0) Izhar Khan: NO Shortcut Key for easy access for opening any of cache
NO Shortcut Key for easy access for opening any of cache