Want to view a cached website? With WebCache it takes 1 click to view the Google Cache, Wayback Machine, Archive.is, or Coral CDN!
This is a chrome browser extension that allows the user to view a cached version of the current webpage. Set your primary cache as Google Cache, Wayback Machine, Archive.is, or Coral CDN. If what you're looking for isn't found, it'll cycle through the other caches until it finds what you're looking for. There are three ways to use WebCache: 1. Click the extension button to view the cached version of the web page 2. Access the cached webpage through the right click menu (enable this setting in the options page) 3. Auto-detect when a webpage is down, and fetch the cached version (enable this setting in the options page) Source code is available here: https://github.com/Dbz/WebCache PLEASE REPORT ISSUES/FEATURE REQUESTS HERE: https://github.com/Dbz/WebCache/issues Change Log: V 4.1.0 -------- - Wayback Machine URL now takes you directly to the latest snapshot of a page - Added Archive.is as to the caches - Code Refactoring V 4.0.0 -------- - Added right click menu option to view the cached version of a web page - Re-wrote the HTML/CSS of the options page - Refactoring of the code base V 3.5.6 --------- - Fixed a bug where first time installers couldn't use the extension before visiting the options page Google Cache, Wayback Machine, Coral CDN, cache
- (2020-02-28) Sam Gibson: Google cache link doesn't work it just 404s. Wayback machine seems to work but have to use a different plugin to easily access google Cache from a right click.
- (2019-09-15) Chek Wei Tan: Very convenient! Save me some time to type "cache:" manually in front of url.
- (2019-01-09) cars x: Exactly what I needed. Makes viewing cached versions of websites way faster...Normally, I would have to go to the cache website to paste in the link but with this extension you just click and BOOM. It works perfectly.
- (2017-12-09) Alexander A: Keep it going, Danny! People need it!
- (2017-09-16) Vincent Hugot: Crashes on activation. Corrupted. Repair doesn't fix.
- (2017-08-18) Андрій Хома: Имея это расширение теперь не нужно бояться что какой-то сайт с полезной информацией ВДРУГ перестанет работать. Отличная весчь)
- (2017-03-19) Judith Straetemans: Love the new update!
- (2017-02-18) Yonder: wtf, why do people rate this badly, its bloody useful! Anyways, loved this addon, just wish there was more options to configure it
- (2016-07-14) Keith Murray: It does exactly what I expect it to do and takes only a couple of clicks to adjust options. Super helpful for scouring dead links/urls.
- (2016-06-01) Julian Mendiola: It takes me to google every time I click the icon... searching for "cache:thecachingpage".
- (2016-04-15) Mike Bilel: Almost perfect. Only complain is sometimes I want the Google cache and sometimes I need the wayback machine. I don't want to have to go into the settings every time I need to use a different cache. So a drop-down menu with "favourite caches" would be very nice!
- (2016-03-29) it works, as expected and simple
- (2015-11-12) Jerry Jiang: button do not work
- (2015-10-14) Sean Gaston: Doesn't work.
- (2015-09-16) Robert Claypool: Didn't do anything. Clicked on options which had a list of caches and a Detect down webpage selection the default of which is apparently off. Tried turning it on, still nothing happened.
- (2014-11-23) Matthew Roy: Seamlessly fixes the annoying problem of broken pages. It's easy to access my favorite sites even when they are down. I'd love for it to have an option to automatically take you to the most recent version of the page while it was live!
- (2014-11-17) Muhammed Riyas: Now its working fine. Nice tool to use
- (2014-10-13) Александр Мадисон: Работает,деньги капают
- (2014-06-29) de Lamb Orgen: Rất hữu ích khi muốn xem lại trang web đã bị xóa.
- (2013-10-11) Yuri Malyshev: Time machine! Great! Thank you.
- (2019-02-20, v:4.1.1) Aaron Oliver: It's so big!
Yeah, uh, why is this so large?? I looked inside what gets installed with the extension, and it has a 14 meg file: bfg-1.12.15.jar Is that... necessary??
- (2018-05-30, v:4.1.1) Doc Flay: Extension info
In the additional info section, it says this extension is 13.76MiB I can only assume this should be KB, or I think something needs to change.
- (2018-05-30, v:4.1.1) Doc Flay: Saving pages
Could you please add the ability to save to the web archive and archive.is Being able to quickly save pages is becoming more important for freedom of speech.
- (2018-05-30, v:4.1.1) Doc Flay: Remove Coral
Coral CDN stopped functioning in 2016 https://cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/coral-users/2016-December/thread.html#start
- (2017-12-26, v:4.1.1) Julimin Tebas: Fb
Cara melihat status fb teman yang sudah di hapus
- (2017-12-09, v:4.1.1) Alexander A: One tiny feature needed
Great job, Danny! I like that it is open source and lightweight, using it in Opera. One little request: could you please add a context menu for links (i.e. include WebCache submenu into the context menu for links on a page)? That would be awesome for opening many cached pages in the background without the need to leave the page you're viewing!
- (2017-11-15, v:4.1.1) the options
Ok i say you said that google had a fix for the options page but, im not sure were to find the fix and i was curiouse were it was or how to repairit
- (2017-07-11, v:4.0.1) Archive.is support?
Hello again. Would you consider adding support for archive.is? It's a pretty popular lightweight alternative to Wayback Machine and it's used a lot on sites like reddit. Here's an example of an archive.is URL that shows you the latest version of the Reuters website: http://archive.is/newest/reuters.com
- (2017-06-04, v:4.0.1) Changing the archive.org url
Would you consider changing (or adding the option to change) the archive.org url when using WebCache? For example, web.archive.org/web/*/bbc.com takes me to a page full of saved versions of BBC. web.archive.org/web/bbc.com (without the asterisk) takes me to the latest version of the website and I always want to view the latest version when using this extension. Keep up the great work.
- (2016-12-10, v:3.5.6) Craftsvilla Customercare: Youtube videos won't play
Unable to play youtube videos
- (2016-09-21, v:3.5.6) d b: Open link with Waybach Machine
Hello I would like a feature "Open this link with Wayback Machine" that doesn't require me to first load a page and then look at the cached version. Would that be possible to add?
- (2015-11-07, v:3.5.5) Cory Spuck: button does nothing
Clicking button does nothing